7.

Fire and Flames

“Jongin-ah!”

“Neh, hyung?”

“It’s an emergency. Yixing’s room. Now.”

“Be right there.”

It didn’t even take two minutes for a white smoke to suddenly just come into sight and Jongin—who slid his phone inside his pocket walked up to Kris. “Yes, hyung?”

“Yixing’s gone—missing.”

Jongin’s eyes widened. “What?” He looked around in disbelief. “But he was just sleeping here..” Jongin trailed off before looking at Kris again.

“We’re not sure, but we think Chanyeol might have taken him.” Kris explained as Xiumin made calls to the others.

Jongin’s eyebrows furrowed slightly. “But Chanyeol hyung would never—“

“He’s being controlled,” Kris sighed and looked around for any sign that will lead them to where Chanyeol and Yixing might be. “Remember the place where you accidentally went to? When you tackled Chanyeol because he almost burned the house down?”

Jongin merely nodded.

“Do you think you could find a way to get us there?”

Jongin pursed his lips and shook his head slightly. “I-I don’t know, hyung. I don’t even know that place. I-it’s going to be hard.”

Kris crouched down and picked something up.

Jongin peered and saw that it was Yixing’s bracelet—the bracelet he almost never takes off.

Something inside Jongin stirred up. Yixing was indeed missing. But he still couldn’t believe that it was Chanyeol who took him because Chanyeol would never hurt Yixing. He could hurt anyone else—but not Yixing. Nobody could hurt Yixing.

Yixing was like someone so precious and fragile to everyone—including Chanyeol, which is why they would always protect him.

Kris’ forehead creased in frustration as he clutched the bracelet and stood up. “Any landmarks? Street names? Nothing?”

Jonging bit his lip and thought hard. He couldn’t really remember anything because the moment he noticed that he teleported to an unfamiliar place, the first thing he did was teleport back home.

Was there some kind of landmark, however?

He tried to recall, but can’t remember. If only he could bring back—“Zitao hyung!” Jongin exclaimed, surprising both Kris and Xiumin.

“What?”

“Maybe we could ask Zitao hyung to walk back into the past with me? That way I could find out where I accidentally teleported to last time.”

Kris’ eyes lightened up. “Okay,” He turned to Xiumin who nodded in acknowledgement.

Kris took a step forward to get out of the door but Jongin grabbed his arm and in an instant, they disappeared.


Yixing groaned.

“You’re awake?” Chanyeol asked and looked over his shoulder to check on Yixing. His eyelids were still closed and his lips were slightly parted.

Chanyeol was carrying the older on his back as marched forward. Yixing groaned again.

“Hyung,” Chanyeol called out. “Give me a few more minutes. We’re almost there.”

“W-where..?” Yixing grumbled. His eyelids opened half-way before closing again. He still didn’t have the strength. It was a good thing, though, that to take off his bracelet, he only needed to tug one string.

And he did.

He did as soon as he felt himself being lifted up. He didn’t have the strength to open his eyes but from the voice and the scent of the person—he knew it was Chanyeol.

He couldn’t fight Chanyeol, nor could he scream for help, so the only thing his dazed mind could think of was to drop a bracelet so that when the others find out that he’s missing, they will know that something’s wrong.

“Hyung, there’s someone who needs your help,” Chanyeol explained and stopped his tracks to lift Yixing better. He continued walking and Yixing exhaled sharply.

“W-who..?” Yixing, being a healer, found it imperative to help everything and anyone at all cost.

Luhan, however, warned him to only use his powers when needed because healing takes up a lot of energy from him.

And right now, his energy still isn’t back so how would he be able to heal a person?

“Just—“ Chanyeol sighed. “You’ll find out when we get there.”

Yixing opened his mouth to say something again but failed to when his senses seemed to have shut down.

He fell asleep again.


Luhan and Kris helped Zitao sit up.

“Are you sure you can do this?” Luhan asked, still worried. “Because if it really was Chanyeol who took Yixing, I’m sure that Yixing isn’t in danger.”

“In Chanyeol’s hands, probably,” Kris answered. “But the thing is, we’re not sure if Chanyeol really was the one who took him. And if it was indeed Chanyeol, where is he taking Yixing to?”

Zitao stood up. “I’m okay. Yixing hyung healed me, remember?” He smiled as he assured Luhan before walking towards Jongin. “Now it’s my turn to help him.”

Jongin nodded and reached out to hold Zitao’s already extended arm.