Chapter Seven

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

Woohyun looked up, startled, as Myungsoo slammed the door, throwing his bag onto the sofa. He frowned, “What…what happened?”

Myungsoo sat down on the chair at the table, as the other Infinite members crowded around him, looking at him worriedly. His expression was exhausted and bitter, his eyes closed as he leaned back, “She found someone else. She already has someone else, I was too late.”

“What? That’s not possible.” Dongwoo protested, but Myungsoo shot him a look that shut him up at once, “I know what I saw. They were hugging. In broad daylight. She’s moved on, she’s forgotten me.”

Woohyun shook his head in denial, “I don’t believe that. That’s impossible. Jiyeon would never do that. She’s not the type to move on so quickly, I know that. You must have been mistaken.”

Myungsoo opened his mouth to retort, but Sunggyu interrupted him before he could, “I think Woohyun’s right, Myungsoo. You must be mistaken, Jiyeon’s not the type to forget everything between the two of you so quickly.” He hesitated for a moment, looking at Myungsoo’s slumped form, “Let’s continue with the tour first, Myungsoo.”

Woohyun stared at Sunggyu, protesting, “But what about Jiyeon?”

“I have serious doubts that she’ll forgive Myungsoo right now, and it’s possible that the guy who was hugging Jiyeon was just comforting her because of…well, we all know. So why don’t you give her a little time to calm down. Come back after the tour, and after our overseas activities. It’ll take us about two months, then you come back, apologise sincerely and ask for her forgiveness, all right?”

There was a pause as Myungsoo listened to him. Then, weakly, he nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB was waiting for Jinwoon and Jr as they packed up to leave the set. Jiyeon had left earlier to prepare for T-ara’s comeback; she had become slightly more carefree and relaxed after their conversation, but he could still see moments when the sadness penetrated her defences again; her smile slipping as she thought about Kim Myungsoo.

“Yah, JB, let’s go, I have a date.” Jinwoon called. JB raised an eyebrow, and asked teasingly, “Another date? What’s her name this time?”

Jinwoon’s brows drew together, and his usually casual expression turned unusually serious, “Don’t joke about this.” Without another word, he strode to their car.

JB blinked in surprise; he hadn’t expected the usually cheerful Jinwoon to be upset by his little joke. He glanced at Jr, who shrugged, “Incredibly, Jinwoon seems serious about this new girl. He won’t tell us anything about her.”

JB gave a small smile, “It’s about time he got into a serious relationship. Did he mention how he met the girl?”

“Not sure, he just said that they met with a slap, so I’m assuming he said something rude to her and she slapped him. Maybe that’s why he’s serious about her; most girls just fall at his feet and lets him step all over them, while this one doesn’t. It’s not any of our business, anyway.” Jr shrugged again, “Let’s go to the car.”

JB frowned as he caught up with Jr, “I know you don’t like Jinwoon much, but you don’t have to be so heck-care about him, right? I mean, he’s one of our colleagues after all.”

“It’s not that I-” Jr started, then broke off abruptly. After a moment, he shook his head, “Yeah, it’s cos I don’t like him. I don’t know why, he just gives me a really slimy feel, like he’ll go after a friend’s girl without even telling the friend. I don’t know.”

JB sighed deeply. He seriously couldn’t understand Jr’s aversion to Jinwoon, especially since Jinwoon was such a fun guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was close to midnight when JB suddenly heard the doorbell ring; he looked up, startled, and got up to answer the door. Then he paused for a moment, glancing worriedly back at his computer. He stood undecided, then quickly closed the Jiyeon fancam he had been watching.

When he opened the door, he was startled to find Bae Suzy waiting there. He hadn’t seen her since she had rushed out after his cruel speech, but he was not surprised to see how pale and frail she looked. He had heard that she hadn’t been eating well.

“JB-sshi…can I come in?” Suzy asked weakly; she was leaning against the door frame, pale and shaking.

JB hesitated, “Is something wrong, Suzy-sshi? What are you doing here? Do your members know you’re out?”

Suzy stared down at her hands, her voice slurred as she replied bitterly, “They don’t care about me anymore, anyway.”

“”Suzy-sshi, have you been drinking? Were you at a bar?” JB’s voice was genuinely worried now; he opened the door fully to let her in, but he was a beat too late. Suzy’s eyes suddenly rolled upwards, and she slumped into JB’s arms in a dead faint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB’s arms were folded, his eyes worried as he watched Suzy. She had not stirred once in the past two hours.

Jr, who was leaning against the wall, sighed, “What the hell are we doing here, anyway? Couldn’t we have just brought her here and left? It’s a hospital, they can look after her, we don’t have to sit around and waste precious sleeping time.”

“You can go back first. I’ll wait till she wakes up.” JB replied quietly, his eyes not shifting from Suzy’s sleeping form.

Jr groaned, “Why are you even worried about her? She deserves what she got.”

JB looked up, and the look in his eyes were indecipherable, “Does she? You heard what the doctor said. Not only was she drunk, but she was also suffering from malnutrition and fever. She may have been a and a , but does anyone deserve to have their health destroyed like that?”

“She. Deserved. It.” Jr enunciated clearly, “She did this to herself. No one starved her, no one made her drink. She did it all by herself. And why did she come to our house anyway? Don’t you see? Suzy knows exactly how soft you are. She knows that if she appears in front of you like that, she’ll earn your pity and that’s just what she wants!”

JB hesitated. Jr strode over to his leader, grabbing his arm and trying to pull him out of the chair, “Come on, hyung, let’s go.”

JB shook his head, “You go ahead first, Jr. I’ll see you at home later.”

Jr stared angrily at his leader. Then with a sigh of exasperation, he spun around and strode out of the hospital ward.

JB waited silently, not moving from his spot, his eyes fixed on Suzy. The hour-hand on the clock turned round once before Suzy finally stirred weakly. She groaned, looking up, and seemed surprised to see JB, “JB-sshi…where am I?”

“The hospital. You fainted, so Jr and I brought you here. The doctor said you were suffering from malnutrition.” JB replied. Suzy lay her head back, “I really must seem pathetic to you, right?”

JB frowned, “I didn’t say that.” Suzy sighed deeply, then asked, “Was it true, what you said of me last time? Is it all true? Is that how everyone sees me?”

JB hesitated, not sure of what to say. Suzy gave a bitter laugh, “I’ve always known that people see me that way, but I’ve never had someone say it to me so openly before. I must really seem like such a to the rest of the world…Poor Jiyeon. I hurt her so badly…”

“Why don’t you just go to her and apologise? It’ll make things easier.” JB suggested, “If you’re really sorry about what you did…just go to her and apologise.”

“I want to, but I…I can’t. Don’t you see that I can’t? Apologising to her…that would mean letting down my pride. I can’t do that, I just…I just can’t.” Suzy bit her lip, her fists clenching as the tears welled up in her eyes. JB stared silently at her for a moment. Then he rose.

Suzy grabbed onto his shirt sleeve and almost fainted with the effort, but managed to speak, “Are you leaving?”

JB looked down at her, “The hospital will take care of you, and I’ll go back to tell the Miss A members what’s happened.” He paused for a moment, then continued, “I only wanted to say that I’m sorry. My words last time were a little harsh.”

With that, he swept out of the hospital ward.

Suzy stared after him for a moment. Then she smiled, a sad little smile, “Why apologise when you and I both know that it’s completely true?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyeon groaned, rubbing her eyes as T-ara’s Day by Day blasted from her phone. Tiredly, she checked the caller ID, blinking as she did, and picked up the phone, “Hello? JB? What’s wrong? Why’re you calling at four in the morning?”

“Did I wake you up? I’m sorry, but I’m waiting outside, so do you mind coming out for a while?” JB sounded apologetic, “It’s important.”

“All right, I’m coming out now, give me a minute and try not to attract any sasaengs in the meantime…” Jiyeon hung up, tossing her phone on the bed. She groaned again. With visible effort, she forced herself to get off the bed, and pulled on her jacket to go out.

JB breathed into his freezing hands as he waited outside, shivering in the cold. He grimaced, wishing he had brought his jacket out.

All of a sudden, someone slung a jacket over his shoulders. He turned around, surprised, only to see Jiyeon behind him, smiling, “Cold?”

JB huffed, his breath crystallizing before him, “In this kind of weather without a jacket? Definitely.” He pulled the jacket off, wrapping Jiyeon in it, “But seriously, it should be the guy doing this and not the girl.” He grinned as he looked down at her pajamas, “Powerpuff Girls? Seriously?”

Jiyeon shook her head, “Not when the guy might be about to freeze to death. And I like Powerpuff Girls, I think Blossom is really cool. So what are you doing outside my house at four in the morning.”

JB hesitated, the smile fading at her question. Quietly, he admitted, “Suzy-sshi came to look for me. She fainted while at my doorstep. Apparently she was suffering from malnutrition.”

Jiyeon’s eyes widened, “What? You’re not serious.”

“She’s at the hospital resting now.” JB replied in answer. He stared down at his hands, “She said she’s sorry for what she did to you.”

Jiyeon looked up, and her eyes were sharp, “So why doesn’t she come to me and say it?”

“Suzy’s a very proud girl, Jiyeon. She’s been pampered and spoiled since young, and everyone heaps praises on her. She hates to apologise, but at least she feels sorry. Can’t you tell her you forgive her?” JB pleaded.

Jiyeon’s eyes were suddenly filled with fiery anger, “Why do you want me to forgive her so badly? Do you have a thing for her too?!” She spat out the last sentence.

JB tensed. His voice was strained as he struggled to keep calm, “Park Jiyeon, I have utterly no interest in Suzy. I only want you to forgive her because it’ll be easier for you. Holding a grudge and hating Suzy won’t help you to move on. It’s not worth it, Jiyeon. Just forgive her, forget all about this and move on. Please.”

Jiyeon seemed pacified at his words. She stared down at her hands for a moment, then quietly thanked him, “JB…thank you. You’ve really been doing your best to help me all this time, I can’t believe I thought that of you…I’m sorry.”

JB grinned, more relaxed as he reached out and ruffled her already messy hair, “That’s what friends are for, Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon was quiet for a moment, contemplating. Then she nodded, smiling, “You’re right, JB. That’s what I’ll do. Thank you.”

JB smiled in return, “That’s good. I’ll see you at filming tomorrow, then?”

Jiyeon nodded and waved to him as she turned to enter the building. JB waited, making sure she was inside the building before turning away to return home. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, here's the next chapter! I'm sorry it's so late!

Anyway, there was less JJ interaction in this chapter. I felt bad for Myungsoo at the front; he really misunderstood everything and became totally discouraged! But the Infinite members are awesome ^^ they still support and comfort him. So Myungsoo will be taking a step back for the next few chapters, but there will still be mentions of him (I've got a bunch of Myungyeon flashback scenes planned out XD)

Suzy also features prominently in this chapter, and she's less of a than she was last time. The truth is that Suzy isn't all that bad. Yes, she's a and a , and she knows all ths, but she's also a very proud person who's been praised for her beauty and spoiled since young, which is why she refuses to anknowledge and correct the mistakes she makes. JB, who's the first person to tell her her true personality to her face, is the one who forces her to face the truth, which is why she turns to him now for comfort. In other words, yeah, love square between Myungsoo-Jiyeon-JB-Suzy is starting. Did anyone see that coming? I also mentioned a bit of Jinwoon at the start; the Jinwoon arc will start in the next chapter. Which means that Jinwoon will soon be joining the game to make it a love pentagon. Booyeah!

As for JJCouple, JB is actually a very soft person, like Jr says. He feels bad and sorry for Suzy the moment he sees how she's suffering, and is willing to help her. Also, I want to emphasize on how JB knows what is best for Jiyeon, and always tries to help her move on; he doesn't want Jiyeon to become a bitter woman who holds a grudge against Suzy and Myungsoo, which is why he urges Jiyeon to forgive Suzy. And they met in the middle of the night! Not really a date, but close enough, I'd say XD

Please remember to subscribe and comment on how you like this chapter!

On a sidenote, I have a new fanfic consisting of a collection of oneshots. It's called Oneshot Collection: Love in Kpop. I will write mainly for JB, Jiyeon, Myungsoo, Suzy, Krystal and Kai, but i also accept requests for Infinite, T-ara, JJProject, Exo, Exoshidae and others. I've already posted a Myungyeon oneshot, a JJCouple oneshot and a Sestal oneshot, so please make sure you check it out!  Thanks!