2.

Fire and Flames

"WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT?!" Chanyeol growled.

Chanyeol didn't want to hurt his other siblings -- especially the youngest. Besides, right now, challenging Sehun wouldn't be a good thing to do. Sehun loved the desert; this was where he had been practicing his whole life. It was were he felt the strongest.

"Hyung, let's stop this now," Sehun calmly said. "This isn't who you are."

"Ha," Chanyeol remarked as he stood up. "And I suppose you know who I am?"

Xiumin stood protectively in front of the youngest. "Chanyeol, this isn't about who's the strongest. We all need each other; we're one."

"Easy for you to say," Chanyeol retorted. "You're the only one who freeze things here. In fact, everyone here is doesn't have the same ability as the other." He continued, looking at everyone. "Except for two." He shot Kris a glare.

Yixing was helping Kris stand up, and this infuriated Chanyeol. Why is everyone helping him today? He thought.

He curled his fists before sending another ball of fire towards Kris' direction. Kris immediately pushed Yixing away and snapped his fingers--ashes began to fall in front of him.

Kris stood tall this time, staring directly into Chanyeol's eyes. Yixing was helped up by Baekhyun, checking if he's okay.

"Chanyeol, please.." Kris pleaded. "Stop this, right now."

Chanyeol inhaled deeply. Anger was slowly consuming him now--and there was only one way he could take down Kris. Chanyeol lifted his right hand and to the others' surprise, a huge flame shaped like a phoenix emerged from behind him.

"No way.." Luhan gasped.

"This can't be good." Jongin shook his head in disbelief.

Kris was taken aback. He wouldn't, would he? He thought. Chanyeol smirked at the sight infront of him.

The other jumped back in surprise as soon as they saw the huge phoenix charge towards Kris. They all widened their eyes. There's no way Kris would survive this.

"HYUNG, NO!!" Jongin shouted, almost ready to charge towards Chanyeol and transport him to another place, but he froze in his place when a huge flame--this time, shaped like a dragon emerged from behind Kris.

It was not intentional--Kris had not summoned this dragon. This dragon emerged on its own to do the one thing it knows its supposed to do--protect Kris.

The  phoenix and the dragon collided, causing a huge explosion. Luhan immediately created a wall from the sand to protect them--though it took him great effort to hold the thing together.

Luhan dropped the wall of sand, and that was when they noticed Chanyeol and Kris on the ground. Kris was unconscious, but Chanyeol managed to get up.

"He isn't stopping at anything, is he?" Luhan panted as he stared at Chanyeol.

"H-he's attacking again!" Yixing exclaimed.

They were all surprised when the ground shook, causing all of them to lose their balance and fall. The only person standing up was Kyungsoo. "CHANYEOL, STOP." He growled.

"WHY ARE YOU ALL PROTECTING HIM?!" Chanyeol shouted. "IS HE THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU? AMI NOT IMPORTANT TO YOU?! I'M YOUR BROTHER TOO!"

"Exactly!" Kyungsoo answered. "We're protecting the both of you."

"So this is how it is.." Chanyeol chuckled sarcastically. "I knew I would have to turn my back on all of you eventually. I just didn't know I had to do it.. sooner." He said.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened as soon as he saw the balls of fire towards their direction. Xiumin raised his hand and in a blink of an eye, the fireballs turned into ice, fell on the ground and melted away.

"Yixing, go and check on Kris." The eldest ordered. Yixing nodded and ran towards Kris, doing as told.

Xiumin did not want to fight with Chanyeol, but he couldn't just stand here watching his younger siblings get hurt. "NO!" Chanyeol growled, putting up a wall of fire surrouding Kris. Yixing stumbled back, not knowing what to do. 

Yixing felt like he was the weakest among the brothers, and couldn't understand why Chanyeol was like this. Chanyeol was in fact one of the most powerful, in his opinion. In a snap of a finger, he could produce a flame big and strong enough to burn an entire village. Yixing however, needed a great deal of energy to heal a single animal. 

Yixing did now know what to do. He could run in there, but he was not sure if he was able to heal himself. Luhan helped him up. "He'll be fine," The elder assured the younger one. Luhan looked at Jongin and nodded.

Jongin understood what he had to do. He snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Yixing nodded, but stood there reluctantly, watching his hyung -- or gege, as he calls him -- lie unconsciously, surrounded by the huge wall of fire Chanyeol created.

Chanyeol stood up. "Hyung, don't make me do this." He said as he dusted off the sand on his palm.

Xiumin stood his ground. "No, Chanyeol." He shook his head. "Don't make me do this." Xiumin felt something on his shoulder. He turned his head and saw Sehun. "Hyung, let me.." Sehun said.

"But Sehun--"

Sehun shook his head. "Hyung, the desert is my battlefield."

"We're not fighting Chanyeol," Xiumin explained. 

"I know hyung," Sehun said and stood infront of the eldest. "I know." 

Chanyeol did not waste any time and started attacking. Sehun did not move, but he managed to produce a gush of wind strong enough to put out the fire. He then created a tornado in front of him and Chanyeol. The dust made it impossible to Chanyeol and the others to see anything. Sehun however, did not need his eyes to move in this type of environment. He knew what to do--he knew it so well that in a swift movement of his hands, Chanyeol was already isolated by the tornado. 

"S-Sehun stop." Baekhyun clutched the younger one's shoulder. "Y-you might kill him." 

Sehun shook his head. "Aniyo. In fact.. He'll be able to bring that down in three.. two.." Sehun wasn't even able to open his mouth to say 'one' when the tornado was replaced by fire. It soon disappeared, revealing Chanyeol who was staring at Sehun.

Sehun stared back at Chanyeol. Chanyeol was fuming with anger -- literally. The ground where he stood right now was burning, and as soon as he noticed Jongin appearing behind Xiumin with Kris on his shoulders, anger consumed him.

"Sehun, I'm sorry." Chanyeol whispered before letting out the thing everyone dreaded the most -- the phoenix.

"YOU WOULDN'T." Xiumin said, shoving Sehun behind him protectively.

Chanyeol smirked. "Watch me."

 He pointed towards Xiumin and instantly, the phoenix flew towards them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

OTL I was laughing so hard while writing this. I felt so pathetic and I couldn't even come up with good terms. Mian~ :(