Chapter Ten

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

Jr looked up in surprise as the door opened, “Hyung? I thought you would stay at the hospital with Jiyeon, what are you doing back here so early?”

JB groaned as he slumped into the sofa, “Don’t even talk about it…Jiyeon’s upset with me, and I don’t even know why!”

Jr plopped himself down next to JB, “Well, I can’t say I’m surprised.”

JB glanced at his maknae, startled. Jr rolled his eyes in exasperation, “Dude, Jiyeon hates Suzy right? And you just went on ahead and took care of Suzy for days; of course she’ll be upset with you. She’ll think that you’re on Suzy’s side!”

JB blinked, “Wait, what? On Suzy’s side? I don’t…I’m not…I was just…” he stuttered, his expression dismayed, “Why in the world would she think that? God, I thought she of all people would know that I’m on her side!”

Jr shrugged, “Who knows how the minds of females work?”

JB hesitated. He glanced at his phone. There had been no reply from Jiyeon at all, although she was probably asleep by now since it was already one in the morning. After a moment, he got up, “I’m going out.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was leaning against the railing, his arms folded and his eyes closed as he waited. She paused, staring curiously at him, but he remained stationary, seemingly unaware of the people milling around him.

She barely took a step forward when his eyes opened; his expression did not change, it was just as cold as ever. But there was mild surprise in his eyes at the sight of her, and he inclined his head, “Jiyeon-sshi.”

Jiyeon bowed back, “You’re Infinite’s Myungsoo, right?”

Myungsoo allowed a brief smile to cross his face, “That’s what I’m called, yes. Although I answer to L as well. Is there something you need?” His eyes were piercing, almost staring right through her.

Jiyeon blinked, suddenly self-conscious. She coughed, “No, nothing, I was just wondering…”

Myungsoo’s eyebrow arched, “Yes?”

Jiyeon’s nerve failed, “Nothing. I’ll see you next time.” Without another word, she practically ran back to T-ara’s waiting room.

Myungsoo watched after her silently. Slowly, the corner of his mouth turned up in a soft smile.

Jiyeon slammed the door shut and put a hand on her heart. Why was it –

Jiyeon awoke with a gasp, her breathing harsh. She blinked a few times, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. Where was she?

The sickly clean scent of her surroundings quickly reminded her. She was in the hospital. After that accident. Her face wrinkled. She hated being in a hospital. The food there , and it was all cold and lonely and there was something lying against her arm…

Her head turned slowly; for a moment, she wondered if it was some ghost wandering the hospital. Then her body deflated as she let out a sigh of relief. It was JB.

He was sitting on the seat beside her bed, deep asleep, his head leaning against her arm. He looked peaceful; as she watched, he turned his head to the other side and mumbled something.

She couldn’t help but smile at seeing how cute he was. She leaned forward to listen closely…

“No…sorry…I didn’t mean to upset you…”

Jiyeon frowned, confused. An apology? Who was he apologizing to?

“Jiyeon…”

There was a long silence, as Jiyeon stared down at JB. Slowly, she smiled, reaching out to touch his blonde hair gently. After a moment, she moved her blanket, so that it would cover him as well.

“Do you like him?”

Jiyeon jumped at the voice; JB stirred slightly at the movement, then fell back into the waiting arms of sleep. Jiyeon glared at the girl sitting opposite her, “Why do you want to know?”

Suzy’s expression was unfriendly, even in the darkness, “I was just wondering. After all, it wasn’t all that long ago that you were calling Myungsoo-oppa your soulmate.”

Jiyeon snorted, “I can say the same about you. Who was the one claiming that what you and Myungsoo had was true love? Don’t forget, you’re the who ruined things between me and him first.”

Suzy’s gaze turned venomous at the insult, “Yes, I thought I loved Myungsoo-oppa. I thought he loved me too. But I realized I was wrong. If he really loved me, he wouldn’t abandon me and leave me here all alone.” Her gaze softened as it travelled to JB, “It was JB who woke me up and helped me. He helped me and cared for me.”

Jiyeon stared at her in disbelief, “That’s just because JB was kind and felt sorry for you! Do you seriously think he likes you? Suzy, I know you were stupid, but surely you’re not that dumb!”

Suzy’s face flushed at Jiyeon’s words, and she drew herself up, her voice cold, “No, I don’t think he likes me. But at least I know that I feel something for him, and I’m willing to fight for his heart.”

“You sure are a fickle person,” Jiyeon scoffed, “Going from man to man as easily as changing shoes.”

“At least I know what I feel. What about you, Park Jiyeon? What do you feel for JB?” Suzy demanded haughtily.

“I-” Jiyeon broke off abruptly, hesitating as her eyes flickered down to JB’s peacefully sleeping face. Suzy raised an eyebrow, and a smirk crossed her face.

“Wipe that smirk off your face!” Jiyeon snapped angrily, making a move to rise out of her bed.

Suzy sneered at her, “You’re such a rude , I don’t get why anyone would like you!” Before Jiyeon could retort, she lay down on the bed and threw the blanket over herself.

Jiyeon glared venomously at the lump of Suzy lying under the blanket. After a moment, her gaze flickered to JB’s sleeping form, her eyes conflicted.

What did she feel for him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB awoke with a groan, shaking his head to clear it. Voices were pressing in from all around him; for a moment, he wondered if he was on a crowded public bus.

Then he heard her voice, “Thank you so much, I’m really grateful for what you’ve done. I could’ve died if not for you.”

JB looked up, only to see Jinwoon standing in front of Jiyeon’s bed, a bouquet of roses in his hand. The younger idol stared at the roses, his eyes flickering briefly to Jinwoon. What was this?

Jinwoon ignored him completely, “It’s my pleasure, Jiyeon-sshi. Perhaps we could have lunch another day?”

There was a pause, but only fleeting, before she answered, “Sure.”

JB’s face fell at Jiyeon’s words; Jinwoon smiled brightly, “I’ll see you at filming, then.” He placed the roses on the table, glancing briefly at JB, “Hey.” Without another word, he strode out of the ward.

Jiyeon glanced at JB, “You’re awake. What were you doing here last night?”

JB coughed, his face flushing slightly, “I got worried about you, so I came back…”

On the other side of the ward, Suzy’s eyes flickered towards them. JB checked his watch, “I should be going, I have a fan meeting at eight.”

“You’re leaving already?” Jiyeon blurted out without thinking. Then she coughed, suddenly embarrassed. JB forced his smile back, “I’ll visit you immediately after my schedule’s ended, all right?”

Jiyeon nodded, the smile spreading across her face, “See you.”

As JB left the room, Suzy looked up at Jiyeon, “You’re a lucky woman, Park Jiyeon.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jr waved to JB as he emerged from the hospital; the JJ Project leader stared at Jr in surprise, “Why do you look so upset? Did something happen?”

Jr’s face was stormy as he held out JB’s phone, “You left this at home.”

JB took the phone, “Totally forgot about it, thanks man. But why do you look so glum? Did you try to call me or something?”

“She called.” Jr replied bluntly. JB blinked, “Who?” He took the phone, checking the call log, and his smile faded abruptly, “Did you pick up?”

“She wants to talk to you.”

“What did you tell her?”

“I said you weren’t around,” Jr shrugged, “Which is true, anyway. What are you going to do about her?”

JB looked down; his back was suddenly stiff, and there was an unrecognizable coldness in his eyes, “Nothing. It’s not worth our time.”

Jr shifted uncomfortably at this side of his leader, “Are you sure? She-”

JB ignored him and strode away. Jr bit back a sigh, “Life is too complicated.”

--------------------------------------------------------

Here's the next update, as promised!

JB's so sweet to Jiyeon ~ He even sleeps by her bedside cos he's worried about her! XD But Jiyeon still can't forget Myungsoo. After all, it's hard to forget your first love. Suzy isn't actually in love with JB either, but she's getting there, because JB's the only person who actually cares for her. You can see that Myungsoo has absolutely no interest in Suzy; he can't even be bothered about her, whereas he was willing to rush back to Korea for Jiyeon. Even her members don't seem to care much for her, so Suzy's very grateful and moved by JB's actions. But that's just cos JB's a kind-hearted guy.

Speaking of which, who's the mysterious 'her' at the end of the chapter? Can any of you guess? She's tied up in JB's past~ JB seems kind of like the perfect guy now, but he's not; we got a glimpse of his other side, too. After all, everyone has flaws.

And remember guys, comment and subscribe!