Chapter Three

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

Myungsoo gave a sigh as his phone vibrated again. He glanced over at it; as he had expected, it was yet another message from Suzy. She really was getting rather annoying, having messaged him fifty-seven times in the past hour.

Pushing himself off his bed, he headed to the door to get a drink from the kitchen. As he reached for the doorknob, the door suddenly swung open. Myungsoo barely had time to blink before a fist crashed into his cheek; the Infinite visual hit the ground with a loud thud, his eyes wide and stunned.

“You bastard!”

Myungsoo looked up, only to see Woohyun standing over him, fuming. Woohyun raised his fist to strike Myungsoo again, but Sunggyu and Dongwoo lurched forward to grab him, “Woohyun! Calm down!”

Myungsoo shot to his feet, furious, “What the hell! What’s your problem?”

“You goddamn jackass! Why the hell did you cheat on Jiyeon!” Woohyun roared. He threw the other two members off and lunged at Myungsoo. This time, it took all the other five members of Infinite to stop their raging bandmate.

Myungsoo froze, his eyes wide, “How did you…”

“You were caught with Suzy leaving a hotel, L. A reporter took photos. It’s all over the web now. You’re getting bashed left, right and centre, and as far as I’ve seen, even our fans are hating on you. There’s all sorts of comments; everyone’s calling you a cheating bastard, in general.” Sunggyu informed Myungsoo. The leader looked angry as well, although not to Woohyun’s extent.

Myungsoo sagged, “Does…does Jiyeon…?”

“She’s got to know by now, L. Like Sunggyu said, it’s all over the news. That means, even on television and everything. Even other idols are bashing you now. Well, mainly the CCM idols, but 2PM’s Taecyeon and Wooyoung, JJProject’s JR, Girls Generation’s Taeyeon and Jessica, all the members of f(x) and a whole bunch of other JYP idols have twitted about this, and none of them have anything good to say about you. You screwed up big time, L.” Dongwoo answered coldly. He, like the other members, clearly had no pity for Myungsoo.

Sungyeol shook Woohyun, “You got a grip on yourself yet, buddy?”

Woohyun pushed s away, his voice low as he replied, “I’m fine.” He shot Myungsoo a venomous glare before storming out of the room. One by one, the other Infinite members left the room as well. None of them said anything to Myungsoo, who slowly slid to the ground and buried his face in his hands. Dongwoo was right. He had really screwed up. Big time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suzy, meanwhile, wasn’t in a much better state. Min had blown up at her, yelling at her for two hours straight before storming back to her room. Jia and Fei were both slumped at the sofa, staring blankly at the television screen. Suzy sat alone in her room, her arms wrapped around her legs.

Only yesterday she had been right at the top. One of the most popular idols around, having replaced Yoona. All sorts of idols had been singing her praises. And now…now she had plummeted right to the bottom. She had read the comments on the internet, and she had seen the other idols’ tweets. Even her own labelmates were turning against her. Everyone was calling her a shameless .

Just at that moment, she heard the doorbell ring. She didn’t bother to get up; it was probably that irritating manager of hers, back to reprimand her for her irresponsibility

Jia and Fei ignored the doorbell at first, too. Both of them were still reeling from the shock of the news. Although they were not the parties involved in this, but they were still shocked that the girl whom they had considered to be their innocent maknae would do this kind of shameless thing.

Whoever was at the door banged on the door. Once, twice, then again and again, without pause. After a few seconds, Fei got up with a sigh, “All right, all right, I’m coming.”

She had barely opened the door when Ham Eunjung threw it open, yelling at the top of her lungs, “Where’s that Bae Suzy?!”

Eunjung was followed by the other members of T-ara, all looking rather upset. Fei and Jia were motionless for a few moments, startled by the sudden appearance of the T-ara members. Then Jia asked hesitantly, “Um…where’s Jiyeon-sshi…? Is she okay…?”

Eunjung speared her with a glare, “Would you be okay if you were her?”

Soyeon tugged on the taller member’s shirt, “Don’t be rude. This has nothing to do with the other Miss A members.”

Eunjung huffed.

Suzy and Min emerged from their rooms; at the sight of Suzy, Eunjung’s nostrils flared and she threw herself at the Miss A maknae, who flinched. Hyomin and Hwayoung grabbed their member, “Hey! Hey, calm down, let’s talk about this rationally-”

“Who wants to talk about this rationally?” Eunjung spat, struggling futilely, “I’m here to beat the crap out of her!”

“You’re free to take her.” Min answered coldly. Suzy turned to protest at Min’s unfeeling words, but was silenced by a ice-cold glare from Min.

“We’re only letting go off you if you’re prepared to handle this properly, Eunjung.” Soyeon told her in a matter-of-fact way. There was a moment of silence before Eunjung huffed again, “Fine. I won’t throw her off the building.”

Soyeon rolled her eyes.

“Fine! I won’t scratch her eyes out, all right!” Eunjung snapped. She relaxed, and Hyomin and Hwayoung let go of her.

The ten ladies sat down at the three sofas the Miss A members had. There was a long, awkward silence as they faced each other, not knowing what to say. Then Eunjung reached forward and gave Suzy a resounding slap.

“Eunjung!” Boram exclaimed, shocked. Eunjung sat down, her face filled with a grim satisfaction, “I didn’t say I wouldn’t slap her.”

Suzy blinked, stunned. Jia took the lead, “Where’s Jiyeon-sshi?”

“She ran out when she heard the news. We’re not sure where she is.” Qri answered, speaking for the first time. And then delivered a first-rate poisonous glare to Suzy, who cowered slightly.

“Maybe we should locate her first. Then Suzy can apologise to her properly.” Min stated. Suzy’s expression was rebellious, “Why should I apologise? I didn’t do anything wrong! Myungsoo and I-”

Before she could continue, Min gave her a good hard slap, right where Eunjung had hit her before. Suzy stared at Min in disbelief, “Unnie!”

“If you think you didn’t do anything wrong, then you’re even more of a stupid then I thought. Kim Myungsoo was Jiyeon’s boyfriend. You must have shamelessly seduced him to get him to sleep with you. So how is that love? You will apologise to Jiyeon-sshi, otherwise I’ll go right to Jinyoung-oppa and tell him to kick you out of the group. If he refuses, then I’ll tell him that I want out.” Min told her angrily, infuriated by Suzy’s lack of remorse.

Suzy looked down. Eunjung was tempted to give the young girl another slap, but since Min had done it already, she decided to wait a little while.

“Honestly I think Jiyeon would be more interested in giving this a thorough bashing.” Hyomin answered, her expression hard, “This woman may be your precious maknae, but Jiyeon is our precious maknae as well and we won’t just stand by and watch her get hurt.”

“You can take out the ‘precious’, Hyomin-sshi. Suzy is just our maknae.” Min inserted.

Fei and Jia glanced at each other, uncomfortable with the level of hostility in the room. Hesitantly, Fei suggested, “Why don’t we look for Jiyeon-sshi first? I think the most important thing would be to make sure she’s all right. Then we can handle everything else.”

Boram interrupted before anyone else could speak, “Fei-sshi is right. I’ll try and call Jiyeon.”

Everyone waited in silence as Boram made the call. Then, as seconds turned to minutes, the T-ara members expressions’ turned to worry.

“She’s not picking up?” Eunjung asked.

Boram shook her head, “What do we do now?”

“Let’s go out and look for her.” Jia suggested. Everyone else nodded in agreement and got up; only Suzy was left sitting on the sofa. Jia addressed Suzy for the first time, and her icy tone showed her obvious displeasure, “You’re going to help as well, whether you like it or not. Don’t forget, all of this is your fault. Whatever you think you’re suffering now, you deserve all of it.”

There was a moment of silence. Then Suzy got up, “Fine.” Together, the ten idols trooped out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Here you go.” JB handed Jiyeon yet another tissue. Jiyeon sniffed a few times, wiping the tears from her bloodshot eyes. JB glanced at his watch; Jiyeon had been crying for an hour straight.

Jiyeon finally put the tissue down, and JB was relieved to see the tears not coming anymore. He patted her on the shoulder, “Feeling better?”

Jiyeon nodded silently before asking, “What time is it?”

“Almost lunchtime.” JB replied. Jiyeon’s eyes widened, “What? Oh no…I should be getting back. The others must be so worried about me…”

“Why don’t I call them to come over?” JB suggested. Jiyeon looked at him questioningly. JB hesitated for a moment before answering, “Your news is all over the internet, Jiyeon. It wouldn’t be good for you to go out now. It’ll be safer if I ask them to come over.”

Jiyeon looked shocked, “All over the internet?”

JB swallowed a sigh, “What do you expect? It’s big news. I mean, you guys only informed the public that you were dating two months ago. And now he…this has never happened before in the idol world, Jiyeon. Even other idols are reacting to this.”

“How do you know?”

JB hesitated. JR poked his head into the room, “Um…hi.” He slipped into the room, carrying his computer, “I was checking the internet and messaging him, so yeah…”

“Messaging you?” Jiyeon asked. JB lifted his phone, “You were so distracted that you didn’t notice, so…”

“Oh…what did the idols say?” Jiyeon questioned, looking at JR.

“…There’s a lot. All the f(x) members reacted to the news almost instantly. The whole bunch of them, and SNSD’s Taeyeon and Jessica, used Heechul-sshi’s twitter account to tweet their opinions. Krystal and Jessica were…openly rude, calling Myungsoo and Suzy a disgrace on the kpop world. The other idols essentially said the same things, but were politer. The other six Infinite members also tweeted apologies to you about that…guy’s behavior. The other JYPE idols tweeted as well, they apologised to you about Suzy’s behavior and said it was disgraceful of a JYPE artiste. Even Jinyoung hyung tweeted about this. There were also some actors who tweeted about this; I think it was Yoo Seung Ho and Kim Soo hyun. Essentially all of them were pretty much about the same stuff.” JR replied, glancing at his computer.

JB smiled gently at Jiyeon, “Everyone’s rooting for you.”

Jiyeon smiled gratefully, “Thank you.”

“So I’ll call Eunjung-sshi for you?” JB asked. Jiyeon nodded before questioning, “Do you have her number?”

JB smiled, “Sure thing.”

He left the room to make the call, leaving JR and Jiyeon alone. JR stared at Jiyeon openly for a few moments before she finally asked, “Is something wrong? Why do you keep staring at me?”

“You’re very different from before. From filming, I’ve always thought you were a cold heartless . But…I guess you’re not.” JR shrugged.

Jiyeon gave a small smile, “I’ve been told that before. I guess…I don’t really like rookies, honestly,” Jiyeon admitted, “Especially if they drag me down. I guess I really am kind of arrogant.”

“Not really. You’re more of a…perfectionist? Sort of.” JR corrected. He smiled and stuck his hand out, “Friends?”

There was a pause. Then Jiyeon reached out and shook his hand, “Friends.”

JR laughed, and his enthusiasm was infectious, causing Jiyeon to chuckle as well. After a moment, JR’s expression turned more serious, “My hyung isn’t as open as me, you know?”

“Hyung? You mean JB?”

“Yeah. He isn’t as open as I am, and he doesn’t make friends as easily as I do. Do you consider him your friend?” JR questioned, his eyes unusually piercing.

“I…yes I suppose I do. I really appreciate what he’s done for me today. He’s really nice.” Jiyeon answered.

“Then be nice to him. He’s a lot more reserved than I am, and he’s also a lot more sensitive.” JR warned.

“I’ll keep that in mind. You two seem really close.” Jiyeon noted. JR smiled brightly, “We’ve been together for years. We were trainees together, and we were friends in grade school too, so of course we look out for each other. And anyway, the entire JYPE family is really close.”

Just then, JB entered, “I’ve called Eunjung, she’s coming over right now.”

Jiyeon sighed in relief, “Thanks.”

JB hesitated for a moment before continuing, “Miss A is coming too.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the next chapter! Did you guys like it?

Woohyun is awfully protective of Jiyeon, isn't he? And Myungsoo finds out that Jiyeon knows...so he knows he's totally screwed. Suzy is too; she got slapped so many times in this chapter! She did seem like a bit of a , didn't she, the way she refused to admit she was wrong. Poor Jiyeon...

Personally I loved writing the T-ara and JJ Project bits; the groups care so much for each other. Eunjung is totally like 'hurt my Jiyeon and die!' and JR watches out for his hyung as much as he can. 

It may seem a little unreasonable the way Infinite and Miss A are reacting, as well as the other idols. If you think about it, this matter impacts both groups, not just Myungsoo and Suzy. It's the first time this sort of incident has happened in the kpop industry, and it brings both groups a lot of negative impact as well. The likelihood is that, for the next few months, when Infinite and Miss A are mentioned, this scandal will be the first thing that jumps to mind. Naturally, they would be very upset with Myungsoo and Suzy. The other idols are also very upset about this, as this is a smear on the kpop industry, and affects them badly. 

And remember guys, comment and subscribe!