We shouldn't see each other

Yes...Ma'am

"What?"

Donghae choked on his saliva and looked at her in disbelief, was this what they called true irony

Donghae felt his heart tighten and he looked down, he couldn't even meet her eyes anymore. " And you didn't tell me?".

Sunny quickly turned around and shook her head. " No you don't understand, it's not like that! It's actually a long story.".

Donghae scowled and leaned back into his bed. " I'm listening.".

Sunny looked down and played with her fingers, biting her lip. " Well, I first met Sungmin at a bar in downtown Seoul. I was 16 at the time. A couple of my friends had asked me to go out with them and I couldn't exactly say no.".

Sunny sighed and sat on the edge of Donghae's plain hospital bed. " I ran into him on the way out and suddenly, we clicked. He had seemed so perfect to me.".

Donghae stopped her, sceptic with her choice of words. " Seemed?".

Sunny looked at him annoyance, " Yes, now moving on.".

Donghae put his hand up, surrendering and continued to listen to her story.

" Everyday he would bring me flowers," Sunny began again, " There wasn't a single day in which I didn't receive a flower and a sweet letter on my doorstep and after one year of being in a relationship with him, I found him cheating on me with me my cousin.".

Sunny stopped and took a deep breath. This whole story seemed to be very hard to explain for her.

Donghae put his hand on her shoulder. " You don't have to continue if you don't want to.".

Sunny shook her head and continued. " A couple years later we were engaged, an arranged marriage.  After we had gotten married, he began to change. He came home drunk every night and he would yell at me for hours, throwing things around, making a mess. I thought it was just a phase, but then one night he came home, grabbed me, flung me into our room, and me.". 

Donghae's eyes widened, he had no idea what had happened to her and just a minute ago he was questioning his trust in her.

Sunny didn't pay attention to his reaction as small tears burned her eyes. " I didn't know what to do after that. I tried to forget about it, but I soon realized there was no place for me in that house any longer. I filed a divorce, signed the papers, and moved out. The divorce documents were sent to him 4 years ago and he still hasn't sent them back. That's why I joined the army, to get away from him.".

Donghae awkwardly sat there and didn't know what to do as Sunny cried. " But now he's found me...and...I don't know what to do.".

Donghae grabbed her neck and pulled her into a warm hug. " Sunny bunny, I'm so sorry.".

Sunny's heart warmed at the sound of her nickname while she continued to cry her heart out on his shoulder.

A small knock was heard on the door. Donghae shot his head to the right and called out curiously. " Who is it?".

Sunny wiped the tears from her eyes as the door slowly opened, and Sungmin slowly walked in. " Hey, man.".

Sungmin looked at Sunny and winked, making his way to Donghae, a smirk upon his face. He put out his hand in front of Donghae's face. " Hey, sorry about hitting you. No hard feelings?".

Donghae stared at the suitor's hand and scowled, slapping away Sungmin's hand. " Over my dead body.".

Sungmin chuckled and stepped back in surrender. " Whoa, a little feisty now are we? Okay, cool, I get it.".

Sungmin turned to Sunny and put his hand on hers, chuckling as she stiffened. " Sunny, can you come with me? There's something I know we both need to talk about.".

Donghae clenched his teeth, while Sunny was pulled along the room. " Sungmin let her go and get the f*** out of here!!!".

Sungmin turned around giving him glares and scoffed. " What gives you the right to do that? She is my WIFE after all.".

Donghae nodded, knowing Sungmin was expecting a more exaggerated reaction. " I know, you son of a b****! Now get out of here before I call someone to you out!".

Sungmin glared and let go of Sunny's hand. " Fine, but that doesn't mean I'm leaving forever. I will be back.". 

Donghae watched him go and muttered to himself. " Yeah, we'll see about that.".

Sunny let out a sigh of relief and walked back towards him. " Thank you for that.".

Donghae shook his head and patted the space left on his bed. " Come here, we need to talk about something important.".

Sunny's face read worry as she sat down and gave him an uneasy look. " What about?".

" Us." It was that one word uttered from Donghae's mouth that sent a flurry of emotions through Sunny's body.

She was overjoyed. Maybe he was going to say he liked her and that he wanted them to go out. At the same time, she was scared. She felt it wasn't the right time with Sungmin there and it almost seemed as if things were moving too fast.\

Donghae continued to talk due to Sunny's silence. " What exactly do you think is going on between us?".

Sunny looked down and shook her head. " I don't know, Donghae. I really don't know.".

" I mean I think we're just best friends who are exceptionally close, right?" Donghae was trying hard not to say the word friend, but it slipped and he regretted it. He never wanted to be just friends with her to be completely honest.

" Oh yeah, right. Friends." It tore Sunny part. Was this supposedly just some little game to him? Did he not get the same feelings she would when they were together? She felt betrayed even though they never went out. The words "friends" was something she felt just shouldn't be used between her and Donghae.

" I mean, you get it right? Your still with Sungmin. Plus, it would be kind of weird if it seemed like I was hitting on my own Commander don't you think?" Donghae smiled and tried to lighten up the sudden moody atmosphere. He couldn't help but feel like what he was doing was wrong. He really did like her, but at this moment, it just didn't feel right for him to like this woman who was way beyond his league.

Sunny laughed bitterly and nodded. " Yeah, icky." she abruptly got off the bed and turned to him with a smile. " You know what? I think we just shouldn't see each other in general. Maybe you should just get a new Commander too. That'd just be weird. Me being your friend and Commander at the same time, weird right?".

And with that she walked out of the room, leaving him speechless. Donghae knew he had done something wrong again, and this time he had a feeling he wasn't going to be forgiven this time.

 

 

 

 

Hey guysssss, wassup? I am SOOOOOOOO SORRRY I haven't updated in like FOREVER, but I got my laptop taken away since I literally had like 6 DIFFERENT PROJECTS TO DO and they weren't easy so my mom took my laptop so I could concentrate on my school work. I'm also sorry for the short chapter as well since it's Finals week and I need to go study :'( But hey this is my last week and then it's Summer baby and by then you'll probably be seeing TONS OF UPDATES by me :) Thanks for the support!

 

Love,

Kira heart