1.

Fire and Flames

 

Kris walked slowly, approaching the direction of the balls of flames flying around. The phoenix had already disappeared, and so did the dragon. 

Kris stopped his tracks when he saw him -- Chanyeol. He was walking towards Kris, too. A black jacket on top of his black shirt, casual jeans and boots. He looked ordinary compared to Kris who was wearing a a white shirt under his black coat, paired with leather jeans.

Chanyeol smirked. He stopped throwing fire upon seeing his older brother. "Annyeonghaseyo, hyung." He greeted formally. Too formally.  He bowed down sarcastically, but Kris simply stared at him intently.

They were about teen feet away from each other. Good, Kris thought. It would not be hard to block his attacks. The sand from the desert might be a problem when there is wind, but Kris shrugged it off.

"Chanyeol, please." Kris spoke in his gentle voice. 

Chanyeol cringed. "Stop that." 

"We don't have to fight," 

"I SAID STOP!" Chanyeol shouted. Kris was surprised. Chanyeol never shouted at him before. Well at least not like this. "Stop trying to win me over with that good attitude of yours." Chanyeol scowled.

Kris sighed. "After not seeing each other for fifty years, this is how we greet each other?" 

Chanyeol smirked. "No," He said. "We greet each other like this." He said and threw a ball of fire towards Kris. Kris swiftly waved his hand and soon, the fire disappeared.

This irritated Chanyeol. "Dongsaeng, please, let's not do this." Kris pleaded.

Chanyeol refused to listen. He had to fight. He had to show others that he was not weak, that he was definitely not weaker than Kris. He raised his hand and made a fireball fall from the sky. Kris snapped his fingers and in an instant, only ashes fell onto him.

They were surprised with the sudden gush of wind  and in an instant -- the others were there.

"Yah!" Kris shouted towards Jongin. "Didn't I tell you to stay--"

Chanyeol took this opportunity to attach Kris once more. Kris waved his hand again, throwing the fire aside. 

"Hyung," Jongin called out. Chanyeol looked at him. Ahh, Jongin. His favorite dongsaeng. The dongsaeng he was closest to. Chanyeol felt bad that Jongin had to see all this, but he had to prove himself. So he looked away and attacked Kris again, this time by using the ground.

A huge trail of fire made its way towards Kris, but with another wave of his hand, the trail moved to his side.

Chanyeol was getting more and more frustrated. He threw and threw balls of fire towards Kris, but with a simple wave of his hand, the flames would disappear.

"WHY." One fire ball thrown. "WON'T." Two. "YOU." Three. "FIGHT." Four. "BACK?!" Five. Chanyeol growled before taking a step back -- he was already panting. 

The ten others watched, not knowing what to do. They knew very well that if they interfered, they might hurt either Kris or Chanyeol, or worse -- both. But they could not stand there watching both of their brothers fighting -- or to be more exact, while one attacks and the other blocks. 

"Hyung, let's stop this now." Jongin pleaded. Transporting beside Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol took a deep breath before shaking his head. "Jongin, stay out of this. Please." Chanyeol said before throwing two balls of flames with both his hands. Jongin immediately teleported beside Xiumin and watched nervously. 

This caught Kris offguard. He threw the first one upwards, causing it to burst in the sky, while the other one he dodged. He fell onto the ground.

"Just because you're older," Chanyeol growled and walked towards Kris. "Doesn't mean you're stronger!" He waved his hand and flames began to surround Kris. Yixing immediately ran towards the elder one but was held by Xiumin. Yixing stared at the eldest in disbelief. "Hyung--" Xiumin simply shook his head. 

Chanyeol saw this as an opportunity and threw a bigger flame towards the elder, but to his surprise, a strong gush of wind blocked the flame and even managed to throw him backwards.

Right then, the wall surrounding Kris was no longer the fire created by Chanyeol. It was now water, which immediatly spilled onto the floor, showing Kris -- safe, unharmed.

He immediately snapped his head to his left where he saw Sehun standing -- staring right back at him, and right behind him was Suho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welp, that was a short one. I'm sorry for the short and boring update. Next chapter's gonna be more fun, I promise. *grins*