First Interaction

Rooftop Cats

 

Two distant figures stood at the edge at the top of the building not moving an inch. Feeling the breeze brushing against their faces, they close their eyes and took a leap.

 

***

 

The skinny man lets out a big yawn and stretched out a little before he was fully aware of his night out at the open rooftop. The freezing boy slowly stood up in a bid to catch more sleep in the luxury of his warm and cozy comforters but stopped halfway as a still and sleeping figure caught the corner of his eyes.

 

He wonders if the petite girl slept out in the same freezing night. Seeing that she is not going to wake up any time soon, Kyuhyun dragged his freezing feet inside and brought out an extra set of comforters before heading straight to his inviting warm and cozy bed.

 

***

 

She folded the comforters neatly and recalls her brash decision to stay out in the cold freezing night. An old Cantonese man that lives across the alley two floors down practices his canton opera every morning at eight sharp. Albeit being used and appreciative to the daily alarm her neighbor had provided without fail, at times like this, she still hopes for some peace and quiet. As she snuggles her way out of her favorite chair, a piece of cloth slides down her knees.

 

***

 

Ding ding...

 

Strange, I never gave anyone my home address except for Siwon hyung.” these thoughts ran through Kyuhyun's mind as he made his way from his dinner to the main door.

 

His eyes widens at the surprise visitor.

 

Hi.” was all he managed to mutter out of his breath at the girl in a petite frame in front of him.

 

The girl showed no signs of expression and pushed the neatly folded comforters straight to the man's chest before she turned to walk away. Kyuhyun wasn't able to react to her actions in time and he quickly grabbed her arms in reflex earning a murderous glare from the unappreciative girl in front of him. Sensing her defensive mechanism, Kyuhyun retracted his hands and apologized.

 

He just wanted to know her name.

 

***

 

Aargh! Why is she so cold and unresponsive. To think I was looking forward to hear her say a 'thank you' for keeping her warm in that harsh weather.” The dejected boy complained to his head photographer whom he has grown close to due to their same ethnicity. “She could have just cross over to my place instead of going all the way down from her building and climb the stairs up to mine again. Weird woman!”

 

It was a first for Eric to see Kyuhyun spout so much words at the same time. The reserved young man has always hide behind the crew and sits in a corner quietly oblivious to his surroundings. Perhaps the young boy wasn't conscious of his looks but he was in fact a beautiful man. Eric couldn't lay his eyes off the boy when he first bumped into him. He was searching for an inspiration for his next personal project and Kyuhyun fits the bill perfectly. However, some things seems to be lacking and he couldn't figure out it yet.

 

I guess the lady must be special enough to captivate you.” Eric teases the young man as he finds him the frustrated boy amusing.

 

Kyuhyun muses over Eric's statement as he finds it ridiculous. He was about to rebut when Eric's cellphone rang. The older man took a look at his phone screen and quickly retreated to a corner and answered the phone. Kyuhyun was left in surprise as he recalls the head photographer never answers his phone while he is still working regardless of the urgency of the matters. He wonders if its a call from his girlfriend or something but dismisses any thought thereafter not wanting to be nosy.

 

AMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!” the head photographer purrs through the phone with a pitchy tone three octaves higher than his usual low and sultry voice which left Kyuhyun totally dumbstruck.

 

***

 

Amber heaves a loud sigh as the man on the other line screamed at her name in the worst possible way before she continues, “I'm coming tomorrow and probably Tse too.”

 

i'm a working old hag.. so i'm trying to write as much as i can but you know.. time contraints.. enjoy~