Chapter Eleven

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

Myungsoo threw his clothes into his luggage as the television played in the background, the newscaster droning out the daily news. Hoya was also packing his bag at the opposite side of the room. The Infinite dancing machine stretched, a uncommonly wide smile on his face, “Finally we get to go home! I never thought tours would be this long and tiring, man!”

Myungsoo smiled at the older man. All of a sudden, his head whipped around when he heard a familiar name, “Did that woman just say Jiyeon?”

“T-ara member Park Jiyeon nearly got into an accident on stage as the lights came loose. Fortunately, she was saved by two fellow idols who were waiting backstage, 2AM’s Jung Jinwoon and rookie group JJProject’s JB. She was later hospitalized. The authorities are investigating into the reason for the fall of the lights, and Core Contents Media’s CEO, Kim Kwang Soo, is considering suing KBS for this accident, which he terms “a dreadful neglect of equipment which would have resulted in disastrous consequences, if not for the timely rescue of my idol’s fellows’.”

Myungsoo stared at the scene in shock. As he watched the lights falling, Jiyeon frozen underneath it, he could feel his heart beating rapidly, the blood pounding in his ears.

“I’m getting on an early flight back.” Myungsoo grabbed his luggage and bag immediately. Hoya blinked, “Wait wait, hold up. They said she was fine, right? C’mon, man.”

“I have to go and see her.” Myungsoo did not even stop as he strode out of the door. Hoya sighed, rubbing his face tiredly, “Why don’t you just swallow your damn pride and apologise to her directly, Myungsoo?” But the younger idol was no longer there to hear him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB held onto Jiyeon’s hand gingerly as they made their way around the park. Jiyeon rolled her eyes, “Come on, JB. I’m fine. Not crippled. I don’t need help walking.”

JB shot her a look, “The doctor said you might be suffering from shock or trauma, right? We can’t take chances now, can we?”

Jiyeon bit back a sigh. They walked over to a bench and sat down, enjoying the bright spring morning. Jiyeon glanced at her watch, “Don’t you have a schedule to attend?”

JB shrugged, “Nope. You forget, I’m just a rookie, so I don’t have a killer schedule like T-ara does. We’re actually preparing for our comeback in December, but Jinyoung-hyung thinks that Jr needs work on his rapping and singing skills, so he made Jr stay back to practice with him.”

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow, “And you? Don’t you need to practice?”

JB grinned, “I’m a genius, so of course I don’t!” He ducked below Jiyeon’s swat, “Kidding, kidding. I’m practicing with Jinyoung-hyung tomorrow. He gave me permission to come here. So when T-ara having their next comeback?”

Jiyeon shrugged, “Probably middle of next year. What about it? Shouldn’t you be more concerned about your own comeback? Or are you eager to see our Dani onstage?” She teased.

JB’s face flushed red, “N-no! Of course not! I’ll be more interested in seeing y-” He broke off suddenly, coughing embarrassedly. Jiyeon frowned, “What is it? Why’d you suddenly stop?”

Just at that moment, a familiar voice called, “Jiyeon-sshi!”

Jinwoon strode to the bench where JB and Jiyeon sat; his gait was confident, his head held high, yet another bouquet of roses in his hand. He smiled, his handsome face friendly but slightly arrogant, “Jiyeon-sshi, I believe we have a date?”

Jiyeon’s smile froze for a moment. Then she rose, “Of course. Just let me change my clothes first.”

JB stood abruptly, turning away, “Jinwoon-hyung can bring you back to your room. I’m going home first.” Without another word, he strode away. Jiyeon blinked, “Wait, J-”

But he was gone.

Jiyeon stared after her blonde-haired best friend, biting her lip. What was wrong with him?

Jinwoon stepped forward, “Jiyeon-sshi?” He took her hand in his, “Shall we go?”

Jiyeon shifted uncomfortably, pulling her hand out of Jinwoon’s grasp, “Sure, let’s go.” She walked away quickly. Jinwoon frowned, but she had already turned the corner before he could say a word. Biting back a sigh, he quickly followed her.

JB stormed to the end of the hospital park before kicking a bench angrily. He didn’t know where this anger had come from; the moment he saw Jinwoon walking towards Jiyeon, it had just risen in him, until he felt like punching Jinwoon.

It confused him. He’d always been a hot-tempered person, but never had he felt like hitting someone so rashly like that. Jiyeon always seemed to bring out the most violent reactions in him…

“Are you all right?”

JB whipped around, startled. Suzy stood behind him, smiling. Slowly, she hobbled over to him and sat down on the bench. JB sat down as well, “You’re feeling well enough to come out now?”

Suzy patted her legs, “I’m just a little unsteady on my feet, but other than that I’m fine. I should be discharged soon, too. And don’t try to change the subject. Are you all right?”

JB hesitated, his eyes flickering to the bench where he and Jiyeon had been sitting earlier.

“Did you argue with Jiyeon?” Suzy guessed. JB blinked, looking alarmed, “What? No, of course not! Just…”

“…You’re jealous that Jinwoon’s going to lunch with her, then.” It wasn’t a question.

JB looked down, staring at his hands, “I know, I know. It’s ridiculous. Why would I feel jealous over such a stupid thing, right?”

Suzy paused. She wondered briefly if he was really so dense that he couldn’t understand his own feelings, or if he understood them, but simply refused to admit them.

Then she decided it didn’t matter. Suzy reached out and laid her hand on JB’s shoulder, “JB, you know you shouldn’t push things. Jiyeon seems rather cheerful to go out with Jinwoon, doesn’t she? Have you thought that they might…well, have a chance?”

There was a moment of silence.

“You get what I’m saying, right? Jiyeon needs to recover from Myung…that guy’s betrayal. And Jinwoon, he’s a great guy and he’s experienced with girls. He knows what she needs. He’s exactly what she needs. Right?” Suzy spoke softly, her sharp eyes contrasting with her tone.

“…I have to go.” JB stood up to leave. Suzy reached out for his hand, but he pulled away, “Goodbye.”

Suzy watched as JB trudged away, his body radiating confusion and hurt.

And she smiled.

--------------------------------------------

...I made Suzy such a .

Hey guys, I'm back! Exams are finally, finally over, but I'm rushing dramafest now(I'm acting, and I play the antagonist who gets slapped -.- Yeah, I know, life ) so I'll still be pretty busy. Dramafest will be over Nov 1, hopefully I can update all my stories by then. To be frank, this (and Dream High 2: The Idol's Life) are my favourites, so they're the ones I update the most xD

Suzy fans, if you're still out there reading this story: I swear to god I'm not a Suzy-hater. I actually like her a lot, she's my second favourite in Miss A and one of my favourite female idols in kpop. Except that this is a story, so not all characters are angel-sweet and it just so happens that she's one of the y ones. So, just my apologies to the Suzy fans out there; I'm pretty sure her real personality isn't like this at all, but well, this is a story.

Jinwoon's also a bit of an , but not a harmful like Suzy is right now. But it's pretty obvious Jiyeon's not all that interested in him; the part where she pulls her hand out of his is quite obvious, because she was perfectly all right with JB holding her hand at the start of the chapter. JJCouple ftw!

Myungsoo's finally back in the game. He obviously still loves Jiyeon, just that he's a prideful person who doesn't like admitting that he's wrong, and he doesn't want to face Jiyeon after he betrayed her. Still, he cares for her a lot, and they're finally going to confront each other in the next chapter. Anyone excited?

I'm just curious: what couples are the readers rooting for at this point, and who're your favourite characters? This won't influence the outcome of the story, it's just plain curiosity, but still please vote on the polls below!

These are the four main couples, if the readers are rooting for any other couples, just comment below please!

Likewise these are the four main characters. If the readers have other favourites like Jr or Jinwoon just comment below!

Thanks a lot, guys! And remember, comment and subscribe!