Do You Really Like Me?

Bad Oppa

 

Miyoung’s POV

 

When I reached home, my Eunkyo unnie ran towards me. She looked very concerned. Our parents died when I was 12 because of a car accident. So, unnie worked hard since then. We had no relatives in our place that’s why she doubles her time for her works. Even if I insisted I want to work too to help her, she kept on saying that I have to focus on my studies first. I just can’t disobey her. When I told her I already have a boyfriend, she got surprised. She even told me to stop dating him. But when she saw Chanyeol, she quickly changed her mind, telling me I got a gorgeous boyfriend. Well, sure thing I got a gorgeous boyfriend, but a cold one too. In our first days, I thought he’s just not used in dating. But until now that a month had passed, he didn’t change. I remembered when we’re still not together. He was friendly, caring and sweet. But now, he wouldn’t talk to me if it’s not because of Baekhyun. Chanyeol would always say he’s busy playing basketball or computer games or he’s doing things inclined to family matters. Being a girlfriend, I’ll respect what he wants.

 

 

“You cried? What happened?” unnie asked. How did she know?

 

“Do you have a psychic mind? How did you know?” I told her. I sobbed.

 

“Pabo. How did I know? Your eyes are red, your face is damped, you’re sobbing. And yet you’re asking me how did I know? Aigoo. What happened?” unnie knows me very well. Infront of her, I’m just a baby.

 

“He’s being cold, unnie. He didn’t even drop me here.” I said between sobs.

 

“Aiish, all men nowadays. Break up with him now.” She coldly said. I looked at her. My face became horrible. “You can’t, right? If you can’t stand his attitude already, go with the break up. I experienced to be a teenager, Miyoung.” She patted my head and went to the kitchen. “I’ll prepare your food.” Her voice was still clear even from the kitchen.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I woke up because of the alarm. When I got up from my bed, I saw a note on the bed side table. It was from Eunkyo unnie.

 

“Do good in your rehearsals, okay? Don’t stress yourself too much.” – Unnie

 

 

I found myself smiling at her note. Unnie knew how to start my day. From what happened yesterday, I expected a call or a message from Chanyeol. But when I checked my phone, I received no call or text from him. I also expected this. I bit my lip and cheered myself. I went to the kitchen and ate the breakfast which unnie prepared for me. Then I took a bath and fixed myself. I locked the apartment and went to the music studio. When our parents were still alive, they used to enroll me to piano lessons. There I learned to play music pieces. To use that knowledge, I thought of joining a piano competition. If I win, I’ll give the money to unnie to add in our earnings. I practiced the piece that I’ll play in the competition. I’m growing too nervous. The competition is in two days. I should do my best. But I’m being distracted. I want Chanyeol to watch me perform. But I guess, I have to plead for him.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

The next day, I found it awkward to go close to him. So I distanced myself for the mean time. Sometimes I would travel my eyes around the room but the only one I wished to see was Chanyeol. I would see him with his earphones on. Like there’s nothing happened the other day ago.

 

Aigoo Miyoung. You’re the only one affected here. Cheer up Miyoung. In the canteen, I sat alone while eating. My friends started to stay away from me since I became Chanyeol’s girlfriend. They told me I don’t deserve him. In these happenings, I only miss one person, my bestfriend. I noticed my ex-friends walking towards my table. I decided to focus on my food. But they already stood infront of me.

 

“So, how’s the heartthrob’s girlfriend?” one of them asked. I didn’t like her tone. It wasn’t a question. It’s more like of a mock. I was about to answer her when someone did the work.

 

“Hey! What the are you telling her? Go away and I don’t like to see your faces again.” Baekhyun yelled. The girls left without hesitation. They seemed scared. I bowed at Baekhyun. “You didn’t tell us they’re eyeing you.”

 

“There’s no need to tell you guys.” I told him. He sat across me.

 

“How’s the date? You didn’t have fun, right?” he changed the topic.

 

“N-no, it’s fun.” I waved my hand to show I disagreed. He chuckled. What’s funny?

 

“Miyoung-ah, you’re such a kind girl. Talk to him now. Melt his heart. Make him fall for you even more, okay? Fighting!” he said and stood up. Wait, I don’t understand what he’d said. Then I saw Kris and Kai dragging Chanyeol to my table. They made him sit on the other side of the table. Then the three left. We’re facing each other. I avoided his stare. But I thought of saying hi to him to be friendly.

 

“Hi.” I smiled. Would he say hi to me too?

 

“H-hi.” He said. I he did it.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m nearly finished eating. You don’t have to talk to me if you don’t want.” I said awkwardly. We’re back in awkward times.

 

“No, go on with your food. I just want to say sorry, about what happened on our date.” He told me. Oh my God. Did he just apologize? His sorry was like a magic word to me. All of my hard feelings was gone. My heart is happy right now.

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

 

Awkward. We’re awkward here. Lunch time, Kris and Kai held me on my arms and dragged me to the canteen. There I found Miyoung with Baekhyun. Aiiiiissh, he’s really determined to make me fall for her. He got a very hard task. She’s not my type. Well, actually, I still don’t know my type. They forced me to sit across her. She became nervous and pale. I felt it.

 

“Hi.” She said and smiled. In everything wrong I did to her on our date, she still managed to greet and smiled at me? Does she know how to be angry? This girl is very gentle.

 

“H-hi.” I greeted back. Amazing girl.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m nearly finished eating. You don’t have to talk to me if you don’t want.” She said awkwardly. She said it plainly but it was so directly to me.

 

“No, go on with your food. I just want to say sorry, about what happened on our date.” I apologized. At last. She would kill me in guilt. But I thought of the time when I have to break up with her. I would hurt her more with that. at least, I wouldn’t tell her it was just a dare. That’s way better.

 

“It’s okay.” She smiled. This time, it’s a bearable smile. I smiled at her too. “Chanyeol oppa, can I ask you a favor?” she asked. Now, she’s back to herself.

 

“What?” I answered. That’s also a question. I usually don’t do favors for others.

 

“Can you watch me perform in a piano competition tomorrow night?” oh. So, she’s good in playing it. But I remembered I have a basketball training that same time because the championship is in two days. Plus, I don’t engage myself on that kind of event.

 

“Oh, I have a training that time.” I guessed she became sad again. “But, I’ll try.” Did I really say that?

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

There will be an additional character on the next chapter!