Chapter 3

Wrong Time, Wrong Date, Wrong Year

Tristan's POV

I walked into the room. A woman was sitting behind her desk staring at me. She looked in her fourties, but surpisingly, she didn't look aged. I walked over next to Yoon slightly initmidated by this woman now. Before I could even get a word out, she took off her glasses, stared at me again and said 

"Yoon, what the hell is this."

I looked over to the guy whose name I just found out to be Yoon.

"What do you mean?" He said, keeping his eyes on her.

"What do you think? How can you expect us to get more sales if we put a monkey on the cover of our magazine." She said, enraged.

She had just called me a monkey. I felt anger boil up to my mouth...I tried to keep it down, but now it was overflowing.

"Excuse me! Who do you think you are to call me a monkey, whatever you see on TV or go to the zoo and see is not the same thing as me. Am I walking on all fours? Do I have fur? Am I sitting in a tree eating a banana? Didn't think so...so before you go calling people some type of animal...do your research on what they look like." 

I couldn't believe I had just said that. It felt good, but what also felt good was the way I walked out right after saying it. I didn't need this and I didn't ask to be what this prejudice company was looking for.

I was almost to the entrance of the building when someone grabbed me from behind. This time, I wasn't going to let it happen. I elbowed the person in the crotch and punched them in the face then ran off.

"WAIT! Please!" I heard a voice say.

I turned around to see that the person I had assaulted was the same person that had kidnapped me.

I stopped in my tracks and stared at him with anger in my eyes.

"What the hell do you want now?! Did you hear what that...woman said to me. Obviously, I am NOT what you guys are looking for. I'm going home." 

I turned around again.

"Please...she wants to see you!" He yelled to me.

"What? So she can ridicule me more. No thanks!" I laughed.

"No! She wants to see you again!" 

"PLEASE!" He cried.

"Ugh, fine..." I stormed past him back into the building, up the stairs, and barged into the woman's room.

"Yes?" I glared at her.

"Is that the way to approach your elders?" 

"You've got to be kidding me....you insulted me freely and I can't even say yes, informally." I spat at her.

She looked at me, then down at her papers.

"We want you for the job." She said, looking up at me again.

"Why?" I said, not believing a word.

"You're different...I'm sure if people see different, they'll want to pick it up. Even if this is a rather risky business move." 

"When do I start." I said, ignoring her last words.

"Today." She said, looking at Yoon, who had appeared beside me.

"Aish, fine." I walked out.

 

Yoon's POV

She walked out and asked me where to go next.

"Where am I going now?" She said, glaring at me.

I smiled, then took her hand. "Follow me."

We walked into a clear room with 5 girls and I sat her down on a sofa.

The girls didn't seem to notice, so I clapped my hands to get their attention. They all turned to look at me.

"We have a new model with us today, so please be nice and show her the ropes, I've got work to do." I said, looking at her.

I showed them who she was, smiled and walked out. 

Ailee stopped me in the hallway and kissed me.

"Yoon, it's our anniversary!!!" She hugged me.

I smiled at her, then I remembered her gift.

"I know!!! Where do you want to have dinner?" I asked.

"Your place, sounds fine." She said, winking at me.

I looked at her and blushed.

"Aish, stop doing that to me." I said, tickling her.

"Doing what?" She winked again, then skipped off.