I Want You Back

Bad Oppa

The game started. My grip on the fence tightened. This game isn’t scheduled. There’re only four members in each group. Why didn’t Sehun tell me about this?

 

“Look, Miyoung is there. I heard this game is for her. They bet that if that Sehun guy wins, Chanyeol won’t see her again. I’m not sure though. But that was what I’ve heard.” The girl on my side said to her friend. It was a whisper, but loud enough. I looked at them. When they saw me looking at them, they walked far from me. This game is for me? A bet? Are they really thinking I’m just a game? My jaw became fixed. Chanyeol was dribbling the ball and took a shot. I flinched slightly. I didn’t know why but I wanted Sehun to win. Sehun got the ball and threw a three point shot. I was denying myself that I felt a bit sad for Chanyeol for that. I was denying that I still love him. I didn’t want to say it again. All I felt was bitterness. In the last minute, my nervousness grew as the scores tied. Luhan got the ball and passed it to Sehun. Chanyeol guarded him and in a swift motion, he has stolen the ball from him. I looked at the time remaining, 20 seconds. Chanyeol ran towards their ring. He looked at me. I gulped and looked on the other direction. But then he threw the ball. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, goal. 0. Chanyeol won the game. Cahnyeol won me back.

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

 

Before Sehun left me last night, he told me that he wants a match. A ball game. If I win, I could win her back to me. But if he wins, he’ll never let me see her again. I should win. I must win. This is my time to prove that I love her. That I’m determined to be her boyfriend again. After a few minutes of waiting in the gym, Sehun and his friends arrived. In preparations, I realized students slowly filling in the gym. I got embarrassed a little. This should be a secret game. Before the game starts, I noticed a girl standing on the side of the court.it was Miyoung. But she was looking at someone else. At her bestfriend. I looked down. I must play good. Then the game started. Kris got the rebound and passed it to me, dribbled it and made a lay-up. Then Sehun made a three point shot. The game continued. Sehun and I have the same reason to win the game. I became more furious. Our scores tied when Sehun and Lay shot three points twice. Last minute. Kai was dribbling the ball but Luhan got it and passed it to Sehun. I quickly guarded him and strengthen my defense. I found a good move to steal the ball, I glanced at Miyoung. She looked away. In the championship game, my girlfriend cheered and shouted for me. But in this game, she didn’t cheer nor looked directly on me. But I should hit this goal. I threw the ball. Then I heard a long buzz. The game ended. And I won. I looked at Miyoung again but she was already walking out of the gym. Sehun approached me.

 

“You won. I’ll let you talk to her. But that doesn’t mean I’ll lose my faith on her.” He said, I nodded. This is the real game. May the best man wins.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Miyoung’s POV

 

I walked my way out of the gym. I don’t want to see Chanyeol.

 

“Miyoung!” a familiar voice called out. I turned and saw Sehun. I wasn’t sure if I’m pissed off with him.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about that game?! Sehun-ah, you don’t know how it feels to be just a game.” My voice became weak on my last sentence.

 

“No, no. you’re not just a game. We did that with a purpose.” He said.

 

“Purpose? What purpose?”

 

“That if I win the game, I’ll be the one taking care of you. But I lost. That doesn’t mean I’ll stop doing that. miyoung, I love you. I love you since we’re kids.” He confessed. I was shocked. I didn’t expect this.

 

“Sehun….” Why do things need to be like this?

 

“Miyoung, I’m not going on a speed. I can wait.”

 

“Sehun, please. I’m contented to be your bestfriend.” I finally said. He suddenly became sad. I hugged him.

“You’ll still be my bestfriend.” Then I felt his hands on my back.

 

He left because he wanted to be alone. I denied my bestfriend’s feelings for me. But I couldn’t force myself to someone I don’t love. I love him as my bestfriend, and I don’t want to hurt him even more. My problem was getting bigger. Back then, when I got problems, Sehun would comfort me and everything would be light and fine. But, Sehun is far away from me now.

 

“You’re crying again?” Minah sat beside me on the bench. I wiped my tears. “Stop crying and come with me.” She held my wrist and made me stand up.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked.

 

“To where you’ll forget your problems.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

 

When I got home, I took a shower. And the thought of everything that happened yesterday and today went in. I still haven’t talked to her. I need to make a move. As soon as possible. I was drying my wet hair when my phone rung. It was Sehun.

 

“Chanyeol, go to the Sweet Club now. Miyoung is there.” He said.

 

“Sweet Club? What is she doing there?” I asked. What is she doing in a club?!

 

“Her friend brought her there. Chanyeol, you’re the right one to stop her.”

 

“What do you mean? Why are you telling this to me?” I’m getting curious.

 

“She dumped me. I confessed a while ago. I don’t want to force her. But I’m still her bestfriend. I’ll be watching over you. So now, I want you to get Miyoung out that club.” We chuckled and hung up. I wore my shirt and my jacket on and ran outside. My mind popped some scenes. That Miyoung is dancing with some boys right now. Those boys are erts. And they’ll ask Miyoung to…. Aish Chanyeol, she won’t do it. When I reached the club, I walked inside. There’re so many people partying. It was difficult for me to pass a lot of dancing people. Then I saw a girl on the bar side, talking with two boys. I ran to her pace.

 

“Can we go out some other night?” one of the boys said.

 

“Sorry man, she’s taken.” I spoke up and put my arm around her shoulder. Then the two boys walked off.

 

“Yah!” she exclaimed. She’s drunk. Aiiiisssh. I dragged her out of the club. She was shouting all the way out.

 

“Next time I’ll put a tag on you saying you’re mine.” I told her when we fully went out of the party place.

 

“Who said I’m yours? Tss.” She walked unsteadily. I realized she’s wearing a tight dress and high heels. She took off her heels and continued to stagger. I followed her and held arm.

 

“You’re drunk. Let me walk you home.” She slapped my hand.

 

“I’m not drunk, excuse me.” She said, and lost her balance. Good thing I caught her fast.

 

“Aiiish, if you’re not drunk, why are like this?” I took my jacket off and tied it up to her waist to cover her legs. I grabbed her heels and piggybacked her. “Don’t be a naughty girl, Miyoung. Go back to normal. You’re most beautiful when you’re simple.”