Don't Go...

[Haru Haru Inspired]

I hurried, I ran... after her. "Dara stop! Don't go!..." but it was already too late, she got in the taxi. "Dont go..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------               

Jiyong P.O.V

 

I played with my phone on my bed, waiting for Taeyang to call me back. I threw the phone up and caught it in my hand. Time passed and I decided to call again.............................. He didn't answer. I left my phone on the bed and got up to grab a drink. When I came back, I had one missed call. "Dara?" I said to myself, and called her back.

"Yoboseo?" she said dully on the phone.

"Hey~ What's up?" I said cheerfully on the phone. She didn't reply, "Yoboseo? You still there?" I asked again.

"Yeah.... Im here. Wanna meet me somewhere?" she asked.

"Sure! Where to?" I asked getting my clothes ready.

"Center plaza. In Seoul." she said plainly over the phone. Something was off about her. She's not, herself.

"Are you alright? You seem sorta sad." she didn't seem like her usual self, high spirited, quircky, bright.

"I'm fine, just meet me okay?" she asked impatiently.

"Sure, ok." she hung up before I could even say goodbye or I love you. This feeling, something wasn't right. I quickly dressed, and drove to the Center Plaza, the place we went on our first date. Once I parked, I saw Dara. She was faced towards me, expressionless. She was covered up on a hot day with a coat, jeans, shoes, even a hat and scarf. I walked up to her with a smile in which she didn't smile back to. As I came closer, she still didn't seem happy to see me, in fact, she seemed different. It might have been me, but she looked skinnier and paler, like she didn't get enought sleep because there were dark circles under her eyes. I confronted her as I came closer.

"Hey Dara. What's wrong? It's so hot and you're all covered up!" I said optimistically. I hugged her happily, but she hesitated to hug back. She quickly let me go.

"What's wrong?" I asked defensively. She turned and walked away, slowly, insisting that I follow her. And so I did.

"Is there something in your mind?" I asked softly. "Wanna talk about it?" she stopped in front of the large tv screen in central plaza.

"Remember this place?" she asked me staring at the big screen on a building. It was a commercial ad playing on the big television.

"Yeah, it's the place we went on our first date." I told her surely. She turned away from the screen.

"Forget it." she said as she walked away. I looked immediately at her. She walked slowly away from me. I hurriedly caught up next to her.

"What?" I asked again. She looked straight ahead, avoiding my eyes. "Dara what did you say?" I asked again. She stopped and took a deep breath, then faced me.

"Jiyong, forget it, forget this, forget us!" she demanded. "Don't you get it?" she said. My smile faded.

"What do you mean?" I questioned. She took a deep sigh before she could look at me.

"Let's break up..."

I stared unbelievably. Break up? Why would she want that? After the 4 years we've spent together, why?

"What's wrong with you? Why are you thinking like this, stop it."

"Shut up!" she exclaimed impatiently. I drew back, shocked. She's never yelled at me like this. Her eyes were red and fierce.

"Wha-what happened?" I asked her. "You were fine the other day... Tell me, what's wrong.." I said as calmly as I could approaching her. With each step I took, she drew back little by little. She was no longer looking at me, but turning away.

"Go away, let's not meet any more." I barely heard her say when she stopped, her back faced toward me. She walked away, then started walking faster, which eventually went into a sprint. I could feel my eyes swelling up, and a single tear come down my cheek. I stood there, motionless. My eyes that were on the ground she stood on, now saw Dara running away, from me, us. Once I found my consciousness, I walked after her, then unconsciously found my self running after her, after Dara. I hurried, I ran... after her. "Dara stop! Don't go!" but it was already too late, she got in the taxi. "Don't go..."

I weeped to myself on the sidewalk. Both my knees hit the ground, I looked up to see the taxi drive off. "Stop! Don't go!" I yelled at the top of my voice. "Please..."

Dara P.O.V

"No matter what just keep driving." the taxi driver nodded his head, and drove. My heart hurt seeing Jiyong running after me. He eventually stopped and fell to his knees, I could hear him call after me, begging me not to leave. "Jiyong ah.... Sorry. I'm so....so.... sorry." I turned back to the driver, and cried to myself. "Sorry...s-sorry" I kept repeating to myself. Crouched in the seat, I hurt, not physically, but emotionally. I hurt the one I love most in the world. Tears swelling up in my eyes, tears falling on my knees, we were both crying. I choked on my words,"Sorry....."