Our Sealed Promise

[Haru Haru Inspired]

Jiyong P.O.V

I sat in the coffee table downstairs and nervously drank my coffee. It was only a matter of time before someone came running down here to tell me wether Dara made it or didn't. Did she? Did she successfully survive the surgery and make it out healthy and alive? Or did something bad happen.... Maybe the doctor didn't have enough blood, o-or maybe the medicine wore off and they had to stitch her up while she was conscious, leading to her death... No..  No I have to stop thinking.

"Jiyoung ah!" I heard Seunghyun yell from the stairs. I stood up so fast, startled, that the coffee spilled all over the floor. How embarrassing.

He looked at me with a serious expression, which softened to an assuring expression. It hit me like a swinging bat, and a smile shot up in an instant. I ran up to him, and hugged him. "Do it Jiyoung ah, you got this.", he said. He pat my back, and pushed the ring into my hand. "Thanks..." I said steadily, I looked at the ring in my hand, the ring I was going to have her wear for the rest of our lives. "I'm going." I said to Seunghyun. He nodded, and I ran up the stairs. 

I ran up two flights of stairs, when I stopped at the top of the stairs, my friends we waiting for me. I walked brightly towards them and told them I was going in. They proudly looked at me, and gave me warm smiles of encouragement. I walked into room 109. There she was, sitting on the inclined bed. My heart was beating and I ran up to hug her.

"Omo! Jiyoung ah! You scared me!" she exclaimed laughing. I couldn't hold in my tears, and sobbed happily on her thin shoulder. "Dara... I knew you'd make it. " I felt her smile, and gently let her go. 

"I would never leave this world without you, love." she said softly. I smiled, and knelt on my left knee. I took out the ring in my pocket and held it out to her. She gasped, and laughed softly hiding her face, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Jiyong, you're really going to do this here!" she asked surprised.

"Of course! What do we have to lose now?" I looked at her lovingly, the beautiful woman I have loved since the 8th grade, and said, "Park Dara. We've been through a lot, but have always been together. I am the stubbornest, craziest, but most desperate boyfriend in the world to have been chasing after you all this time. I never cared how people have seen us, to me, it doesn't matter, because you are in my heart. My one and only, I love you so much, and promise to love you and protect you for the rest of our lives." A single tear fell from her eye before I said the words.

"Park Dara? Will you marry me?" Her eyes brightened and she smiled so wide.

"Yes." she answered unhesitantly.

"Do you promise?" I asked.

"Yes stupid, I promise!" She said jokingly. And with a kiss, we sealed our promise.