Chapter 5 part I

Start of a new life

 

Chapter 6

Monica’s POV

I was the second to be dropped off at my school. I waved at my nervous-looking unnie. Even though she’s older than me, I always take care of her. We’re best friends, more like sisters, ever since we were partnered together a few years ago. Then she met Robyne and the three of us became sisters. We helped each other through difficult times.

I went into my classroom and as usual, the whisperings started. It would sometimes be about me and my group. I could handle these quite well and ignore them but when they started talking about Lhina unnie and Robyne, I couldn’t help but glare at them.

~~~~skip classes

During lunch I always hid in the greenhouse. No one goes there and I like it. I texted Lhina unnie and Robyne to eat their lunch, it was a habit that I got from Lhina unnie herself. She would buy us snacks even though we didn’t tell her too. I and Robyne are so spoiled by her.

I heard the door open and I didn’t need to look up to see who it was. I already know who that person is.

“Monica shii are you here?” his voice asked.

“Neh oppa” I waved at him.

Jonghyun oppa appeared with a pink lunch box in his hand.

“I got Key’s lunch box” he chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck.

I giggled. Last time he got Taemin oppa’s and the day before that was Minho oppa’s.

“You should put labels on your lunch boxes oppa”

“I’ll tell Key about that” hehehe he’s afraid of his dongsaeng…I sighed. I wonder how Lhina unnie is doing.

“What are you so worried about?” he sat next to me.

“Today is unnie’s first day of school”

“Where does she go?”

“Chungdam high school” he laughed…

“That’s where Taemin goes”…Oh. My. God. O-O unnie good luck with sunbae~

“Oppa…how are you doing?” his face became sad and he stared at a flower.

“I’m okay…almost. You know I liked her”

“How can you be okay if you still think about her?”

“I’m trying” he chuckled. Okay he’s feeling sad then go to happy…that’s normal right?

It was like this everyday. We would eat lunch together since his music school is connected to my school. Then I would go back to my classroom all happy and everything. When I get out of school I’ll be gloomy because of my classmates. I hate to say it but they are such bitter es. Then I would wait for the van and listen to Robyne talking about nonsense. But today onwards, Lhina unnie will be with us.

~~~Lhina’s POV

The driver ajeossi dropped me off at the front gates of my new school.

“Good luck Lhina shii” the driver told me when I opened the door. Robyne and Monica were already dropped off before me. They already started school earlier than me because I was still learning how to speak Korean. I got off the van and paused before closing the door.

“Kamsahamnida~” I said then the driver ajeossi took off. Uhh…so where do I go now? …I should have had listened to manager-umma T-T.

I looked for a guard but the bastard was gone. Who the hell will help me now? A person tapped my shoulder and I quickly turned around.

“Anyeong…are you lost?” she said.

“Neh…I need…to…go to…office” I said. I was really embarrassed. I’m still trying to improve my language skills okay!

“Oh…office…I’m Arielle, Gu Arielle by the way” she said

“Ahh, Goi Lhina imnida” I said to her.

“OMG!! You’re Lhina from Hana!!! OMG~ I’m such a big fan of your group. I’m an admin in your fan club, 4ever” hehehe she knows us…I’m blushing.

“Arielle unnie…I can’t speak Korean that well” Robyne where are you?!?

“Mianhe…I’ll show you to the office now”

I followed after her. We entered the school and we were walking down the corridor when I stopped. I pulled out my glasses and put it on. It was one of those nerdy glasses that look cute. I was near sighted so I have to wear it since I lost my contacts.

She opened a door, I entered, and she said goodbye to me. But not before telling me about her…creepy…love for us.

“…I really like your aegyo Lhina shii-“, I shut the door on her face. Oops my hands slipped. I opened the door again and shouted an apology at her back and promised to see her sometime. I’m not mean like Robyne.

A strict-looking lady coughed behind me. I whirled around and greeted her politely.

“Anyeonghaseyo Goi Lhina imnida” her eyes grew big for a second but turned back to its original strict look. She cleared and typed on the keyboard.

“Ah Lhina shii…this will be your schedule and locker number. Your manager will inform us if you a special schedule.” She handed me my locker code, my schedule and a map of the school.

“Ah…ahjumma…what about the books?” I shyly asked.

“You can find them in your locker. Now hurry up to your homeroom class. Your late will be excused this time” she said, her voice becoming softer.

“Kamsahamnida” I left the office and tried to find my classroom

~~~skip getting lost

                KNOCK KNOCK

I peeked at the window. I could see the heads of my soon-to-be classmates. The teacher went and opened the door. Okay here goes nothing…deep breathe in….and out.

“Anyeong…umm…I’m Lhina and I’m in this class. I just transferred” I smile slightly at her. Yes! My teacher is a girl!

“Ahh right, come on in” she opened the door wider. I took a deep breathe and pushed my glasses higher up my nose. I stepped into my new classroom. The teacher asked me to introduce myself.

“A-anyeong…I’m Goi Lhina imnida. Please take care of m-me” I stuttered and I could feel my cheeks burn from my blush.  I played with my fingers as I hear my group’s name and my name being repeated over and over again.

“Lhina shii you can sit there…” she pointed to an empty table at the middle. Great. I walked to my seat and I could feel my classmates’ stares at my back. I sat down and smiled at the girl next to my table and she squealed. OMO! What did I do?

The teacher started talking but when I looked around, everyone was looking at me. Is there something wrong? Is my uniform inside-out? Please stop staring T-T.

“I heard she can’t speak Korean. How can you be the lead singer when you can’t even talk the language?” a girl whispered behind me.

“I know right? There are a lot of girls out there that is so much better than her. Like us for example” another one said.

The door opened and a boy with puffy brown hair walked in.

“Mianhe seongsaeng-nim” he said. I know that voice! But it’s kinda weird, hearing it when he is not shouting at me. The atmosphere suddenly changed when he came in. The girls sat up straighter and started giggling. The boys groaned and slouched further into their chairs.

“Just sit down Taemin” he turned around and spotted me. His eyes changed for a second but became lifeless the next. Am I that disappointing?

“How come she gets to sit next to Taemin shii? She’s not even pretty.” The girl whispered again.

I tensed. Am I really that much of a failure? Monica said I was great…was she lying to me?

~~~lunch

I laid out the lunch box that Monica made for me. I took out my chopsticks and started to eat. My cell phone ringed from my pocket. Robyne and Monica sent me a text message.

Robyne- Have fun unnie! Call me if someone is harassing you ^-^

Monica- Eat your lunch unnie! Jonghyun oppa said hi and good luck XD

Yoseob oppa called me after a few minutes.

“Lhina shii, it’s your first day of school right? Or was it yesterday?”

“It’s today oppa” I laughed at him

“Ohh. Good luck! We have to go and record now~”

“Neh, oppa…arasso.”

I put my phone away and ate quietly. Yeah right-like for about 30 seconds only until a girl approached me.

“So you’re Lhina huh? I expected you to be…you know pretty. You don’t even look cute.” She tossed her hair back before looking down at me. I just shrugged at her. She’s not worth my anger and I know that I can’t yell at her.

“Why won’t you answer?”

“Maybe because she’s too dumb, I mean-like she can’t even speak our language.” A friend of hers said. They are just es. I know how to speak Korean but not that fluently besides I can make you, both of you, cry. Robyne taught me a few sentences. So I just ate my food.

“Can you even understand me?” she tested. Just finish your food Lhina, I said to myself.

“Yah!” she pushed me.

“Yah! , answer me!” she raised her hand to slap me but it never came.

“Sunbae!” I gasped. Taemin sunbae was holding the ’s hand glared at her.

“You don’t have the right to call her that. Her beauty is natural yours is plastic” he said harshly. He pushed her away from our table and sat down next to me. He pulled out a sandwich and started eating.

“K-kamsahamnida” I whispered but my voice broke at the end. I was still shocked that he would protect me.

“Just eat Lhina shii okay. Don’t worry about them.” He said. He wasn’t angry or sarcastic. There was a hint of caring and protectiveness there. I blushed and nodded at him.

Everything went well. He would stay by my side the whole day. He even agreed to ride in our van when I offered him. We dropped him off at KBS.

Taemin sunbae was really caring. When I apologized to him, he explained that he was just stressed at that time at the video game shop. Those didn’t approach me since they were afraid that their Taemin oppa will hate them. Maybe someday I could also call him oppa.

 

wohoo 2 chapters in one day hehehehe...bainshi-again-thank you!! comment and subscribe please!