Chapter 19

Look At The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 19 Jongwoon hated the wheelchair. In fact, he hated it that much that he continuously stayed inside his bed for days, no longer feeling the urge to get out. Kyuhyun and Hyukjae really didn’t know what to do with it. But luckily Donghae was there to help them.   Donghae told Kyuhyun and Hyukjae that they had to start looking for positive signs, instead of all the negatives. All Kyuhyun and Hyukjae could see was a very depressed person, lying in bed all day, staring outside as if he knew he would never go to that place again.   Donghae, however, saw it differently. He too saw a very depressed person lying on the bed, but he also saw a boy who desperately wanted to go outside again. Who just didn’t want to bother his boyfriend and friends with his problems, so therefore decided to just stay in bed, and stare outside instead. Donghae knew Jongwoon thought this way, because Jongwoon always asked them to open the window for him. So he could smell the fresh air coming from outside, so he could hear the sounds coming from outside. For Donghae, there was nothing more obvious than the fact that Jongwoon did want to go outside, but just didn’t want to bother anyone with it.   After a small deliberation, they decided to arrange an electric wheelchair for Jongwoon. For that, he just needed to be able to move his hand, so he could drive himself around. Of course they still needed to help him go from upstairs to downstairs into the chair, and vice versa in the evenings, but that wasn’t a lot of effort, and they expected that even Jongwoon wouldn’t mind asking them for help for that.   Getting the electric wheelchair, however, turned out harder than expected. It took a lot of calls and appointments before they finally got one without having to get Jongwoon involved in the whole process.   Getting Jongwoon out of the bed wasn’t the easiest job either. And when they finally got him this far to get out of bed to sit downstairs, still keeping the electric wheelchair as a secret, Hyukjae couldn’t wait anymore and told Jongwoon about the chair while still lifting him downstairs. If Kyuhyun had known that that would happen, he would have told about the chair days ago, so they didn’t had to waste all this time to convince Jongwoon that sitting downstairs was really much nicer than being upstairs all the time.   At first, Jongwoon just blinked at Hyukjae, not sure what the latter had just told, because, hell, Hyukjae was so excited that no one on earth would have been able to understand him. But as soon as Jongwoon laid eyes on the wheelchair, you could instantly see the weight fall off his shoulders. His eyes literally lit up for the first time in weeks, as if he finally found a little brightness in his life again.   It didn’t take long for Jongwoon to completely figure the new wheelchair out. And soon he was racing all over town, going all kinds of places, visiting people he knew, and he even visited complete strangers. He also dragged Kyuhyun with him once, even though Kyuhyun wasn’t really a people-person. But Jongwoon’s laugh sure made up for all of it.     ✭✭✭✭✭     “After you finished cleaning the coffee machine, you can go Kyuhyun,” Kyuhyun’s boss said to Kyuhyun, who actually had one more hour of work to go. He looked at his boss confused, and his boss gestured inside the café as response. Kyuhyun turned around to see what his boss was gesturing at, and saw Jongwoon next to his usual table.   Some people where sitting at the table, and talked to Jongwoon a little, but Jongwoon only smiled as soon as he noticed Kyuhyun staring at him. Kyuhyun just smiled back in return and cleaned the coffee machine as fast as he could.   As soon as Kyuhyun made his way towards the table Jongwoon was at, the people who were keeping Jongwoon company left. Kyuhyun wasn’t sure if Jongwoon had told them to leave, or that the people were actually scared of Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun didn’t really care. All that mattered was that Jongwoon was here, and that Kyuhyun was done with his work.   “Hey,” Kyuhyun said casually, as soon as he reached Jongwoon, and sat down at the table.   “Hey,” Jongwoon said in return, and Kyuhyun slightly trembled at Jongwoon’s weak voice. It was scary how fast it had gotten weaker over the past two weeks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter