Chapter Six

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

“All right, now we’re going to film the scene where Rian is comforted by JB after being accused of removing Haesung’s mic’s batteries. Jinwoon, Sora, get on standby for your parts. JB, Jiyeon, are you ready?” The director called.

JB glanced at Jiyeon. She was stronger, far stronger than he had thought possible. Despite getting cheated on by her boyfriend of two years, she still managed to maintain a cheery visage on set, filming one scene after another without giving any indication of how badly her life was screwed up now.

“Yah, JB, are you ready?” The director demanded, annoyed when he didn’t get a response from the rookie. JB blinked, startled, before nodding quickly, “Yeah! Yeah, I’m ready!”

“All right…And…action!”

Jiyeon ran to the middle of the stairs before stopping abruptly, her lips trembling. Then she shook her head, holding up her hands as she covered her face.

“Cut!” The director called. JB hurried to Jiyeon’s side, “Hey, you all right? What’s wrong?”

“I can’t get myself to cry…” Jiyeon muttered, blinking hard in an attempt to make the tears come out. JB hesitated for a long moment, watching Jiyeon silently. Then he suggested, “I’m a bastard for saying this, but try thinking about…about that guy.”

Jiyeon’s head shot up and she looked at him. Then she nodded , “I’ll try.”

As JB backed away to the top of the stairs, Jiyeon gave the director an ‘okay’ sign. The director called again, “All right. Ready, and…action!”

Jiyeon walked slowly, almost lifelessly up the stairs. All of a sudden she stopped, as if unable to continue onwards. She turned to face the cameras; the tears were coming for real this time, and she closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath as she tried desperately not to cry now.

Sora tottered into the scene, giving a sufficiently sad and startled look when she saw Jiyeon. As she was about to make her way up the stairs, there was a sudden sound of footsteps, and JB appeared at the top of the stairs. Slowly, he made his way down till he was standing in front of her; his expression was sad, melancholy. JB watched for a moment as she struggled to hold back the tears, and his fists clenched. It worked. She was crying for him. For Kim Myungsoo.

After a moment, Jiyeon turned away, breathing out slowly. Then she spoke, a desperate attempt at trying to sound strong, “I want to be alone. Go.”

JB remained silent, just watching her, the same melancholy look in his eyes. He swallowed, hard, and tried to resist the desire to comfort her, not with the lines from the script, but with the words that he knew she really needed.

“I told you to go.” Jiyeon said. Then she turned back to face him, “Go!”

JB was still motionless. Their eyes met for a brief moment, and Jiyeon knew, that he knew the real reason for her tears. There was a pause as she stared, almost startled by the concern, the pain that was in his eyes. Then she continued with her lines, her voice trembling this time, “Fine. I did it. Why? What are you going to do about it?!” Her voice rose to a shout; then she bit her lip and looked down. She couldn’t stop the tears from coming down, she just couldn’t.

“I know you didn’t do it. I know you’re not really like that.” JB spoke for the first time. His voice was strong in comparison to hers. There was a moment of silence as Jiyeon averted her gaze. In a shaking voice, she whispered, “Why are you being like this all of a sudden…” Then, she took a deep breath and turned back to face him, “Just go. Go!”

Wordlessly, JB reached out and hugged her. His touch was warm, comforting, and she leaned her head against him; a sob ripped out of her and she felt the tears come pouring down. JB felt the tears as well, they came like a downpour, wetting his clothes. His grip around her tightened, pulling her closer to him. Jiyeon’s hands twitched; after a moment, she reached out and clutched him tightly as well, her arms wrapping around him in a hug.

Then Jinwoon came into the scene. He stared at the duo, giving them and Sora a sufficiently angry expression before pulling Sora away roughly.

“And…cut! Nicely done, actors!” The director sounded satisfied this time, “Let’s take an hour recess!”

Jinwoon gave a whoop, “All right, Sora, you wanna go grab lunch with me?”

Sora nodded in agreement, “Let’s ask JB and Jiyeon too.” But when they turned to call the duo, they were nowhere to be seen. Jinwoon blinked, surprised, “Eh? Did they go off already?”

JB followed silently behind Jiyeon as she hurried to find a secluded place where she could cry in peace. As she stopped at the alleyway behind the school, JB stood behind her, not saying anything, just watching her.

After a moment, Jiyeon took a deep breath and spoke in a trembling voice, “I’ll be fine, just go.”

This time, JB didn’t wait. Still silent, he took her by the shoulders, gently turning her around as he hugged her tight. Jiyeon bit her lip; the tears just wouldn’t stop coming down. Her arms wrapped around him again, just like they had when they were filming.

Softly, JB spoke, “It’s all right. It’s going to be all right. You’re going to get over this, and sometime in the near future, you’ll look back at this and say: I got over it, and I came out stronger. You’re going to be all right…”

Jiyeon sobbed into his chest, unable to speak as the words failed her. Then, all of a sudden, she pushed away from him, muttering, “I can’t…I can’t…Myungsoo, he-”

For the first time since he had become a rookie at JYPE, JB lost his temper. His fists clenched as he shouted, raising his voice at her, “You’re still thinking about him? He betrayed you! Kim Myungsoo betrayed you, so why the hell are you still considering his feelings?!”

Jiyeon looked up at him, startled to hear him shout for the first time. JB’s breathing was harsh as he stared angrily at Jiyeon. Then his expression twisted into one of regret and he looked down, biting his lip, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean…I don’t know…I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have shouted at you.”

Jiyeon was so shocked by his sudden explosion of anger that she stopped crying; as he apologised, her expression relaxed. She managed a small smile, “I think that’s the first time I’ve ever heard you raise your voice.”

JB looked chagrined, “I always had a very hot temper since young, and I always tried my best to control it. It’s been a long time since I lost my temper like that…I don’t think I’ve lost my temper once in the past five years…”

“I don’t know whether I should be honored or pissed off.” Jiyeon replied, with a small grin. Her expression changed to one of apology, “I should be the one apologizing. I don’t deserve your concern...”

“Hey, we’re friends right?” JB replied with a grin, “Of course I’m supposed to show concern for you.”

Jiyeon smiled back, a true smile this time. She glanced at her watch, “There’s still half an hour left till the break ends…Do you want to go for lunch?”

“Sure. Just let me go back and ask Jr to come along, else he’ll complain about me dumping him again.” JB replied. Together, the two of them strode back into the school to look for the JJProject maknae.

Fifty metres away, in the school’s carpark, Kim Myungsoo watched them silently, an indecipherable look in his eyes. His fists were tightly clenched, his teeth grinding together. The Infinite manager glanced at him, “I thought you were going to talk to Miss Jiyeon? She’s going in already.”

Myungsoo turned away, closing the door. He looked down at his hands and spoke quietly, “Let’s go.”

The manager looked startled, “Go? Just like that? Are you sure you’re not going to speak to her?”

“Just go.”

The manager hesitated. Then he dipped his head and turned back to the wheel, starting up the engine.

Myungsoo looked out of the window, his voice barely above a whisper, “She’s already found someone else, anyway.”

------------------------------------------------

And I'm back! Wow, it's almost been two weeks since I updated...sorry for the delay, guys, I was busy with school and all...

Anyway, this chapter is pretty much more development on JJCouple; I enjoyed writing the part where they were doing the filming, cos it shows a different take and sort of mirrors the situation they are in now. And JB lost his temper  for the first time in ages because of Jiyeon ^^. They're slowly getting closer...

And Myungsoo! I felt so bad for him...he totally misunderstood the situation, he just saw them hugging and assumed that Jiyeon moved on...At the end of the chapter he's just feeling so hopeless...

Next update should come by the end of next week, please wait for it! 

And guys, remember to comment and subscribe!