Chapter 7: Ambush

Eclipse.

A/N: Like I promised I did a jump forward in time so that the real story can actually begin :)

it may be confusing at first, but I'll try to add hints into the story so that you can catch onto what's happening.

ENJOY! COMMENT PLEASE! It actually makes me happy and motivates me :D

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

two months later:

 

“Time to go.” He bent his legs and shot up towards the sky like a bullet and was gone.

The building was burning and smoke was arising quickly, suffocating the people inside the abandoned building.

Tears were streaming down Chanyeol’s face as he held Baekhyun in his arms.

“Yeollie, don’t cry. I’ll be okay.” He flinched at the pain on his right leg. He reached forward and wiped the tears that were falling, “Please?” Chanyeol inhaled deeply, sniffling occasionally and wiped the threatening tears that might fall.

“Go help the others, I’ll be fine.” Baekhyun held himself up with his arms and pushed Chanyeol away. He nodded and stood up and ran over to the leader, Suho.

 

“Sehun, are you okay?” Suho asked as he helped the youngest member up to his feet.

He nodded, “What happened?” he said in between coughs.

“I’ll tell you later, first we need to get rid of this smoke and fire. I’ll handle the fire; think you can do the smoke for us?”

Sehun nodded; he could see the smoke quickly thickening and become a danger. He did a quick scan of this surroundings. He needed some extra space first; he sauntered off towards the middle of the building. He raised his arms in concentraton and like a dance began to rhythmically swing his arms in circular motion, in a 360 degree motion. With each swing of his arm a stream of wind followed. A sphere began to form around the wind dancer, the wind dancing around him, slicing through the smoke and gradually pushing it away. He increased the radius of the air and soon a barrier was created to block off smoke from suffocating the others. Sehun looked towards Suho and nodded as he held his arms up to hold the barrier.

Suho returned his nod and dropped his heavy bag down. He zipped it open and raised his arms. As his arms rose a river of water sprang out of the bag. He manipulated the liquid to smother away the largest flames that threatened to expand. A snake like creature flew through the air and crashed against the walls leaving behind ashes and smoke.

Chanyeol ran beside the leader and rather than asking for instructions he followed the leader’s actions and began to smother the flames by manipulating the fire to smother itself out. Large flames soon became small embers that were easily gone from a small breeze from Sehun’s wind. Within a few minutes the building was but a black ash filled structure that reeked of burnt wood.

Suho picked up his empty bag, “Need to refill.” He swung his bag over his shoulder as he scanned the black building.

Chanyeol walked over to Baekhyun and helped him stand, “How’s your leg?”

They both looked down at the burned leg where the pillar had fallen on, “It’ll be okay, you know me.”

Chanyeol smiled but still had a worried expression, “Yeah.”

Suho was staring at the blackened walls; concentrating or pondering on something. He didn’t notice that Sehun had walked up to the leader, “What are you thinking about?” he asked cautiously inspecting the leader’s face.

Suho reached forward and touched the blackened walls and rubbed the ashes between his fingers. “I’m…I’m just wondering how and when was Kris able to create…fire.” Suho asked, complexed.

Sehun shrugged, “I guess, some people are still learning new aspects of their ability like Baekhyun.”

Suho looked over at the injured light-bearer who had recently discovered new aspects of his light.

“Right.”

“We should leave, he might come back.” Sehun stated as a precaution.

Suho nodded with agreement and went over to Baekhyun and Chanyeol to help them out.

 

___

“Ow ow ow…” Baekhyun muttered as his team members helped him settle onto a bed.

“Sorry.” Kyungsoo whispered.

“No no, it’s fine, thanks.” Baekhyun waved off the apology.

“Need anything else?”

“A snack.” Baekhyun said with a smile, “I need energy”

Kyungsoo smiled, “Gotcha.” He turned and left the room to leave Chanyeol and Baekhyun alone.

“Feeling any better?”

“Yeollie, just because you ask me every 5 minutes doesn’t mean my leg will get better.” He said while rolling his eyes.

“I’m just worried…”

He sighed, “I know, but I got this.” He bent his knees so that his burned leg was closer to him. He reached forward and placed his hands around the burned wounds and concentrated. He closed his eyes and slowly a brilliant light began to glow around his wounds and his legs were engulfed in a sphere of light. He could feel the familiar warmth of the light as it traveled through his veins. Chanyeol watched in amazement at the white light that was emitting from Baekhyun’s hands.

He moved his hands away and the light faded and the warmth faded away as well.

“It didn’t do much.” Chanyeol said as he looked at the wound.

“I know” Baekhyun said with a sigh, “I took away the pain, burned areas and accelerated my healing.” He looked down at the wound, “That’s all I can do…I think.” He paused, “I’m not a healer remember, Lay is, this is the best I can do.”

Chanyeol nodded, “I know, and I still think it’s an amazing ability.”

Baekhyun blushed and smiled, “Thanks.”

There was a knock and both looked up to see Suho, “Can you guys come to the living room? We all need to talk.” They nodded and slowly made their way to the living room where the other members were patiently waiting for the debrief.

 

___

“How did it go?” Lay asked the tall leader that walked into the small apartment everyone shared.

“I think the job was done.” Kris smiled as he hung his coat up, “They didn’t expect me to be there. It was a perfect ambush.”

Lay high-fived Kris as Luhan walked in suddenly making the situation a bit awkward.

“Why? What happened?” Luhan asked as he looked at Kris and Lay.

“Well…that is…” Lay began

“I ambushed them in a burning building.” Kris said bluntly, he turned around and walked towards the kitchen.

“Wait…” Luhan paused to comprehend, “You…ambushed them…in a burning building.” he spoke through clenched teeth.

Lay slowly shuffled away from Luhan who was quickly getting angry.

“Yup.” Kris called from the kitchen.

Luhan tried to calm down, “Was…Sehun there.”

There was a silence.

“Well…?!” Luhan was clenching his fists.

There was another pause “Probably.” He called from the kitchen.

Lay looked over Luhan, who was quickly becoming angry and then towards the kitchen door. He didn’t understand why Kris wasn’t being subtle or gentle towards Luhan when he clearly understood his situation. Lay took a step forward but his vision caught onto something that made him stop.

The furniture in the room began to slowly levitate, the couch, the coffee table and the television all began to float, suspended in the air. He looked over at Luhan whose eyes were fixated at the kitchen door with his fists clenched. Lay knew he had to act fast before another fight broke out.

“Luhan, you should calm down.” Lay said cautiously with his arms raised but was ignored.

He reached forward and gently grabbed his shoulder but Luhan jerked away, “Don’t…touch…me.” He spat out.

“Luhan, please your powers…”

“He said probably…”

Lay stepped back, surprised at his sudden calm tone.

“He said probably…but still…it could mean…” there was a pause. “Sehun…Sehun…could be DEAD?!” Luhan screamed. Lay watched as Luhan’s eyes began to glow white.

Kris peeked his head out and noticed the floating furniture, “That’s what I said and it’s a good thing, less people to hunt down later.”

Luhan could feel anger rising, “WHY WOULD YOU-” his words were cut off, “…would…you…” and he collapsed to the floor. All the furniture came crashing down from their suspended space creating loud noises.

Kris walked out the kitchen with a sandwich and looked worried. His eyes fell upon Luhan who was collapsed on the ground. He looked up at Lay who had a guilty expression.

“What did you do?”

“I…well…” he sighed, “I just tried to heal his anger…or feelings but it didn’t work. He was too angry.” He looked down at the sleeping Luhan, “So I healed him through empathy and caused him to fall asleep. Nothing bad, he’ll be alright.”

Kris put the sandwich in his mouth as he picked up the sleeping prince and gently placed him on the couch but noticed something off.

“Where’s his crest?”

“Probably somewhere in his room. I’ll go get it.” He walked off into the room they shared and came back quickly.

Kris took the crest and placed it around his wrist, “You’re always supposed to wear these.” As he put it on, the crest began to glow and then dimmed.

“So…who do we need to find next?”

“Kai…and Kyungsoo.”

______________________________________________________________________________________--

A/N: How was it?? too short? I'll try to make the next chapter longer :D

COMMENT PLEASE! I need help in improving, i'm such a noob LOL