How Dare You?

How Dare You?

 

“Eh? That’s.......” He frowned and peeped at the side of the wall.

 

“Noona, I don’t drink” He saw Ren pushing back a glass of soju to another girl. The girl was persistent and pushed it back to Ren.

 

“Yah. Just this once” The girl said and raised her own glass.

 

“Why is he here?” Baekho whispered feeling pissed off. What the is happening? He went to this club because he freaking wants to forget this blonde and now that freaking blonde is in front of him. What the hell is wrong with this world?

 

“For the success of Venus cafe. Cheers!” Nana made a toast and Ren had no choice but to drink up the whole glass in oneshot just like everyone else.

 

“Venus cafe? Isn’t that the cafe in front of the school? He works there?” He whispered and stared at Ren. He hurriedly went back to their seat and saw that Minhyun’s already gone.

 

“Where’s Minhyun?” Baekho asked and sat down again as he turned to look at Ren who can be seen clearly from his seat.

 

“He said he still has to do something. Aish.. That guy’s always a goody-goody one” Aron said and drank up another glass.

 

Half an hour had already passed without Baekho doing anything but stare at Ren drink his head off. Baekho already stopped drinking after finishing his third bottle.

 

“What the hell are you doing, Choi Minki? You said you don’t drink yet you accepted all the drinks that they gave you?” Baekho thought as he eyed Ren. Ren’s co-workers were passing him drinks non-stop for the whole thirty minutes and Ren can’t even do anything but just drink and drink all of it.

 

Baekho saw the whole group stand up from their seats and walked out of the club. He stared at Ren who is walking drunkenly while being held at the shoulders by the girl who gave him drinks awhile ago.

 

He suddenly panicked. He hurriedly wore the hat from his bag and shoved the bag in his shoulders. He glanced at Jr for a few seconds and bid his goodbye.

 

“I’m going. Something came up. Bye” He quickly left and ran out of the club.

 

“Eh? Baekho! Yah!” Jr shouted but was ignored as Baekho quickly ran out.

 

“Aish! What am I going to do now?” Jr leaned to the table, putting his arm in his cheek and sighed. He looked at Aron who is already drunk with his face slumped on the table.

 

........................

 

 

“Noona, I’m okay. I’m okay” Ren giggled and tried to steady himself while standing. The other employees already left since it’s already late. Some of them are students, the same as him, so they had to go home early or else their parents would be angry.

 

“Okay? You’ve gotta be kidding me! Look at you! You can’t even stand straight! I’ll take you home okay?”

 

“Noona, I’m really okay. I can go home by myself. Don’t worry. I’m not that drunk”

 

“But.....” Nana tried to convince Ren to let her take him home but Ren was very persistent in going home by himself. How can he possibly go home in that state? Ren’s face was very red and a little swollen already and his body cannot steady itself anymore.

 

“Aish! I’m okay”

 

“Are you sure? You sure you can go home by yourself?”

 

Ren nodded his head and smiled cheekily. 

 

“Then I’m going already. Be safe on the way, okay? See you tomorrow!” Nana said her goodbyes and walked off on the other side of the road while still stealing glances on Ren. Ren waited for her to disappear before walking his way.

 

“I’m okay. I’m okay. Heh” Ren laughed and walked --- more like swayed --- on the street as he gripped his coat tighter as the cold breeze touched his skin.

 

“What is wrong with this guy? He thinks he can get home safe when he’s already drunk like that?” Baekho whispered while hiding behind the big tree outside of the club. He heard the whole conversation between that Noona and Ren.

 

“Who’s that Noona by the way?” He glared at Nana who already disappeared at the corner.

 

He saw Ren started walking off. Baekho lowered his cap and looked from side to side as he followed Ren, leaving a meter distance between him and Ren.

 

Ren glanced at the people walking by and suddenly remembered his other employees. Their parents would be angry if they go home late.

 

“At least they have parents who are waiting for them” Ren thought.

 

Ren looked up while walking and saw how the stars brightly lit the preponderant darkness of the night. The stars looked like diamonds being scattered in a black piece of cloth. He displayed a dolorous smile in his lips and felt his eyes water slowly.

 

“Umma, Appa, don’t worry. I’m living very happily now. I may be all by myself but I know you were always there guiding me.  I may not see you but I know you’re there. I love you, Umma. I love you, Appa. I miss you. I really miss you” Ren bowed his head in despair as tears slowly glided in his flushed rosy cheeks. He misses his parents more than before now. He suddenly thought of going home without even anyone to welcome him or even say a simple “oh. You’re here”. How he misses the times when his parents will play hide and seek with him when he was still child.... but that drastic car accident changed it all. It changed everything. It took everything away from him --- his parents, his life, his complete happiness.

 

 Ren wiped his tears away and continued walking. He was about to turn in the corner when he his feet caught the side of the trash can. He almost tripped but luckily got his composure back as he held the wall for support.

 

“Ohh!” Baekho was about to run to Ren as he saw him almost trip on the side of the road. “Aish. Jin-jja” He rubbed the back of his head as he stared at Ren who is massaging the side of his feet.

 

They were already walking for 5 minutes but Ren can’t even steady himself. Baekho followed him at the back keeping a good distance away from him. He can’t blow his cover. He’ll be too ashamed to let anyone know that Kang Baekho is following someone. More like if he’s following a drunk person on the street --- just impossible.

 

“Be happy Choi Minki. Your parents won’t be happy to see you sad” Ren shouted. He heard a slight rustling sound in his back that made him stop his tracks.

 

“Why do I feel like someone’s been following me?” He thought. He gripped his bag tighter and turned his head to the back but saw no one.

 

“Maybe it’s just me” He shrugged his shoulders and continues walking.

 

“Wah! That’s close” Baekho whispered as he hid behind the telephone pole at the corner.

 

“Teojyeo naoneun Jakpot... Nuga mwora geon so what... Ige neowa naui chaira-----“ Ren started singing to forget the sound of his fast beating heart. The street was illuminated by a number of light posts on the side. He continued busying himself with singing but didn’t notice the rock lying on the side. “Ahhh!” He shut his eyes waiting to fall but instead felt a strong and firm arm circling his waist --- catching him just in time before he falls.

 

Ren was shocked. He suddenly opened his eyes and saw a guy wearing a blue hat.

 

“Yah! Are you crazy!” He heard the guy shout. Ren slowly stood up as the guy still held his waist to support him. He blinked his eyes as he found himself in an awkward position with the guy still holding his waist and their bodies totally clumped with each other. He slightly pushed the guy off and looked at him. He squinted and frowned as he stared at the guy intently. His eyes are already on the verge of closing but he tried his best to get a better view of the guy in front of him.

 

“Eh? I know this guy! He’s.......”Ren thought and widened his eyes.

 

“You!!!” Ren shouted and pointed at the guy.

 

Baekho was suddenly taken back when Ren pointed his finger at him. “Did he recognize me?” Baekho thought. He lowered the cap more to hide his face and took a step back.

 

 

.....................

 

 

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Wake up!” Jr shook Aron whose face is already slumped on the table, sleeping.

 

“ARON!” Jr shouted angrily and roughly shook Aron’s body.

 

Aron’s eyes slowly opened as he tried to comprehend his surroundings. He blinked several times and slowly sat up.

 

“Where are we? Baekho?” He asked as he rubbed his sleepy eyes.

 

“We’re still in the club! And do I freaking look like Kang Baekho, huh Aron?” Jr shouted angrier and pushed Aron on the couch.

 

“Eh? Jonghyun? Where’s Baekho?”

 

“Baekho! Baekho! Baekho! He freaking left already!” Jr stood up and stomped out of the club. He looked back at Aron who is drunkenly struggling to walk out and catch up with him. Jr sighed and walked back to Aron.

 

“Here. Grab my shoulder” Jr raised Aron’s right hand and placed it on his shoulder as he circled his other hand on Aron’s waist. They slowly walked out of the club and hailed a taxi.

 

“XXXXXX please” Jr instructed the driver to go to Aron’s house. He looked back at Aron who is fast asleep on his shoulder. Their families were very close already even when they were still toddlers. He had known Aron ever since.... he doesn’t even remember when anymore. They were the best of friends but he felt Aron slowly slipping away from him during the middle of their freshmen year in middle school. It makes him sad that Aron doesn’t go out with him oftentimes now than before. They also often walk to school together but it already stopped now because Aron always makes an excuse that his mom woke him up late or that he still has to do something before going to school.

 

“We’re here” The driver interrupted Jr as he stopped in front of the brightly lit dirty-white-painted house. Jr said his thanks and paid the driver. He hurriedly woke up Aron and assisted him as they got out of the taxi. He opened the gate and proceeded to the front door.

 

“Hyung, stay here for a sec” Jr flopped Aron’s back on the wall and rang the bell.

 

“Who’s this?” the maid asked in the speakers.

 

“This is Jonghyun, Ahjumma. Aron hyung’s with me”

 

“Oh Jonghyun-ah. Wait, i’ll be there. I’ll just finish washing the dishes first”

 

“Neh”

 

Jr went back to Aron who is already sitting on the cold, hard floor. “Hyung, don’t sit there. It’s cold” Jr gripped Aron’s arm and was about to raise him up to stand when Aron looked up in Jr’s eyes. He held Jr’s hand and dragged him down as he wrapped his arms around Jr.

 

“H-hyung, wae?” Jr was suddenly dumbfounded and stunned to feel Aron’s arms envelop around his body.

 

“Aniya. Aniya (nothing)......Can’t you hug me too Jonghyun-ah?”

 

Jr hesitantly draped his arms around Aron as he tried to grasp the situation. He felt Aron tightening his hug and snuggling his face in Jr’s neck.  Jr quivered upon the feel of Aron’s breath on his very neck. An eerie silence overwhelmed them as they just hugged outside the house.

 

“I wish the time can just stop right here, right now” Aron thought as he tightened his hug.

 

“H-hyung. I c-can’t breathe” Jr tried to pry Aron’s arms away but failed to do so since Aron’s much stronger than him.

 

“Jonghyun-ah, I lo....” Jr felt his heart throbbing heavily as he waited for what Aron was about to say. He frowned when Aron suddenly stopped and felt Aron releasing him from his hold. He detached his arms around Aron and looked at Aron whose eyes are already closed.

 

“Hyung! Hyung!” Jr shook Aron but Aron didn’t even budge.

 

The door then opened as the maid got out. The maid saw Jr and Aron on the side of the door beside the wall and rushed to them.

 

“What happened?” the maid asked as both him and Jr carried Aron to his bedroom. They flopped him down slowly on the bed.

 

“He got drunk, Ahjumma” Jr explained. The maid went to the corner and flipped the light on.

 

“Aish. This kid” the maid hissed as he looked at Aron who’s already sound asleep in his bed. 

 

“Ahjumma, I’m leaving” Jr bowed and was about to go out of the bedroom when the maid stopped him.

 

“Just sleep here, Jonghyun-ah. It’s already late. It’s dangerous to go home especially when you’re alone” the 34-year old maid smiled.

 

“But Aunt and Uncle.....”

 

“Mr. And Mrs. Kwak are out on a business trip.... and if they were here I’m sure they’ll also let you sleep here instead. Don’t worry. I’ll call your parents and say that you’re sleeping here tonight”

 

“O-Okay. Thanks Ahjumma”

 

“I’ll prepare your bedroom” the maid left Aron’s bedroom and closed the door.

 

Jr strolled to Aron’s side and covered him with the blanket.

 

“I wonder what he’s about to say a while ago”Jr thought as he looked at Aron.

 

“Jonghyun, the room’s ready” the maid shouted from outside the bedroom.

 

“Neh,Ahjumma. I’m coming....” Jr looked at Aron for the last time before going out of the bedroom and proceeding to the guest room at the corner. 

 

-------------------------

Weee!!! :D How's everyone? Sorry for the late update..... I'll be busy from now on but i'll still find time to update....

Excited to watch the next ep of MOAS.. hope they don't cut the baekren scenes.....