Chapter 6

Wrong Time, Wrong Date, Wrong Year

Yoon's POV

I was freaking tired. Work had gone by slowly, since Ailee hated  me now. It was no longer a playful, vibrant, blue sky feeling that it had been when Ailee was in my life. Yes, I regret dumping her. But I also miss her. UGH, it's complicated. But I need to move on.

"Hey, wait up!" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Tristan running after me.

"Ya, what?" I said turning around fully.

"Wanna grab a bite? I know you're hungry. You were complaining all day. So I thought, maybe I'll treat him."

I stared at her. I almost laughed. Uh, it's a 15 year old girl asking a 23 year old man to dinner.

"Uh.." I began to say.

"Come on, please." She pouted.

"What's with the sudden love for me?I thought you hated me." 

She looked down at her feet.

"You did a good job today. Didn't even yell at me once." 

She blushed???????Okay, what is this?

"Oh, I see." I said, trying not to smile.

Ahahaha.

"Well, okay. But you're paying." I laughed.

"DUH." 

She laughed and grabbed my hand.

We walked into a small corner restraunt. I guess it was some sort of Italian-American spin-off..called it the Grape Vine. All of the people turned to look at me and Tristan. Like we had just been crowned king and queen of England. 

"How did you find out about this place?" I said, looking around.

"I walk by everyday. They know who I am...I think?" 

I swear, by the time we got to our table all eyes were on us.

"Hey, stop staring." She said, looking at the menu.

"Me, stop staring?! Tell them to stop staring at us. It's just a boss and his employee eating dinner."

"Yea, his 15 year old employee. Nothing weird about that." 

I glared at her, shifting in my seat. I was uncomfortable for obvious reasons.

"What can I get you to drink?" The waitress eyed me, lustfully.

I was getting even more uncomfortable now.

"Uh..I'll take a water." I said, almost falling out of my chair from the constant shifting.

"Will do, sir!" She beamed.

She turned to walk away.

"HEY. WAIT!" I shouted to her.

She turned back around and almost tripped herself to run back to the table.

"Yes!?" She looked scared.

"You forgot her...she wants something to drink too." 

The waitress frowned and turned to look at Tristan.

"You?" She sneered.

"Treat her like you did me....Ms.Sungha" I nodded to her name tag.

She smiled at me and turned back to Tristan.

"Be right back with your drinks.." 

"WOW...she was a ." Tristan scoffed.

We got our food later. We talked about work and other things. But the most interesting things were about her. I didn't know a kid wanted to do so much with her life. She was in America for half of her life then moved here and had to learn the language within two years. She was bullied and made fun of for being black and not having pale skin. She was actually pretty cool. But she was 8 years younger than me.

We walked outside after eating, everyone still staring. 

"Well, I can walk the rest of the way home. See ya at work tomorrow."

She her heel and started to walk away.

"WAIT." 

She turned around to face me.

"YEA?" She looked confused.

"Thanks for paying. Ahah." I laughed nervously.

"No problem, cheapskate." She smiled and continued walking off.

I scratched my head.  She was cool...she was really cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day

"AIGOOO" 

"What's wrong, Yoon." Tristan looked at me, then tugged at the dress she was wearing.

"We don't have your catalog together and the Fashion Columnist are coming tomorrow." 

"SSOOOO." 

Tristan just didn't get it. This was the difference between me and big ol' fat paycheck...or being guttered.

"Tristan...WE NEED TO HAVE THAT CATALOG TOGETHER." 

"Why?" 

"I need the money." I stared into her eyes.

"UGH, FINE."

She walked around me to get her portfolio but ended up tripping and falling on to my chest. All I felt then was my body heat up and saw her start to flash different shades of red,pink, and purple beneath her skin.