Chapter 1: The Day of Black Sun

Eclipse.

 

A/N: Hey! Sorry it took so long to update LOL my exams are finally over so now I can try to update often! :D I was contemplating whether to add chapter banners or something...LOL what do you guys think?? SHOULD I ADD CHAPTER BANNERS TO MAKE IT LOOK NICER? :D

HERE YOU GO! CHAPTER 1, ENJOY!! subscribe and comment please :D especially comments they motivate me to write <3

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The classroom was loud as students were chattering amongst themselves before the class started. Suho glanced around the room before dropping his head onto the table. His head was hurting a lot today and with each sound he heard his head throbbed.

“Ughh…” he groaned as he heard the classroom door slam close. He looked up to see the teacher had entered and everyone ceased talking and had returned to their seats. Suho smiled to himself at the peaceful silence that had settled over them.

“Good morning class, we’ll begin our lesson by opening our textbooks to…” the teacher’s voice began to drown itself out as Suho closed his eyes.

“Hey…” someone said as he poked Suho awake. He squinted his eyes towards the perpetrator who sat beside him.

“What do you want?” Suho said as another groan escaped him.

Kris blinked his eyes, “What’s wrong with you today?” he asked in concern.

“Just…a headache” he said and waved off Kris’ concern.

“Well, you should get up, the teacher keeps looking in this direction.”

With a sigh Suho seated himself upright and pretend to look like he was concentrating.

 

“Did you hear?” Kris began. Suho turned his head.

“There’s going to be a solar eclipse today” he said with excitement.

“So?”

Kris paused, “Well, I just thought you might like to know” he seemed hurt, “It’s pretty cool, just thought I’d let you know…”

Suho could sense Kris felt hurt, he sighed “What time is it?”

Kris smiled, “At around lunch time” Kris began to get excited as the topic of the eclipse continued, “In some cultures they call it the day of Black Sun, isn’t it cool?” he said excitedly.

“Yeah…” Suho tried to say with enthusiasm

“Kris, Suho! Stop talking and listen!” the teacher yelled.

“Sorry” they said in unison as they turned their bodies away from each other and faced forward.

 

~~~

 

The bell rang and Kris watched as Suho jerked himself awake, he lifted his head up quickly and glared while his eyes tried to adjust to the light.

Kris rolled his eyes, “Had a good nap, Oh prince?” he said sarcastically.

“Har har…” Suho said as he began to pack his untouched pencil case and notebooks.

“Where are you going to be after the next class?”

Suho pondered, “After History class, it’s lunch so…probably in the cafeteria?”

“Come to the roof at lunch” Kris said with a smile.

Suho made a face, “Is this some sort of confession?!” he slowly began to inch himself away

Kris punched his arm, “Idiot, I have a special telescope to see the eclipse.”

“Oh…the eclipse…”

“Please come!” Kris pleaded.

Suho sighed, “Well………….AH!?” Suho cried out in shock, “What…are you doing?!”

Kris had his two fists up to his cheeks in an attempt to use aegyo.

“Bbu -“ Kris began.

“Don’t you dare say it…” he said threateningly.

“Bbuin-“

“FINE!” Suho said and ran out the door.

Kris dropped his arms and smiled “Works every time” but a shudder ran through his body, God I hate doing aegyo…

He triumphantly walked out the classroom door.

 

~~~

 

“Finally” said Kris as Suho walked onto the roof, “What took so long?”

“Nothing…” Suho lied.

Kris walked up to Suho and wiped his thumb over the corner of Suho’s lips, “Is this kimchi sauce?”

Suho backed away, “Fine, I ate lunch and came. Sorry.”

Kris shook his head, “Whatever, the important thing is that you’re here in time to see the eclipse, it’s about to happen.” He said with excitement laced with his voice.

Suho closed his eyes and placed himself on the large fan on the roof and leaned back, softly lying down with his arms behind him.

He peeked over at Kris who was busily positioning the telescope. Suho scoffed and closed his eyes again.

“Suho! Suho!” Kris cried out, “It’s starting! Suho!”

Suho groaned and tried to ignore Kris’ cry.

Suddenly he felt the world become much darker. The sunny day in Seoul soon became a shrouded city lost in the time of dusk. Suho opened his eyes as he saw the white clouds fade to gray.

“Come here!”

Suho obeyed, intrigued by the change of light and ambiance. Kris passed him the telescope.

“Look!”

Suho bent over and peered through the telescope to see the Sun, but a black figure was consuming its light slowly and dramatically reducing the light.

“Okay, now it’s my turn” Kris budged.

Suho pushed him, “No wait, I wanna see more.”

“But it’s my telescope! Move”
“No! Wait!”

The two began to push each other, fighting over the telescope. Kris grabbed the small equipment and l lifted it above his head.

“What now Shorty” he said with a smirk.

Suho became flustered as he tried to jump for the telescope but stopped as he began to stare.

Kris furrowed his eyebrows, “What?”

Suho just continued to stare.

“What?!” Kris said concerned.

Suho pointed to Kris’ hand that held the telescope. Kris followed his gaze and his eyes widened as he saw his hand, glowing a spectacular orange-yellowish light.

Kris let go of the telescope and let it fall to the ground with a crash as he dropped his hand to inspect it. Suho moved closer to Kris in awe to have a better look at the light.

“Wh-What is it?” Suho asked slightly worried.

Kris shook his head slowly, slightly in shock, “I-I don’t…know.” The words barely escaped his lips.

 

They continued to stare at Kris’ hand with amazement but Kris looked away for a moment, “Suho! Yo-your hand…”

“What?” he said dazed.

“You-your hand is glowing too…” Kris said

“What?!” he said as he jumped back. He looked at his right hand and it was also glowing. The light was resonating from the centre of the back of his hand, like Kris’.

“Dude…”

“Dude…”

They looked at each other worried, both feeling exactly the same. They stood there unmoving for a bit.

Suho walked up to Kris, “Let me see your hand again”

Kris extended his arm towards Suho and he reached for it with his glowing hand.

There was a crackle and the light of both hands intensified and became warm.

The both retracted their hands away.

“Whoa…” the said in unison as they looked at their hand and back at each other.

“Did you feel it get warm?” Kris asked in shock.

Suho nodded, touching his hand to see if the heat and stayed.

“Should we…”

“…try it again?” they completed each other’s sentences. They stared at the light, slightly hesitant, but with a nod they walked forward and extended their hands, there was another crackle and the light intensified and they felt the warmth return. However, as they moved their hands closer, the crackling sound became louder and the heat intensified. They ignored the sound and heat and continued. They reached farther and finally there were no distances between them.

The crackling began to transition into loud static sounds as sparks and lightning erupted from their hands. Suddenly as their fingers touched slightly the heat became a physical force and an explosion of orange-white light erupted from their hands, causing both parties to be thrown backwards in the opposite direction of each other. They fell backwards and landed on their behinds a few feet away from where they were standing.

“Ah…” Suho said as he stared at the palm of his hands that had slightly cuts and scrapes. He looked at Kris shocked at what happened.

Kris stood up, brushing off gravel and dirt that had scratched onto his pants.

Kris was inspecting his hands and Suho did the same. The strange light had disappeared but on the back of the hand there was a strange symbol engraved into the skin.

Kris traced his fingers over the strange symbol etched into his hand.

What just happened…

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: How was it?? I hope it didn't too bad, or make you disappointed D: hopefully it'll become more interesting?? :(

COMMENT PLEASE! I love reading ppl's comments :D

it helps motivate me, seriously :) and thank you for even reading this fanfic :D I'll try to update soon :)