Understanding

Yes...Ma'am


Sunny glared at him. " What the hell are you doing here?"

Donghae didn't say anything.

Sunny was beyond infuriated. Who the hell did he think he was? What business did he have here? The nerve of him." Answer me Donghae! You don't just pop unexpectedly at your Commander's house without an explanation."

He looked at her hesitantly, she rolled her eyes. He was asking for it. If he didn't answer in two seconds she was sure she was going to throw the guy out the window. " This is ridiculous."

Donghae sighed and pulled himself off her bed. " Look, Sunny. Soonkyu. Commander Lee, whatever you prefer me calling you, I may not fully know what I did wrong to make you feel this way, but I've decided I will stop at nothing to make things better between us. I kept thinking about what you said back then in your room and I don't want you to feel that way anymore. I'm going to regain your trust no matter what it takes, even if you push me away over and over again."

Sunny wanted to cry. This boy. This man. He really was too good for her. Maybe Taeyeon was wrong. Maybe she should just give him up. I mean, it wasn't like they were allowed to date anyways, not unless one of them gave up their positions. Sunny wasn't sure she would be willing to do that. It took her years to finally get to the top and to let it all go for a guy who she barely knew? It wouldn't look right. " Why are you doing this?"

He saw her teary eyes and stepped towards her, engulfing her in his arms. He hated to see her cry. It made her look so fragile, so weak. He thought she would break into pieces at that very moment in his arms. Her innocence only made him think she was even more loveable. He whispered into her ear, " Don't cry. I'm sorry, did I say something stupid?"

She stayed still, afraid of what he might do next. He slowly rubbed her back, trying his best to calm her down. He had to convince her. He wanted to make things better with her, because she was his Bunny, his Sunny Bunny, so to speak. He wanted to call her that again, to be that close to her once more. " Your important to me, Sunny. Just know that, ok?"

Sunny hesitantly nodded and pulled away from him, trying to break the awkward atmosphere that was slowly starting to build up between them. This wasn't right. He shouldn't have been there. But she felt safer with him there. She didn't want to admit it, but for a moment she was actually glad he came. " How did you get here?"

He cleared his throat and laughed nervously. " I uh...kind of stowed away."

Sunny's eyes widened. Ok maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Her overjoyed feeling of his stay at her house disappeared in a split second. " You what?"

Donghae laughed and playfully nudged her side. She was so gullible. He loved that about her. " I'm just kidding with you. Chief gave me temporary leave. He asked why and I just said it was a family emergency."

She looked at him accusingly. As if the Chief would believe that right? She was sure they weren't exactly family. " This doesn't seem like an emergency to me."

Donghae tapped her nose affectionately. " Well it is to me. Believe that."

They stood there for a moment without words, revelling in the moment of them actually speaking to each other again, until Sunny remembered why she had come up to her room in the first place. " Oh yeah, dinner's ready sooo um..."

Donghae chuckled nudging her shoulder. " Your so weird."

Sunny frowned and followed him out the door, poking the back of his head. " I am not!"

He laughed at her immaturity, letting her lead the way to the kitchen downstairs. He liked being able to talk to her this way again. " So what are we having?"

Sunny shrugged, trudging towards the dining table where her parents waited. " Don't know, but it's my mom's cooking so it's bound to be great!"

The day ended quickly and it was time for everyone to get to bed. Her parents bid good night to both Sunny and Donghae. Her father leaned in hugging Sunny. " I'm so glad you're back!" Sunny smiled as he pulled away and slapped Donghae lightly on his back, " And it was very nice meeting you my boy. I hope you enjoy your stay here." Donghae bowed in respect, thankful for his hospitality.

Her mother laughed and kissed her on the cheek and bid Donghae good night. " Oh Sunny why don't you show our guest around tomorrow?"

Sunny nodded eyeing Donghae. " Sure, but I'll probably be a terrible tour guide. It's been so long since I came here."

Her parents laughed and her mom patted her shoulder. " You'll be fine! This is your home. Besides it'll be fun. Maybe you can introduce him to 
the girls. Jessica's been hoping for a boyfriend for decades. Get him a date." Her mom winked playfully.

Sunny's eyes widened at her mom's words. She was not serious right. " Oh my God! What?"

Donghae laughed as Sunny's cheeks reddened. Her mother slapped his chest and jerked her head towards her daughter. " She'll hook you up."

Sunny shook her head in disbelief and shoved her mom towards her parents room. " Mom! That's enough for tonight. Good night, love you. Get to bed!" She closed the door behind them and sighed in relief hearing her mother's laughter from inside their room.

Donghae laughed and Sunny slapped him, her cheeks reddening once again. " Stop laughing it's not funny. That was so embarrassing."

He shrugged, enjoying teasing her. " I thought it was funny."

Sunny rolled her eyes and walked down the hall towards the family room, gesturing Donghae to follow her. " Come on."

She walked in and opened the doors on the far end of the room, revealing a large balcony with comfy chairs and flowers. It had a perfect view of Seoul, the hustle and bustle of the city could be seen below.

Donghae followed her outside and took a seat on a chair across from hers. " It's beautiful."

Sunny smiled softly and stared out at the bright lights and tall buildings. " I used to come out here a lot. It was a nice place to just clear my mind and think about things."

Donghae leaned forward and propped his elbows on his knees. " And what are you thinking about now?"

Sunny looked at him, I mean really looked at him, and shrugged. " I can't tell you. One day I will Donghae, but right now I can't."

He looked back at her and it seemed as though a silent message was passed between the two of them, and he nodded understandingly. " Ok. I'll wait for that day."

Sunny leaned back in her chair and took in the fresh air, finally feeling relaxed after a long day of mixed emotions and surprising events. 

Donghae watched her. The way her milky white skin shined under the moon light, the way her long lashes seemed to stretch a small shadow across her cheek, the way she smiled softly as she rested her head on the pillow propped up behind her head and stared out into the distance, it all made his heart skip a beat. He didn't know why he felt this way, but he liked it. He may have only known her for almost a year, half of which he stupidly thought she was his hard headed Commander who held little to no remorse towards everyone she knew, but after talking to her, getting to know her personally , in that moment he realized where his thoughts of her truly stood. He realized how magnificent and beautiful a woman could really be. " Sunny." He called out to her, the name rolling off his tongue, giving him chills.

She snapped out of her trance and looked at him curiously. " Hmm?"

Her eyes twinkled and he tensed up. His throat got dry and he almost forgot how to breathe, his hands got wet and clammy. " Um..I..uh you.." Donghae tried to find his words, he wanted to tell her, " Yeah um, your parents are nice." He sighed in defeat, he couldn't say it. He was a coward.

Sunny laughed at his dorkiness, throwing her head back and letting all her worries go. " Your so random Donghae!"

He chuckled and nodded. " It's the truth they are!"

Sunny shook her head and thought back to the events that occurred a few moments ago. " Yeah well maybe they're a little too nice."

Donghae pointed at her teasingly. " You still gonna hook me up?"

She gasped and slapped his hand, quickly covering her face afterwards. " Shut up! That was so embarrassing."

Donghae didn't answer for a moment and watched her soft, slender fingers slowly ease off her face, her cheeks still a small shade of red. " Sunny?"

She raised an eyebrow. " What?"

He smiled. " I wouldn't want you to set me up with any of your friends." She only stared at him, confused. " I wouldn't want you to set me up because I already have someone in mind."

She was quiet for a moment, her shoulders were slumped and she looked at him with such disappointment. He didn't want her to look at him that way anymore. He liked her calm face she wore just a moment ago. Sunny whispered just loud enough for him to hear. " Who?"

He wanted to tell her. He wanted to tell her so bad, but his throat got dry again and his hands clammy. So all he did was watch her bite her lips, her sweet pink lips, in anticipation and said, " I can't tell you right now, it just isn't the right time, but when I do...trust me, you'll be the first to know."

And once again a moment of understanding, a pact of some sorts, was made between the two.

 

Yes it's been awhile, I don't know it has to me anyways but I had some personal problems occur so sorry about that. But I've posted another chapter and yes the HaeSun couple's relationship is finally forming! Woohoo~ more drama next chapter!

See you soon :)