Chapter Thirteen

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

Myungsoo’s expression darkened at the sight of JB. He sat down with unnecessary force, glaring at JB as he said venomously, “Surely Jiyeon doesn’t need a guard dog to follow around all the time.”

JB shifted uncomfortably at his words, his eyes flickering to Jiyeon, but Jiyeon just shot Myungsoo a cold look, “If you’re going to be rude, then let’s not bother.”

“Wait, wait.” Myungsoo grabbed Jiyeon’s hand as she rose to leave. Jiyeon sat back down, but pulled her hand out of Myungsoo’s grasp immediately. Myungsoo’s face fell, but he didn’t comment on it. Instead, he gave JB a pointed look, “I want him to leave.”

“Well I want JB here, so deal with it.” Jiyeon responded rudely. JB coughed, a little awkwardly, and leaned over to whisper in her ear, “Maybe we should listen to him.”

Jiyeon turned to stare at him accusingly, “You promised!”

“It’ll be easier for you two to talk without me hovering around. If I stay you two won’t get everything out in the open. Look, I’ll sit over there, okay?” He pointed at the other end of the café, “Out of earshot, but I’ll be right there if you need me. Okay?”

Jiyeon hesitated. She knew that he was right, but she felt uncomfortable being alone with Myungsoo for the first time since…

“All right.” Reluctantly, Jiyeon let go of JB’s arm. JB patted her hand assuringly, gave Myungsoo a nod, and headed over to the table at the other end of the café. Myungsoo waited till he was seated before beginning to speak, “Jiyeon, I just want to say I’m sorry, all right? I’m sorry about what I did, about ignoring you and treating you so badly back then, about not explaining things properly afterwards, and most of all about…about that business with Suzy.”

“Business. Is that the way you describe it? You were ing her behind my back, Kim Myungsoo. And you couldn’t even be bothered to come back and talk to me about it after I found out. You think a simple sorry will suffice?” Jiyeon stared at him disbelievingly.

Myungsoo was silenced by her harsh tone for a moment. Then he leaned forward, “I know, Jiyeon. I know I was a and I know I really hurt you. I know I have no right, none at all to ask you to let me back into your life. All I’m asking is that you let me try, all right? Just…just give me a chance to make up to you. Please.”

Jiyeon hesitated for a moment, staring into Myungsoo’s pleading face. In spite of herself, she was moved by his pleas, almost wanting to forgive him. But JB…

Automatically, her head turned to look at the blonde-haired rookie.

JB’s arms was folded, his eyes staring into the distance as he waited for Jiyeon and Myungsoo. He seemed to notice Jiyeon’s gaze, as he turned his head and gave her a reassuring smile and a nod.

Myungsoo followed Jiyeon’s gaze, and his fists clenched at the sight, “So this is the way it is, is it?”

Jiyeon turned back to Myungsoo, “He helped me when you didn’t. He cared for me when you didn’t give a damn.”

Myungsoo’s expression turned chagrined, “I know. I know that, and that’s why I’m grateful to him. He took care of you when I couldn’t-”

“Couldn’t or wouldn’t?” Jiyeon interrupted, her eyes sharp, “You were ignoring me and treating me lousily a long time before that scandal came out, Kim Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo placed his head against his hand, “I know, Jiyeon. I…I’ve been messed up lately. I don’t even know why I…god, Jiyeon, please just give me another chance.” He grasped her hands in his tightly, almost begging as he spoke, “Please, please give me another chance!”

Jiyeon paused, staring down at Myungsoo. And she pulled her hand away, “I won’t believe your words anymore, Kim Myungsoo. Only actions. JB taught me that.” Without waiting to listen any further, she rose and walked to where JB waited.

JB glanced up at Jiyeon; his eyes flickering briefly to Myungsoo, “Are you guys done?”

“Yes. Let’s go.” Jiyeon replied shortly.

JB hesitated, glancing over to Myungsoo again. The older man had buried his head in his hands, looking absolutely miserable, “He-”

“Let’s go.” Jiyeon interrupted, pulling JB along.

Myungsoo looked up as the duo left the café. His fists clenched, biting his lips angrily. His phone began to ring; he glanced at it and picked up, his voice hoarse as he demanded, “What do you want, Woohyun?”

Woohyun’s voice sounded surprised, “Dude, just chill, all right? I just called to ask how it went!”

Myungsoo hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB sighed as he sat down on his seat, rubbing his temples tiredly.

Jr hopped over to his hyung, “Hey! Why’re you so tired? Shouldn’t you be full of energy, since you just went out with Jiyeon-noona?”

JB swatted the younger man on the head, and Jr yelped as he ducked away. The younger man pouted, “Why’re you in a bad mood? Why must you always take it out on me?”

JB rolled his eyes. Then his expression became serious as he turned to his bandmate, “Should I have made her stay and talk to him a while longer?”

Jr plopped himself down besides JB and shot him an incredulous look, “Are you kidding me? Why would you want Jiyeon-noona to talk to that jackass a while longer? That’s just crazy. What if she, I don’t know, suddenly decides to go out with him again?”

“That’s her choice to make.” JB replied, but his face fell slightly. Jr rolled his eyes, “Hyung, that’s stupid. Why would you send the girl you like to the arms of your rival? You should be fighting for her heart!”

“Since when did I say I like her?” JB responded. Then he yelped, jumping, as Jr whacked him on the back of the head. He glared at the maknae, “Yah! That’s rude! How can you hit your leader and senior on the head?”

“Loosen up, hyung, and have a little more common sense, all right? Denial’s not healthy.” Jr responded, pushing off the sofa.

There was a pause as the maknae strode back to his room. Then JB rose his voice, “She would be better off with Myungsoo.”

Jr spun around, staring at him in disbelief, “The bastard cheated on her, hyung. Why would she be better off with a cheating bastard?”

“He can take better care of her.” JB replied, but his words were uncertain, as if trying to convince himself.

Jr didn’t bother to respond. Instead, he entered his room, slamming the door behind him.

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang. JB looked up, startled. Hurriedly, he went to answer the door.

As he faced the person in the doorway, his expression changed abruptly, becoming unnaturally cold, almost cruel, “What are you doing here?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suzy and Jiyeon glared at each other, both of them furious. Suzy spoke first, “Why are you here?”

Jiyeon retorted, “I can ask you the same thing! What are you doing here at JB-oppa’s house?”

“None of your business.” Suzy turned away, about to go up the lift, when Jiyeon grabbed her arm, twisting her around, “Sorry, but I don’t think JB-oppa would appreciate your presence, especially if he didn’t invite you.”

“How do you know he didn’t invite me?” Suzy demanded. Jiyeon just smirked, “He would tell me if he did.”

Suzy’s eyes narrowed into slits, “Did he invite you?”

Jiyeon’s smirked widened, “I don’t need an invitation.” She stepped into the lift, jabbing the floor to JJ Project’s apartment. Suzy just entered in time; she folded her arms and stared down at the floor, the two of them silent as they waited, the tension palpable.

Moments later, the lift doors opened and they stepped out; Jiyeon stopped abruptly, her eyes wide.

A elderly, stooped lady stood outside JJ Project’s door, her expression forlorn. Her hand knocked steadily on the door, a steady rhythm. Jiyeon stared. In spite of herself, she whispered to Suzy, “Who’s she?”

Suzy was whispering too, “I have no idea.”

The door swung open, and Jiyeon was startled to see the furious, hate-filled face of JB appear at the doorway.

“Will you just leave me alone?!”

His voice rang out through the building, and Jiyeon was almost certain that everyone in the block had heard it.

The elderly woman’s voice was weak, pleading as she spoke, “Jaebum-ah, you just have to hear me out for-”

“I don’t have to do anything.” He responded scathingly. He pointed at the lift, “Get out. I never want to see you again.”

The woman’s arms lifted, clinging onto JB. For a moment, a crazy thought passed through Jiyeon’s mind, as she wondered if this older woman was, like, JB’s older ex-girlfriend for a moment.

JB seemed to lose his patience. He grabbed the woman’s handbag, which was hanging from her shoulder, wrenching it roughly from her, “You won’t leave? Fine, then I’ll just have to throw you out.”

He took two strides towards the elevators, then stopped abruptly, her eyes falling on Jiyeon and Suzy. He stiffened.

Awkwardly, Jiyeon raised a hand in greeting, “Hi, JB…who’s the lady?”

There was a long, tense pause. JB’s head turned slightly towards the moment, and hate filled his eyes, something Jiyeon had never seen in his face before. He sneered.

“This is my mother.” 

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Here's the next update!

Myungsoo's still not getting off that easily. How many of you think Jiyeon should take him back? 

On the other hand, JB and Jiyeon are slowly starting to recognise their feelings for each other. And JB's mum is here! But JB hates her :( Can anyone guess the family drama behind their story? 

I'll try to update ASAP, I'm already starting on the next chapter and it should be done in a few days. 

And remember guys, comment and subscribe!