3.

Fire and Flames

A wall made of water suddenly appeared infront of Xiumin. The phoenix knew better than charging towards the wall so it disappeared, leaving Xiumin and the others unharmed. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Suho growled as he charged towards Chanyeol.

Chanyeol immediately made a flame appear infront of Suho. Suho simply put out the flame with water.

“This won’t do,” Chanyeol muttered. Even he knew that his fire was useless since Suho can put out the flame effortlessly. His eyes immediately lit up as he remembered something that he learned before. He lifted his right hand but the next thing he knew, he was on the ground, gasping for air.

Everyone’s eyes widened. They were surprised—Chanyeol was holding his neck and reaching outwards, inhaling as much as he could, like he was out of breath—and that’s when it hit everyone.

“Sehun!” Everyone exclaimed. Sehun was seen standing in one side, eyes focused on the man who was on the ground, struggling for breath.

“S-Sehun stop it!” Baekhyun shook him.

Air—a powerful element. Everyone knew how Sehun could create a tornado in a blink of an eye, or how he could make a strong gush of wind powerful enough to knock you off the ground, but there was one thing he also knew how to do—take the air out of someone’s body. He could leave you breathless and gasping for air if he wanted to, and that was exactly what he was doing to Chanyeol right now.

“Sehun stop!” Baekhyun shouted. “You’re going to kill him!”

Sehun sighed and looked away. Chanyeol immediately inhaled as if it was the last time he would be able to. He started coughing and panting, holding on to his chest.

“Yah, why’d you do that?” Baekhyun glared at Sehun. Sehun simply shrug. “If I didn’t, Suho hyung would be ashes by now.”

“W-what?” Baekhyun asked.

“He was going to burn Suho hyung,” Sehun answered. “I had to do something.”

Baekhyun sighed. “B-but—“

“HYUNG, MOVE!” Sehun pushed him aside and created a tornado in front of them.

Baekhyun groaned as he hit the ground. He wanted to stand up, but the heat and the sand flying everywhere made it impossible for him to move. “Heat—“ He exclaimed, he snapped his head up and squinted, trying not to get blinded by the sand. “Could Sehun and Chanyeol be..” He gasped. “NO!”

But Baekhyun was right. Chanyeol and Sehun were indeed fighting. Chanyeol knew what happened a while ago, and he also knew very well that only one person could be responsible for that.

“S-Sehun don’t fight with him! We’re not supposed to fight!” Baekhyun shouted as he lowered his head.

Sehun heard him, but didn’t listen. He couldn’t stand and watch Chanyeol hurt his brothers anymore. Chanyeol wanted to fight? Then Sehun will fight.

Chanyeol sighed impatiently as he stood there, eyes closed. He couldn’t do anything without being able to see, but Sehun was making this impossible for him. The only thing he could do now is throw fireballs into different directions.

Sehun swiftly isolated every fireball and wrapped it with wind until it disappears. Beads of sweat were now forming above his eyebrows. The heat produced by Chaneol’s flames were being isolated with the both of them.

Chanyeol shook his head. “I can’t use fire in here,” He whispered. He peered through his hands which were covering his eyes—looking for Sehun. The wind made it hard for him to move, but it wasn’t impossible. He walked, slowly but surely, until he saw the figure he was looking for. “Sehun,” He smirked.

He took a deep breath before charging towards the youngest. His eyes were closed, but he accurately measured the space between the two of them.

Sehun was caught off guard and was tackled into the ground without much effort. He fell with a loud grunt, his back hitting the ground first.

Slowly, the dust made by the wind started disappearing, and everything was starting to become visible.

Sehun let out a low growl as he tried to push Chanyeol off him. Chanyeol may not be the bulkiest out of the siblings, but the way he pinned Sehun below him—his knees pushing Sehun’s arms down, his forearm on Sehun’s chest—made it almost impossible for Sehun to move.

“What, you’re fighting back now?” Chanyeol chuckled.

“GET OFF ME.” Sehun hissed, still wiggling below Chanyeol but to no avail.

“No can do, kiddo,” Chanyeol answered. “I’m not stupid. I know what you’ll do if I let you go.”

Sehun tried to take away the air from Chanyeol’s body but it was hard for him to concentrate right now.

“Sehun!” Xiumin shouted as he ran towards them. Chanyeol growled and put up a wall made of fire around him and Sehun.

“Chanyeol let him go! What are you doing?!” Xiumin shouted from outside.

“Now, shall I take care of you first?” Chanyeol smirked as he stared at Sehun.

Sehun glared at him. “You’re an idiot,” he muttered.

“WHAT?” Chanyeol shouted, pushing his forearm harder against Sehun, making it hard for the younger one to breath.

“This is why people think Kris hyung is stonger than you,” Sehun said through clenched teeth. “This is why people like him better. Because he knows his responsibilities; he knows what he has to do. Unlike someone here.” Sehun finished, still glaring at Chanyeol.

That did it. Chanyeol was so furious at the moment that he was determined to finish Sehun off without even using his powers. Right now, he has no brothers. He’s alone. He had always been.

Chanyeol moved his forearm—from Sehun’s chest to his neck—to suffocate the younger one. Chanyeol smirked before pushing his forearm harder. “How does it feel to gasp for air, huh?” Chanyeol taunted as he watched Sehun gasp for air and struggle.

“GET OFF HIM.” These words surprised Chanyeol and Sehun. Someone suddenly gripped Chanyeol’s shoulder and pulled him off Sehun who began coughing.

Kris glared at Chanyeol before throwing a punch straight to Chanyeol’s left cheek, causing the younger one to fall back on the ground, groaning in pain.

Everyone stared in disbelief. Did Kris really just punch Chanyeol right now? The skies began to roar with thunder. “Jongdae?” Chanyeol chuckled. “Seriously, what can he do now?”

“This,” Chanyeol heard. He swiftly turned his head, only to find Jonghae—or Chen, as the others call him—crouched and smiling behind him. Chen held out his hand and put a finger on Chanyeol's cheek. "Sorry, Chanyeollie." Chen slightly frowned. Chanyeol was confused, not understanding what was happening.

It was until Chanyeol felt the sudden flow of strong electricity inside his body, when he finally understood everything. But it was too late—he couldn't move, and slowly, everything around him turned black.