Chapter 5: Enemies Already?

Eclipse.

A/N: OMFG SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I've been always going out this week D:

This will probably be the last "filler" chapter or...introduction chapters? idk LOL I'll be starting the "story" about powers in the next chapter :D

SORRY if it's too slow :(

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Is that everything for you?”

He turned his gaze from the menu board down to the young cashier. “Yes. That’ll be all.”

“That will 2,400W please.” She extended her hand.

He began to shuffle through his wallet and took out the necessary bills to pay for the food. As he was handing the money to the cashier she caught sight of the marking on his hand.

“Oh! That’s a very interesting tattoo!” she said with curiosity

He withdrew his hands and looked down at the symbol on his hand.

“What is it supposed to be?”

“Uhmm…” he paused, a bit embarrassed to say it, “…it’s a snowflake.”

She made a face, “Oh…” her voice was laced with disappointment, “Is there a meaning?”

He began to slightly panic, “It’s to represent my individuality…” he said quickly.

“Oh! That’s cool, because everyone is different like snowflakes are different”

“Yeah…” he said solemnly

“That’s really creative.” She handed a girl the receipt, “Your order will be ready, next customer please.”

Xiumin shuffled to the side staring at his hand, “Yeah…I’m different.” he said sadly. He walked up to the counter to receive his order in a small tray. He looked around the small café to look for a seat. There were many couples enjoying each other’s company, feeding each other cakes. He cringed and sat down near the corner, away from the distasteful lovey-dovey couples.

He placed the tray down and lustfully stared at the dessert in front of him. A slightly baked bun filled with fresh vanilla cream, topped with whipped cream and strawberries, his favourite dessert. He his lips, preparing himself for the rush of sweetness.

As he grabbed his fork to stab the sweet bun, he saw a hand quickly reach in and grab the largest strawberry that topped the dessert.

Xiumin could feel his heart shatter, his mouth hanging open he looked up to see who the perpetrator was. As soon as his eyes met the gaze of the criminal he closed his mouth.

“What’s up Xiu~” the perpetrator said as he took a bite of the large strawberry.

“Chen?” he said with wide eyes.

He wiped his mouth, “Yup” he paused, “Oh that was a good strawberry.” He reached for another one but Xiumin grabbed his hand.

“Hey! Get your own!”

Chen looked up, “C’mon Xiu, sharing is caring.”

Xiumin shook his head and began to slide the tray closer towards him, farther away from Chen.

“Whoa, what a child. Fine! Have your dessert.” Chen said as he crossed his arms.

“I will” Xiumin said with a frown, “Why are you even here, shouldn’t you be with...” he didn’t want to say the name, “…Baekhyun.”

Chen sighed, “He’s been hanging out with the new student lately”

“So…why are you here?” he asked again.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said because Baekhyun is with the new kid.”

Xiumin looked down, Second choice again…

Chen looked down at the dessert, “Can I have another strawberry, please?”

He slid the tray forward, “Have it. I don’t feel like eating anymore.” He grabbed his jacket and bag from the side and stood up to leave.

Chen grabbed a strawberry and looked up at Xiumin confused, “You’re leaving?”

“Yeah, enjoy the sweet bun.” He began to leave but Chen reached forward and grabbed his hand.

“Is something wrong Xiu?” he asked concerned.

“No, nothing’s wrong.” He lied.

Chen frowned, “Don’t lie, sweet buns are your all-time favourite dessert. Not wanting to eat it isn’t like you.”

“I’m just not hungry okay?”

“What’s wrong? It’s not my fault right?” Chen asked stubbornly.

Xiumin curled his fists, bottling up the anger rising.

Suddenly Chen looked down at Xiumin’s hands, “What’s this on your hand?”

“It’s none of your business!” he shouted a little too loud.

There was a sudden flash of light and sparks erupted from their hands that were in contact.

Xiumin panicked and looked down at his exposed hands; he quickly pulled it back and covered it with his jacket and bag.

Chen widened his eyes, “But Xiu…”

He looked around at the stares people were giving them “I’m going…” he turned around and walked out the doors, the bells above the door ringing to indicate the arrival or departure of a customer.

Chen stared down at the bun on the tray, the whipped cream melted into a puddle around the dessert.

He raised his hands and stared at the scorpion like symbol on his hand, I have one too Xiu…

 

___

Chanyeol turned around at the sound of people arguing in the café. Suddenly he saw a flash of orange-yellowish light. He stood up to see what the source of light was, but all he saw was a boy around his age walking out the door. The crowd of people began to disperse and Chanyeol saw another boy suddenly stand up and run after the first boy.

He shrugged and sat back down.

Baekhyun raised the tea to his lips and took a small sip, letting the warm drink soothe his sore throat.

“What was that all about?” he asked the boy in front of him.

Chanyeol look up, with the cream bread still hanging from his mouth and shrugged. There was whip cream all over his face and hands.

Baekhyun sighed, “Yeollie, what did I tell you about eating nicely?” he grabbed a napkin and began wiping the latter’s face.

He scrunched up his face and took the napkin from Baekhyun, “I’m not a child, Bacon.” he said as he wiped more cream from his cheeks.

“You sure eat like one.” He rolled his eyes, “And what did I say about calling me Bacon”

He smiled, “I like that nickname, it suits you.”

“How?!”

“Hmm…because you and bacon are both greasy.” He said with a triumphant smile.

Baekhyun grabbed a scrunched up napkin and threw it him, “Yah! I am not greasy.”

Chanyeol laughed lightly at the flustered boy in front of him.

“I’ll call you Eggs then!” he suddenly said to Chanyeol.

“Why?!” he asked, this time it was him who was slightly flustered.

Baekhyun paused to think but found it hard to think of a reason why.

Chanyeol smiled, slightly raising his eyebrows and looked at Baekhyun.

“What?” he asked as he leaned away.

“Could it be…because bacon and eggs are always together?” he asked in a low voice.

Baekhyun’s face became flushed, “N-no! That’s crazy.”

“Admit it Bacon, you like me.” He said, leaning back with his hands behind his head.

He sighed in defeat and took another sip of his tea.

“Admit it!” he said again.

With the cup still to his lips he looked up and glared at Chanyeol.

“We’re meant to be” he said.

“Yeollie…” he began but stopped when he heard his phone ring, alerting him of a text message. He unlocked his phone and looked at the message.

 

To: Baekhyun

From: Chen

Where are you? I need to talk…

 

Baekhyun frowned at the message and replied quickly worried.

 

To: Chen

From: Baekhyun

I’m at History Café, what’s wrong?

 

There wasn’t a reply back from Chen so he turned his attention to Chanyeol who was suspiciously eyeing him.

“What were you doing?”

“I was texting a friend.”
“Which friend”

“Chen, you don’t know him”

“Let me see your phone” he stood up and walked over to Baekhyun.

“What?! NO!” he rejected and held his phone away from Chanyeol.

“What are you trying to hide from me?” he said while he continued to reach for his phone.

“Nothing!”

Their little wrestling was interrupted by someone clearing their throat, “Ahem.” Both turned their heads to the person.

“Oh! Chen” Baekhyun said, Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and then back at Chen, scanning him from head to toe.

“Am I…interrupting?” he said cautiously, aware of Chanyeol’s stare or rather glare.

“No not at all” he said as he pushed Chanyeol away, forcing him to sit, “What’s the problem?”

Chanyeol crossed his arms and continued to glare at Chen.

 

_

“Thanks Baekkie” Chen said as he stood up to leave, “I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” Chanyeol’s eye slightly twitched in irritation.

“No problem; see ya” he said as he waved good-bye. Chanyeol reached forward and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand when Chen was out of sight.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked with wide eyes.

“Who does he think he is, coming here and ruining our date…” Chanyeol said through gritted teeth.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, “…Date?” he said slowly as if it was the first time hearing the words.

Chanyeol looked at him, “Yes. Date” he spat.

“Who said this was a date?” Baekhyun asked in annoyance and withdrew his hand away from Chanyeol. He was beginning to get annoyed with Chanyeol’s sudden attitude change, he didn’t understand.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, slightly hurt, “Well…I…” he said as he placed his hands between his legs, like a dog retreating with his tail between his legs.

“Chanyeol, I don’t know why you’re acting this way but I don’t want to deal with it.” He stood up to leave but Chanyeol quickly grabbed his hands. Sparks and light began to flash as their skin made contact. Baekhyun pulled his hands away, “What are you doing?! We’re in public” he whispered to him in a panicked tone.

“Baekhyun-ah” he said and grabbed his arms and pulled him back down, “I’m sorry for acting the way I did…” he looked to the ground.

“Why are you acting like this?” he said confused.

“I…I…don’t like Chen.” He said truthfully.

“Why?”

“`Cause he seems so…close to you.” He said quietly.

“…And?” he pressed

“I…I…” he took a deep breath, “I guess I’m just…you know…jealous.”

“Why would you be jealous of Chen? We’re just good friends.” Chanyeol stayed quiet for a bit, unable to let the words escape his lips.

“Chanyeol…do you like me?” he suddenly asked. He looked up with wide eyes and stared at Baekhyun waiting for a sincere answer.

He looked down, too embarrassed to show his blushing face, “…Yes”

“Oh…” there was a long awkward pause and Chanyeol began to panic.

“I’m sorry, I’ll just…” he stood up to leave but Baekhyun grabbed his hands there was a display of light and warmth travelled up their arms.

Chanyeol looked down at his hands with wide eyes and quickly scanned the café to see if anyone else saw; to his relief the café was practically empty minus the cashier falling asleep at the counter.

“Chanyeol, I like you too.” He whispered.

Chanyeol could feel a smile grow on his face his face flushed red as Baekhyun looked up and smiled too. Their hands suddenly erupted with lights and sparks and the sensation in their hands amplified.

There was a sudden snort and both released each other’s grasp. The cashier suddenly stood up rubbing her eyes.

“What’s going on?” she asked sleepily.

“Nothing.” They said in unison and smiled.

______________________________________________________________________________________________-

A/N: Uhmm...LOL

COMMENT PLEASE :D

and the story about powers will be continuing in the next chapter so...SUHO and KRIS you're up :D