Not a Real Update, Just a Side Story :)

Bittersweet Days

A/N: So, I wrote the side story for what happened between Junsu and Taeyeon. Really its more of how Seunghyun and Taeyeon started their relationship... D:

“Taeyeon, I’ll be back soon,” Junsu voice was heard through the phone. “I miss you”

 

“I miss you too,” she smiled, her hand swatting away Jaejoong. “Just come home safe.”

 

“I’ll see you soon, baby,” he cooed, making kissing noises through the phone. “I love you”

 

“I love you too.”

 

            After the two had said their goodbyes Taeyeon made sure to sock Jaejoong in the arm. He grabbed onto his arm in pain.

 

“What the hell Taeyeon?!” he groaned, laying on the floor and rolling around. “Best friends aren’t for hitting!”

 

“Then stop bothering me!” she yelled back, attacking his rolling figure. “Take that!”

 

“Yah, Taengoo!” he slapped her away. “What’s wrong with you?!”

 

“Whatever, you’re just angry because I just powned you,” she grinned childishly.

 

“Taengoo unni,” Seohyun walked in, after seeing Jaejoong she blushed. “Oh hi, Jaejoong oppa.”

 

“What is it Seo baby?” Taeyeon asked, Seohyun sitting down with the two.

 

“I wanted to know if you were coming to dinner,” she mumbled making Taeyeon crane her neck to hear her.

 

“Oh, sorry Seohyun, I’m waiting for Junsu,” Taeyeon apologized, and then thought of an idea. “You can go with Jaejoong though.”

 

“What?! No, I couldn’t!” she shyly hid her blushing face with her hands.

 

“It’s alright Seohyun,” Jaejoong smiled politely, then held out his hand to help her up. “I’ll take you.”

 

            Aware of Seohyun’s feelings towards Jaejoong, Taeyeon watched as the two left to eat dinner. Suddenly she sighed and stared at her phone, willing it to ring again so she could hear his voice. Taeyeon could feel her eyes grow heavy as she lied on her bed letting her eyes rest for a few moments.

 

He’ll be here soon. It’s not like I’ll miss him if a take a little nap.

 

            A few days later Junsu still hadn’t come back to school, and neither had he called his girlfriend. Taeyeon couldn’t believe that he hadn’t shown up, especially during this time.

 

Where could he be? She had been asking herself the same question since that night.

 

            She walked the familiar path to school, without noticing her things slipping from her fingers and clattering to the ground. She hurriedly tried to pick them up.

 

“What a klutz,” a familiar deep voice was heard, suddenly large hands picked up Taeyeon’s books.

 

“Thanks,” she said, when she looked up she recognized the boy from her class. “Seunghyun.”

 

“No problem,” he said, his eyes were narrowed in what seemed to be a glare. “Just be a little more careful next time.”

 

“I will,” she smiled, his expression turn to that of surprise. “Let’s go to class.” She offered.

 

            He didn’t answer, but still allowed himself to walk with her. She was indeed a beautiful girl, one he would never forget, one he felt sorry for.

 

“Taengoo!” up ahead Jaejoong was waving crazily at her.

 

“Yah! Where’s that crazy bastard you call a friend?” she yelled at him.

 

“I don’t know,” he pulled his hand awkwardly towards himself.

 

He’s lying to you. Seunghyun wanted to tell her, he knew where her boyfriend was, everyone did. Only she didn’t know.

 

“Whatever, he better have a freaking good excuse for not only missing our date, but also finals week!” she yelled punching Jaejoong in the arm. “Seunghyun hurry up, you’re lagging behind, we need to get to class!”

 

            He chuckled at her comment, speeding up his pace the three made it to class. Seunghyun sat with his friends as Taeyeon sat with hers.

 

“Yo, TOP, what are you doing with the Queenka?” one of Seunghyun’s friends asked.

 

“She’s interesting,” he replied, with a smirk he watched her accidentally drop her things to the floor.

 

“Class, I have great news!” Mrs. Kim, the school’s infamous history teacher, known for assigning projects like a crazy person. “You’re doing a project!”

 

“Oh snap, should’ve guessed,” Jaejoong said leaning back in his chair.

 

“And you’ll have partners,” she said, looking at Jaejoong with the stink eye. “Now let’s get started shall we?”

 

            The two sat there, Taeyeon awkwardly looking at a book, while Seunghyun just stared at her with his signature glare.

 

“Will you stop looking at me like that,” Taeyeon finally broke the silence.

 

“Like what?” he asked, his face showing confusion.

 

“You’re glaring and it’s kind of freaking me out,” she blurted, she was almost cowering away from him.

 

“I’m not glaring, this is my normal face,” Seunghyun replied, his mouth turned into a frown.

 

“Oh, my bad,” Taeyeon’s eyes widened, causing Seunghyun to laugh.

 

“No it’s alright. Happens all the time,” he said, still laughing at the small girl. “So, we should get started on this project.”

 

“Yeah,” she said, then she pulled the book in front of her and pointing at a picture. “We should do it on the Aztecs.”

 

“You’re kidding, right?” Seunghyun smirked, on the inside he was laughing at her.

 

“What? The Aztecs are cool,” she replied, taking the book she flipped through the pages. “I mean look at all these cool temple things.”

 

“You’re such a child,” he pushed her head to the side playfully, this caused Taeyeon to look up and glare at him.

 

“You wanna fight?” she asked angrily, her eyes were full of flames.

 

“I don’t th—”

 

            He didn’t even finish his sentence before Taeyeon pounced on him and pinched his cheeks. Seunghyun cried in pain, but she wouldn’t dare let go.

 

“Taeyeon! Get off of me!” he yelled, attempting at pushing her off of him. “I’m going to kill you!”

 

“Just try it Seunghyun!” she stuck her tongue out at him.

 

            Suddenly he stopped moving and looked up at her with a serious expression. Taeyeon, confused, still kept her hands intact. When Seunghyun suddenly smirked, she knew something bad was going down. Within seconds Taeyeon felt the cold tile flooring on her back, her face mere inches from Seunghyun’s.

 

“S-Seunghyun,” she stuttered, her breathing heavy.

 

“I’m going to kill you now,” he said, while pulling her hands from his cheeks. “You will die a slow and painful death.”

 

“Not if I can outrun you,” her smile returned to her face, making Seunghyun feel heat rise in his face.

 

            He didn’t say anything as she maneuvered from under him, suddenly running to the nearest exit, Seunghyun got up and followed suit.

 

            Everyday the two had been getting together to finish up their project, but everyday was ending too soon. Seunghyun sat with Taeyeon as they finished their model of an Aztec temple.

 

“Today’s our last day together,” he suddenly piped up, he didn’t want it to end.

 

“Yeah and Junsu still hasn’t come back,” she was irritated.

 

            Since their first day together Taeyeon started to tell Seunghyun about Junsu, about how she was worried about him, and that he hadn’t called her since a few weeks before.

 

“I think you need to talk to your friends about that,” Seunghyun let out vehemently.

 

            He knew it wasn’t much of his business, but she deserved to know what everyone else knew about her beloved boyfriend. Seunghyun didn’t want her to be in the dark anymore.

 

“What do you mean?” she asked, her face full of confusion. “Do you know something I don’t Seunghyun?”

 

            He wouldn’t answer but she knew something was up, the way he looked at her said it all. She got up suddenly and grabbed onto her wrist.

 

“Just promise that after you find out the truth you won’t cry alone,” he said, and with a stiff nod she walked out.

 

            The first person she saw was Jaejoong, she knew he’d tell her the truth, he had to they weren’t best friends for nothing.

 

“Jaejoong,” she called out to him and he stopped to look at her. “Where is he?”

 

“Who do you mean dear?” he asked with a smile.

 

“Don’t bull with me Jaejoong, tell me where he is,” she demanded, Jaejoong’s face fell and his eyes turned hard.

 

“Taeyeon I don’t think this is the right time,” he said, he didn’t want to tell her the truth.

 

“I don’t care about the right time, I need to know now,” she kept pushing until he gave in.

 

“He’s still with his parents,” he sighed, he knew this wasn’t his mess to clean up. “He ran into some complications after the party.”

 

“What kind of complications?” she eyed him suspiciously, her heart was racing, she needed to know the truth.

 

“Look, Taeyeon, don’t say I didn’t warn you,” he ruffled his hair and looked her in the eye. “He got drunk that night at the party and ended up sleeping with some girl he met.”

 

            Taeyeon looked at him surprised, it was an answer she didn’t expect. Junsu wasn’t the type to cheat.

 

He’s been avoiding me because of this?

 

            She shook her head in disbelief and pulled out her phone quickly dialing in a familiar number. Once he had picked up she could hear how tired he sounded, but it wasn’t a time to be weak.

 

“Hello?”

 

“We need to talk,” was her simple greeting.

 

“Taeyeon, I—”

 

“You what?” she cut him off. “Get your over here now so we can talk about this.”

 

            She didn’t even bother for a reply, she hung up and headed back towards the dorm, but not before glaring at her supposed ‘best friend’.

 

“Don’t think I’m not angry at you Jaejoong,” she said. “You are by definition the worst best friend in history.”

 

            Her eyes were welling up with tears, her legs no longer willing to carry her, Taeyeon let herself crumple to the ground and waited. For how long, not even she knew.

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

            Her heart ached at hearing his voice, she looked up to see his face, his eyes bloodshot, as if he had been crying.

 

“Was she pretty?” were the first words that spilled from Taeyeon’s mouth.

 

“Taeyeon,” he tried to pull her in for a hug, but she slapped his hands away not willing to let him touch her. “Please, just understand what’s going on.”

 

“There’s nothing to understand!” she yelled suddenly. “You slept with some !”

 

“It’s not what you think!” he yelled back, but there was no use, she was right. “Look, I’m sorry, okay? Let’s just forget this ever happened.”

 

“We can’t,” she cried. “I can’t.”

 

“Please,” he pleaded with her. “Taeyeon, I love you.”

 

“And I loved you,” she said, water droplets falling from her eyes. “But I can’t anymore.”

 

“Taeyeon,” his voice cracked, he didn’t want to lose her. “Let me at least explain.”

 

“Goodbye, Junsu,” she didn’t need to hear anything more, but instead walked back towards the school.

 

            She let her feet lead her to the school building and up the stairs, her heart ached with pain. She stumbled to her hands and knees when she had made it to the roof, her tears were freely falling from her face.

 

“What did I say about not crying alone?”

 

            Without answering him, Taeyeon could feel Seunghyun’s arms wrap around her small frame. Her sobs grew louder as she cried into his shoulder, his only way of comforting her.

 

“It’ll be alright.”

 

And for the first time in the last few weeks it was.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed... Now I'm going to do my Psych essay that's due Monday :)