pale-cream seashells

The Hidden Message.

Chihoon pouted, making the cutest face he could possibly do in an attempt to convince Shinyeong to tag along to the beach. Hamin rolled his eyes and looked away, disgusted at how mushy his friends could be, even when in company. He found it amazing that Chihoon and Shinyeong could fully ignore him eventhough he was standing not more than 3 metres away. Hamin let out a sigh. He could never be this comfortable with anyone.

Shinyeong poked her tongue out at Chihoon, wriggling her nose at the same time. "Next time dummy, I have to go home and help umma!" Shinyeong chirped. She stepped forward to hug the two boys briefly before turning around and heading home. They waited till she turned at the corner before heading off to the beach themselves.

"So, I went over to your appartment last night to drop off a letter" Chihoon started. "I found it in my bag, but your name was on the envelope, so yeah" He continued. "You werent home, where were you?"

Hamin stopped walking and let out a sigh. He turned to look at Chihoon, wondering why the letter couldnt wait till morning. He let out a giggle, though it sounded like he had phlegm stuck in his throat. "I was over at Ahri's. Im going to be staying there at the moment" Hamin spoke in a serious tone. Chihoon looked like he wanted to faint. He scratched his head, clearly confused at the situatuion. Didnt Hamin and Ahri deny being together? Now theyre staying in the same appartment? 

"I thought you said...." Chihoon questioned, but Hamin cut him of "You thought right. And were not together, Im just staying there so nobody can hurt the girl" Hamin explained.

The boys walked by the shore of the beach, breathing in the soothing beach air and walking through the relaxing beach breeze. It had been a long time since they went to the beach. The last time they went, they were still young kids with nothing to stress about. Hamin stopped in his tracks to pick up a pale-cream seashell, flipping it in his hand. He smiled, remembering how much of these seashell Ahri used to collect. Ahri would pull Shinyeong to wherever she thought there might be pretty shells such as the one Hamin was holding.

The boys walked along the shore awhile more, before stopping and resting over at the breakwater. Chihoon noticed the shell in Hamin's hand, tilting his head slightly. Hamin kept the seashell in his t-shirt pocket, patting it after. "Its for Ahri, remember how she used to go crazy when she saw beautiful seashells like these?" Hamin laughed as he explained to Chihoon, after he saw the look on his friend's face.

Hamin's phone vibrated and rang his text tone in his pant pocket.

He pulled it out to check who it was.

From : Song Ah Ri ♥

Hamin-ah~ Head home now, I need to talk to you.