8.

Fire and Flames

Yixing’s eyes slowly opened and he lifted his hand to rub his face before carefully sitting up. He looked around, confused because he doesn’t know where he is right now.

He stretched and got off the bed. “Ge? Kris ge?”

No answer.

“Minseokkie hyung? Jongin? Zitao?”

Still no answer.

Yixing walked towards the door and twisted the doorknob but it wouldn’t budge. He tried twisting and turning it more and more—exerting greater force each time (thank goodness he already regained his strength), but to no avail.

His stomach grumbled and Yixing winced. How long was he asleep again? “Hyung!” He called out again.

He sighed and turned around to take a closer look at his surroundings. No windows, no wooden furniture small enough or light enough for him to be able to carry, no screw drivers, no anything.

Yixing furrowed his eyebrows. “It’s like this room was designed to keep me in or something.”

He walked towards an open door—the bathroom. A shower, a toilet and a sink. Is he some kind of a prisoner or something?

He went out the bathroom and sat on his bed. “I have to get out of here,” He whispered to himself and looked around frantically. “How did I get here anyway?”

The doorknob twisted and slowly opened and Yixing stood up, backing away just in case—“Chanyeol,” Yixing ran towards the younger and hugged him. “Chanyeol you need to help me get out of here. It’s a good thing you found me—“

“Hyung,” Chanyeol slowly pushed Yixing away. “Hyung, I brought you here.”

“Huh?” Yixing shook his head, even more confused. “H-how..?”

And then he remembered. He remembered waking up while being carried by Chanyeol, the bracelet. “Why?” Yixing asked in disbelief.

“Someone needs your help.”

“But why am I locked up here? He needs my help and yet he treats me like this? Is this some kind of a joke?”

Chanyeol sighed and moved out of the way. “You must be hungry. Come on.”

Yixing took a step forward. He has to get out of here. Now.

But Chanyeol grabbed his arm. “And don’t even think about escaping. You’re only going to hurt yourself. You can’t leave this place.”

Yixing frowned and turned around to face Chanyeol. “Why?”

“This place is surrounded by fire.”

“Fire?” Yixing asked. “Chanyeol you—“

“Yes,” Chanyeol answered even before Yixing asked. Because he knew what the question is.  Of course it was him. Who else? “I did it. You can’t leave. Not without burning yourself.”

“Chanyeol how could you?” Yixing asked, voice cracking because how could his younger brother do this to him? “How could you imprison me here? If anything, it should be you who’s going to help me escape. Why?”

Chanyeol closed the door and lead the way. “Just don’t be so hard-headed hyung.”

Yixing stood there, angry, confused and disappointed. “No.”

Chanyeol stopped walking and turned around. “What?”

“You’re not Chanyeol,” Yixing said before twisting the doorknob again to go inside his room. “If you’re not going to help me escape, if I’m going to be stuck here anyway, if you’re going to imprison me here, I might as well die.”

“You have a person to help.”

“Luhan-hyung said—“

“WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY? Why should they control you? Why are you listening to them? You have your own mind, hyung!”

Yixing’s eyes narrowed and he stepped inside the room. “Yes, I have my own mind. And I know that what Luhan-hyung said was right.” He slammed the door closed and Chanyeol rolled his eyes before taking a step forward to get Yixing but stopped when he felt someone’s hand on his shoulder.

“Let me.”

Chanyeol watched as Taecyeon walked towards Yixing’s room. Taecyeon turned around and smiled before opening the door and stepping inside.


“Whoah,” Luhan commented as he stared at Jongin and Tao. “So this is how it looks like when you’re going back in time.”

“Stop poking them, hyung.” Kris rubbed his temples and leaned on the wall.

Luhan whipped his head and widened his eyes. “You never call me hyung.”

“Because you never act like one.”

“Psh,” Luhan rolled his eyes and sat on Zitao’s bed. “I never want to go back in time. Jongin’s really ugly when he’s just standing there like that. Or maybe he should’ve picked a better pose before Zitao did his work. Doesn’t he know it’s disturbing? Standing there with open eyes and—“ Luhan stood up and started to look for his cellphone. “I should take a picture of this. Him and Zitao holding hands. It’s really cute, don’t you think?” He giggled and lifted his phone.

“Hyung—“

Kris stopped talking when Zitao finally let go of Jongin’s hand. Luhan pouted because “I was just about to take the picture!”

“Hyung,” Jongin turned around. “Hyung I finally know where they are.”

“Good,” Kris walked towards Jongin. “Let’s go.”


Yixing found himself tied up to a chair.

“Let me go!” Yixing shouted and struggled. He looked towards Chanyeol. “Chanyeol help me!”

Chanyeol stared at him for a few minutes—his expression softening but shook his head and looked away. “Chanyeol!” Yixing cried out again. “Chanyeol!”

“Yixing, don’t make this hard for us. We don’t want to hurt—“

“Hurt?” Chanyeol glared at Taecyeon. “You promised me you wouldn’t hurt him.”

Taecyeon smiled and turned to Chanyeol. “I wouldn’t,” He smiled. “But you would.”

Chanyeol narrows his eyes and walked towards Taecyeon. “I would never,” He said through his teeth.

“Have it your way,” Taecyeon shrugged. “But just to remind you, we may not be as strong as you—anymore, but anything that comes from us, he wouldn’t be able to heal. Unlike if it comes from you, or any of your—“ Taecyeon lifted his hands to quote, “—brothers, as you call each other, he would be able to heal it.”

Chanyeol hissed and looked at Yixing before directing his attention back to Taecyeon. “You’re bluffing.”

“Am I?” Taecyeon chuckled. “Wooyoung-ah! Chanyeol doesn’t believe me. Care to demonstrate?”

“I would love to,” Wooyoung snickered and slowly walked towards Yixing.

“No!” Chanyeol shouted and fire suddenly appeared in front of Wooyoung, making him gasp in surprise and stumble backwards. “Get away from him!” Chanyeol hissed.

Wooyoung glared at Chanyeol. “You’re lucky we couldn’t use our powers without skin contact—yet.” He walked away and Chanyeol walked towards Yixing.

“Hyung,” Chanyeol lowered himself infront of Yixing. “Hyung you need to help them. It’s the only way they’re going to let you go.”

“They’re not going to let me go, Chanyeol,” Yixing sighed. “They’re going to keep me here forever. Because when they need someone to heal Chansung again, what, do you think they’re going to get me from home again? No, they’re not.”

“It doesn’t matter,” Chanyeol shook his head. “I don’t want to hurt you hyung, so please, just help them out.”

“Why should I?” Yixing retorted. “And why are you helping them out?”

“Because,” Taecyeon interrupted and Yixing looked up. “When we’re powerful enough, we’re going help Chanyeol show Kris who’s stronger.”

“The more reason for me not to help you,” Yixing hissed.

“Hyung,” Chanyeol stood up. “I’m sorry.”

Yixing screamed in pain.