Too fast to live, too young to die

[Haru Haru Inspired]

Jiyong P.O.V

"Right here?" the man asked me.

"Yes, and no longer past my shoulder alright?" he nodded and started the needle with ink. It stung, like a needle pricking into your skin very slowly, but that was just it. That's exactly what was happening.

"Is this your first time?" he asked me to lighten up the mood. "Huh?" I said blankly, he looked at me. "Getting a tattoo, is it your first time?" I paused, "Oh... yeah." he chuckled, "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me amusingly. "It's nothing." I ignored him, and looked at myself in the mirror in front of me. My shirt was off, and I could see the tissues of blood on the table next to the man. He dipped the needle in ink, and started again. 

"It's for us." I thought outloud. The guy seemed to have heard it, and answered me. "What?" he asked curiosly. "It's for me, and my girlfriend." there was a brief moment of silence. "So, why'd you want to put this on your back? Something wrong with her or something?" I sighed and kept quiet for a moment. "Yeah..." He looked at me briefly, "Is she sick or something?" he asked. 

I paused for a moment. "Yeah." he felt the mood and decided to keep quiet for a while.

"Well, it's all done." he said 10 minutes later. "Wanna take a look?" he handed me a mirror, and took off his gloves. I stood my back faced to the mirror, and held another mirror in front of me, positioning it to my top right shoulder.

"too fast to live, too young to die" it read. I reached over my shoulder, and touched the ink, i could still feel my skin over it.

"It's perfect." I said, "Thanks."

-------------------------------------------------- Back at hospital---------------------------------------------------------

"Dara?" the doctor came in her room. "Oh, doctor." she said weakly. He took a seat next to her bed.

"Any luck yet?" she asked weakly. I could barely hear what she was saying through the curtain. She didn't sound like her.

"Yup, actually... we found a donor just a couple days ago." he said oddly optimistically. 

Her eyes lit up, and her voice became lighter. "Really? Is it true? You're not lying?" she asked. He nodded his head, "actually, that person's here right now."

"Really?" he nodded, he gestured towards the curtain, "You can come in now." he said. My heart was beating rapidly, and suddeenly I started shivering. Slowly though, I opened the curtain, first showing my leg and stepping out of it. I clenched the book I was holding behind me, and appeared before her. She looked pale, skinny, weak, and wore a hat that covered her head. 

Suddenly, her bright eyes turned into a shocked stare. And suddenly, the bright aura of hers, suddenly dissipitated. She was shaking all of a sudden.

"Jiyong..." she said unsteadily. "wha-...what's going on." she said softly shaking. "why are you here." she said a bit louder. 

"Well, call me when you need me." doctor Jin said. He left the room, and closed the curtain. 

"Jiyong ah...." she said slowly, fearfully. As she spoke though, I took slow little steps towards her. "What's going on.. What he said just now..." her voice was shaking, and her eyes started to become red, "the donor." she asked,"Is you?" 

I couldn't speak right there, it's been weeks since I've last seen Dara, or even spoke to her. "It is isn't it." she said angrily. Her tone became louder and louder, she was getting angrier by the moment.

"Why.." she said holding it in. "WHY STUPID WHY?!" she yelled. "Why?! Why would you do such a thing to yourself?!" Without knowing it I started shaking and my eye sight became blurry, then tears started to fall. "Jiyong ah! Are you listening to me?!" she shouted.

I stopped walking a couple feet away from her bed, and carefully took out the book in my hand. Her eyes were on the book I was holding, her diary. Her eyes widened, and a couple tears fell from her eyes. "Where.-" she said shakingly. "Where'd you get that?" she demanded, still staring at it.

I fiddled with it for a moment, then looked her in the eye. "You lied." I said my voice shaking. "You lied to me you lied to my face-"

"This has nothing to do with you. And what the heck were you thinking donating something so important Jiyong?!" she yelled. "Don't talk about this now I need to get things straight-" I said as calmly as I could.

"Nothing! Jiyong! Theres nothing you need to get straight! It's over remember? Just get out of my room and leave, you-you need to tell the doctor that your not having the surgery and just leave alright?!" she was angry, pissed, but there were tears falling from her eyes.

"I'M. NOT. GOING. ANYWHERE." I said sternly. My voice and body was shaking, my vision was watery and blurry. "And is it really over Dara? Really?" I said as I came closer leaning on the rails of her bed. 

"Yes it's over Jiyong. I don't like you anymore alright! I don't want to have anyhting to do with you-"

Pissed off already, I removed her hat and threw it on the chair behind me. Afraid to look back at her, I stared at the hat on the chair for a moment, but slowly turned my head to her. She looked dumb founded, and said "What the heck Jiyong?!"

I made a heavy sigh of releif. "I was right." I said more calmly. "You still care." she gave me a confused look. I quickly hugged her tight in my arms. And as I imagined, she felt skinnier.

"Yah! Jiyong, ah. Stop it, let go. I said it's over remember?! I don't love you anymore." she said struggling to get me off. Slowly I let go, and looked her in the eye.

"Stupid, if you really didn't care, then why would you still be wearing this beanie I gave you under that hat?" I said patting her head. Her eyes suddenly widened in realization. Her hands were on her head, desperately trying to cover it. "You, what are you talking about? I only wore it because my head was getting cold!-" I hugged her again, less tighter than before.

"Stop lying now." I said. "I know it already, I know everything now." She was silent, and she settled down a bit.

"Y-you.. Stupid, even if you know you shouldn't go to this extent!" she said shakingly. I could hear her sobbing. But I kept quiet for a moment.

"Jiyong?" she said nudging me. "Yah, even if you know you shouldn't be like this all of a sudden. Come on just let this one go, there's other donors out there." she said desperately. "Jiyong ah.." she said choking on her words.

"Shut up." I said with a shaking voice. I could feel it coming. My chest started shaking, and my eyes became more watery, and eventually, tears...

"Alright." she said . "Alright." she said holding me tight, I could hear her sniffles and sobbing voice. I sighed with releif.

"I missed you." I said in her ear. She smiled with , and chuckled to herself. "I Missed you too."