Unnie, Mommy, Daddy

[Haru Haru Inspired]

Son Yi Min P.O.V

As quickly as I could, I rolled my wheelchair to unnies room. I made it just in time.

"Stop!" I hollered. The nurses and doctors looked at me, they were just about to take her into the crimation room. Mommy stared at me. She was clearly crying, hard, but managed to keep her eyes from tearing up again. She quickly hid her used tissues in her purse, and took me outside. 

"No, no! Mommy wait! I need to tell them something, please! No!" I yelled stubbornly. She pushed my chair outside the door along with her.

"Yi Min ah! What do you think you're doing?!" she said frustratedly. I ignored and tried wheeling myself back inside again, but she refrained me from doing so, and held me by the shoulders, "Yi Min ah! Just what do you think you're doing?! I thought we talked about this already, stop it!" she yelled. I turned my eyes to her, she was holding it in, and trying her best to hold in her tears.

"Mommy, you can't let unnie be burned yet! My friend is dying now, she needs unnies kidneys! Now mommy please!" I exclaimed. She looked at me with shock. Her eyes widened, she became stiff. "What did you say?" she asked.

I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. "I said lets donate her kidneys and other organs for people who need it..." I said slowly. "She was still healthy before she died, and plus my friend needs a transplant as soon as possible! Mommy you know it's right, please, please don't-" she slapped me on my left cheek.

My left cheek... Pain spread through my whole body, and I felt weak, again. 

"We talked about this. No one is taking anymore of what my daughter has left!" she shouted. Rage, fear, my feelings started building up.

"I'm your daughter too you know..." I said. 

"Yi Min! That's it, go back to the room and don't come back till it's over! Now-"

"MOMMY! Snap out of it! Unnies gone! She won't come back.. and she'll never come back." I nearly choked through the tears that were now running down my cheek. "Unnie was a kind person mommny, she cared for other people, and would have done anything to help others too... like that time when daddy-"

"No..." she said sternly. "What happened with daddy has nothing to with your sister-"

"Fine!" I protested. "Then I'll donate it to my friend when I die! Or to anyone else who needs my kindey or liver, my heart even!" I was angry, so angry tears were flowing. She gave me the cold stare. "Yi Min, this is the end of the conversation, let's stop now, and don't ever say anything like that again. No one's giving away your organs, or your sisters organs, not again. Your father made the worst mistake, giving away his heart-"

"For you mommy!" I yelled.

"He sacrificed himself for you, so YOU could live, because he wanted YOU to live on when you couldn't." By now, it was hard to speak, thinking about what happened only 2 years ago, before I was diagnosed with cancer. We were both outside the door crying like fools. Mommy bent her head, and sobbed. Finally, she looked up.

"You're all I have left Yi Min..." she managed to say. "Daddy left us 2 years ago, your sister left us just the other day..." 

"I know mommy." I managed to say. I could taste the saltiness of the tears. "But you have to let go... Daddy died so you could live. Unnie died to be with daddy... But- but I will never leave you mommy. No one left you actually. They're watching over us now, remember?" We both looked up, then looked at each other.

"Trust me Yi Min, whoever receives the transplant will feel saddened. I would know... I have your dad's heart..." She took my hand and placed it on her chest, right where the stitches were stitched in. "You don't know what I had to go through after the surgery, Yi Min. I was in a dark hole for days, and I'm sure whoever receives this transplant would feel the same too-"

"No they won't mommy, they'll be thankful that they get to see a new day... that they get to see their families and friends again... Mommy, you need to listen to me, let it go, please." But she looked away. I sighed, and held her hand.

"Mommy, my friend who has cancer, and is in need of a translpant, her boyfriend for 4 years is just about ready to die for her, just like how daddy did for mommy." she looked at me in shock. "What?" she asked. I nodded. "I want my friend to be happy with the person she loves and to be healthy and alive too. Mommy I know you suffered, that's why I don't want my friend to suffer too... Please mommy." I pleaded. "Unnie would have wanted it too. She looked at me with solemn eyes, and sniffed. 

"You're friend, who is it?" she asked. This time, she smiled.