My Savior

[Haru Haru Inspired]

Daras P.O.V

"Yi Min ah!" she came into my room in her wheelchair, and smiled like she always did. I held my arms out to her, and hugged her as tight as I could. 

"Dara unnie! How have you been? Is it hard? Are you getting better?!" she asked hyperly. I laughed, the sight of this 9 year old made me feel more energetic. I her head, "Fine Yi Min, I'm doing just fine." 

"Dara, do you know her?" Taeyang and the rest asked. "Omo, so cute!" Seungri whispered. "Yi Min ah, do you want my candy?" Daesung offered. 

"Dara unnie are these your friends?" she asked slightly smiling at the lollipop Daesung gave her. "Yes! Yi Min, the man who just gave you the lollipop is Daesung oppa, that there is Seungri oppa, Seunghyun oppa, and the old looking one in the corner, you can just call him ajusshi." I smirked as I looked at Taeyang. 

"I heard that!" he said. "You can call me Taeyang oppa, yes?" he said kindly. Yi Min laughed, and as did I. Just then Jiyoungie walked in the room with the cafeteria food in his hands.

"Oh, and that there, that's-" I was about to say, but she beat me to it.

"Kwon Jiyoung-shi!" she exclaimed. She rolled over to him and gave him a big hug, he was obviously happy and smiled.

"Yi Min ah! What're you doing here?!" he said happily.

"Wait, you two know each other already?" I asked curiously. Yi Min looked at me, "we ran into each other a couple of times Dara Unnie." she said happily. "Ohhh..." 

"Jiyoung ah!" Seungri and Daesung both exclaimed. They both came running to hug him, fortunately he had already put the food down on the table before hand. "Guys! How long has it been? 2 weeks?!" Jiyong exclaimed. 

"Seunghyun ah!" Jiyong called, "give me a hug, don't you miss me?!" he said sarcastically. His grin was so wide you could see the gums of his mouth, and all his teeth, well, not all his teeth. His eyes were barely visible, that mischievous eye smile of his.

"I didn't miss you at all." Seunghyun replied with a pokerly face, but eventually, they both burst out laughing, and gave each other big brotherly bear hugs. Then joined in Taeyang. "Why am I always last?!" he said. All 5 of them, gathered in a circle, embracing one another, could 2 weeks really be that long? 

We were interrupted by Doctor Jin, who came in. Then suddenly, it became quiet. 

"Doctor!" Yi Min exclaimed. "Are we ready yet Yi Min ah?" he asked kindly. She simply smiled and nodded her head.

"Dara Unnie, your welcome." she said proudly. "Wha-what's going on?" me and Jiyong both said at the same time. He sighed, and stepped aside for a small lady, a bit shorter than me, to come in. She wore a simple dark green sweater with black slacks and shoes. Her hair was messily tied backwards, but she caried an envelope in her hands. We all looked at her, confused.

"Mommy, won't you say hello?" Yi Min asked the lady in her high voice. Her mother. I was about to stand up from my bed to greet her, but was interrupted. 

"Oh no no no, there's no need. I should be the one bowing." She gestered me to stay put, right in front of me, she bowed a full 90 degrees. Stunned, I too stood up and bowed, and as did the others too. A huge rush of pain rushed through my lower stomach, my kidneys were getting worse and worse by the day. Taeyang and Jiyong helped me back on my bed. 

"I'm Yi Min's mother, Son Jae Rin." she said with a sad smile on her face. 

"Oh, oh my, Hello. I'm Park Sandara. I-I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone else to come, it's a mess in here-" I said awkwardly.

"It's fine, I came here, to give you this actually." She handed me the manila envelope in her hand, and stepped a bit forward. Curious, I asked, "What is it?" I looked inside, and took out a couple of papers. 

"It's the papers needed for your transplant." I looked at her in huge shock, as did the others, and Jiyong.

"What?" Jiyong asked unbelievably. I turned my head towards the papers, and on it, it read, "Certificate of Transplant Approval" "The legal gaurdian of the deceased patient has approved legal organ donation to the person in need of it..." On the very bottom of the page, it was signed by Son Jae Rin. Unbelievably, I looked at her.

"Excuse me? I-I don't understand... What do you mean?" I asked. She simply smiled. "Because of how much Yi Min cares about you, she begged for me to allow her sisters body organs to be donated. Originally, I refused, but eventually, I saw how much it meant for her, what it would have meant for her sister, my daughter, and you." My eyes widened at the shock.

"She was healthy and alive before she was involved in the accident." Dr. Jin interrupted. "She's not too young, or old, kidney size is just about right, plus, she's O negative too." he said happily. A smile spread across my face, Jiyongs face, and everyone else's face. 

"But, what about me? Does that mean you don't need my kidneys anymore?" Jiyong asked. Doctor Jin shook his head. Everything was fine. Everything was fine, great, perfect. I didn't know how else to thank her, or Yi Min.

"Ms. Son, Yi Min, I-I don't know how else to thank you. I-I'm so thanksful really. I-I don't know how-"

"Don't bother." Ms. Son said softly. "Thank you, for being such a good friend to my Yi Min. Thanks to you, thanks to you too Yi Min, I can finally let go of the burden I once held... Thank You." she said.

Doctor Jin left, Yi Min left the room, and Ms. Son was just about to leave, until I called her.

"U-Um, wait!" I managed to call out. She turned around to face me.

"What was her name?" I asked. "What was your daughters name?" She took a deep breath, and smiled softly, sadly, "Kim Yoo Sun" she said softly. "That was her name... Kim Yoo Sun" She then walked out.

"Kim Yoo Sun..."I said, "Kim Yoo Sun" Jiyong said. "Thank you." we all whispered. 

---------------------------------------------------Day of the Transplant------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The needles that carried the anesthesia in my arm were freaking me out, I could feel the cold breeze coming from the open window outside.

"Are you ready?" Jiyong asked as we lay next to each other, squished in the hospital bed. 

"No, not really. I'm scared, but, happy, is that weird?" I asked. "Not really." he said. I shivered, even with his arms around me, I was cold.

"Are you cold?" he asked curiously. I looked at him, "No." he smirked and saw through my lie. "Hold on." he said as he sat up and took  off his white sweater, revealing his back. He handed me the sweater, and tucked in the covers of my blanket a bit more tightly. 

"Thanks." I said. He was about to put on his t-shirt, but then I noticed something around his shoulder. "Wait." I said as I grabbed his right shoulder, "What's that?" I said pointing to the black ink I could barely see from here. He turned around and saw what I was pointing at. Suddenly his face lit up.

"Oh, this!" he said excitedly. He bent down lower so I could read it. "Too fast to live, too young to die..." I read.

"A tattoo? Why? And why that?" I asked. He simply smiled. "When I decided to give up my life for you, and thought I was also going to die, I realized, that we're actually really young." he said amazingly. 

"And?" I continued.

"Well, we think time goes by really slowly when we're living, but then, when we think our end is coming near, we realize that it actually went by in a blink of an eye. Remember back in highschool? Who would have thought we'd still be together, or that we'd be here, now... In a blink of an eye, who would have thought we'd be here, in this room? Then I realized its too early, time passed by TOO fast for us to LIVE. And that we're too YOUNG to go now and DIE." he said astonishined. I thought for a moment... Too fast to live... Too young to die. It made sense.

"Amzing isn't it?" he said amazed. " And then I thought about you." he said.

"About me?" I asked. "Yeah... I knew I loved you, a lot Dara. But when I was getting this," he the tattoo on his shoulder, "I realized, that I'd do anything for you, that I'd go to the extent of DYING for you even." he said. A rush of happiness came inside me. I was touched, I just loved him a little bit more now, I was happy, and not scared anymore. Unknowingly, a teardrop fell. A tear of joy. 

"I love you Dara." he said looking into my eyes and holding my hands. "I really, really, love you." he said softly.

That was it. That's all it took for me to start crying like a baby. He saw, then chuckled to himself. He kissed me passionately, carefully, lovingly, long. I needed to catch my breath. It's been months since we've kissed. and it felt like Heaven.

"I love you so much Jiyong." I whispered in his ear. I really did love him.

We held hands, and breathed together, our feelings for each other just pouring out through the touch of our hands. In that moment, he kneeled down on his one knee, shirtless, holding my hand. He took from his pocket, a white box. My heart started to beat, fast. It skipped several beats, and that same feeling I had when we first kissed, that first moment when I first realized I loved him, all came flooding back into me. I covered my mouth, shocked of what was about to happen. He looked at me, with soulful, beautiful eyes, and opened the white box. I gasped, I shook, I cracked a smile. A beautiful diamond ring, in the shape of an infiniti sign, was place inside the beautiful white box.

"Sandara Park..." he said slowly. "Sandara... Park" he said even slower. "I was supposed to do this after your surgery, but I can't wait anymore..." he said slightly smiling. He looked straight at me, and came closer. "I love you..." he said, "I promise to love you, everyday, for the rest of our days." he said smiling even wider. "And I promise I'll propose again, properly some time soon." he said cracking a chuckle. I chuckled along with him, but couldn't much. Tears were flowing down my cheeks, and onto the pillow. "I've never been so sure, or happy in my life, until I met you." he said louder. "Will you... Marry me?" he said shyly. He looked into my eyes, worried, unsure, shy, he looked at me with his willful eyes, awaiting my response.

I've never loved another person ever in my life. No one could make me feel the way he makes me feel. No one could ever make me cry like this, except for him. I was sure, and I've never been so sure in my life. I knew what to say. He waited, and waited. Then I uncovered my mouth...

"Yes." I managed to say through the hapiness I tried to withhold. "Yes, yes yes..." I said reaching my hand to him. His worried expression turned into a huge smile, that same smile I loved. "Really?" he said, "Yes!" I exclaimed happily as I reached over and hugged him, embraced him tightly. I laughed, I cried, I smiled.

He laughed, he cried, he smiled. He kissed me hard and long, in between breaths he said I love you. I've never been this happy.

"Ms. Park?" Doctor Jin called, "They're waiting for you." We both looked at him, then at each other.

"You'll be just fine." he said. I paused.

"You promise?" I said. He smiled at me, the same smile I loved.

"I'll be waiting." he kissed me one last time on the lips, then on the forehead. They wheeled my bed away, and the anesthesia started to kick in. Then suddenly, I saw him. I saw Jiyong, waiting for me. He was wearing a white tuxedo, and was standing in a green garden, with trees, flowers, animals. He smiled, and handed me his hand. 

"What are you waiting for?" he said, "Come to me!" he said excitedly. With his hand stretched out to me, and his smile which was meant for me, I started to run to him. I started to run, but didn't get any closer. Instead, he started getting further, and further.

"Jiyong?" I asked confusingly. "Jiyong?!" I yelled. He was gone, and I was alone in the beautiful green garden. All the animals were gone, Jiyong was gone. There was no one except for me.

Then, there was a light...