Chapter Four

Bittersweet Days

“Sica!”

 

            I turned to see Tiffany running toward me at full speed, her expression that of excitement. She yelped happily while jumping up and wrapping her arms around my neck and spinning us around.

 

“Fany what the heck are you doing?!” I yelled and she immediately let go putting her arms to her sides.

 

“I was just excited to see you this beautiful morning,” she pouted her bottom lip jutting out. “I mean after everything you’ve done.”

 

“Hush up, I haven’t talked to Jaejoong yet,” I said. “So you’re going to have to wait to thank me until it’s officially over.”

 

“Still thank you Sica. You’ve done so much and this too,” she smiled happily.

 

“Let’s go to class,” I smiled in return as Fany hooked her arm with mine.

 

“Let’s,” she replied perkily.

 

            The two of us entered class and sat in our respective seats, mind next to Jiyong and hers next to Jaejoong. I smiled when I looked to see Jiyong smiling content.

 

“You look happy,” I nudged him playfully.

 

“I am,” he replied with a laugh.

 

“Yeah whatever ,” I said pulling out my textbook.

 

“Hey! I resent that!” he exclaimed.

 

“You know it’s the tru—”

 

“Class settle down,” Ms. Kim strolled in with a cheeky smile. “I’d like you all to welcome back Changmin.”

 

            And that’s when he walked in, the boy from yesterday. Sleeping on the bench like it was nobody’s business.

 

“It’s good to be back,” he smiled half-heartedly.

 

“Have a seat Changmin and we’ll start the lesson, I trust you did your homework while you were away,” she winked at him.

 

“I’m sorry ma’am, but there’s another student in my seat,” he replied.

 

“Jiyong get out of Changmin’s seat,” Ms. Kim ordered annoyed.

 

“It’s not my fault saem!! Jess is in my seat!” he exclaimed flailing his arms around wildly.

 

“Oh that’s right,” she thought aloud. “Well Jiyong go move to the back of the room or something!” she still ordered him to move.

 

“What?! Why me? Why not move Jessica?” he asked flabbergasted.

 

“She’s a new student, I’d like to keep her closer to the front,” she smiled and I chuckled as Jiyong grumbled and shuffled to the back of the room.

 

“A new student and stealing others seats, nice way to start out at a school,” Changmin said while settling in the seat next to mine.

 

“Excuse me?” I looked at him confused if he was talking to me or someone else.

 

“I’m just curious, are you a stalker or something?” he asked casually with a smirk starting to form on the corners of his lips.

 

“Excuse me?” I said even louder, this guy was crazy or something.

 

“I’m just vaguely remembering a girl that looks a lot like you standing over me gawking yesterday afternoon,” a full-fledged smirk appeared on his face as he let out a small chuckle, probably from my mouth hanging wide open.

 

“You should close your mouth before you catch flies,” he said using his long fingers to push up my jaw and successfully close my mouth.

 

            I snorted in return and turned my head briskly away from him. I didn’t need to deal with this jerk this early in the morning. I attempted to listen to the lesson, I really did but every time I let my eyes drift toward the clock my peripheral vision caught his face and I swear he was looking at me. Just not with his eyes.

 

“He was staring at you basically the whole time!” Tiffany squealed delighted as we sat in the library. I rolled my eyes at her.

 

“He said I was a stalker,” I stated feeling the anger boiling inside me. “Which makes him a jerk.”

 

“Sica just because he was joking a little bit doesn’t mean he doesn’t like you,” Fany tried to convince me but personally I didn’t want to hear it. “Just try and get to know him.”

 

“No, I don’t want to,” I crossed my arms in a childish manner and happily rejected her request.

 

“Come on Sica! He’s the smartest boy in our class, he’s good looking, and he seems to have a thing for you,” her smile grew wider.

 

“Those aren’t the only qualities I look for in a boy,” I stated unsatisfied with his boring credentials. “He may be smart and good looking but I want someone I can get to know, someone I can relate to not just the generic stuff.”

 

“Can you guys quiet down I’m trying to study,” the both of us looked to the table next to us to see Changmin reading a Physics textbook. “It’s annoying to have girls come in here to gossip all the time.”

 

“You’re just annoying,” I muttered detested with him.

 

“Yah Sica what happened to your cool façade you had when you first came to school a few weeks ago?” Fany asked pointedly.

 

“It died when I started hanging out with you,” I answered nonchalantly gathering up my things and leaving coolly.

 

“Wahhh she’s just so irritating sometimes. The way she just walks out all cool like that,” I heard Fany say as I pushed the door open.

 

            I was blocked by a rather tall body in front of me; I looked up to see none other than the pig himself. Kim Jaejoong.

 

“Get out of the way,” I said but he still insisted on standing in front of me. “I could step on you, you know that right?”

 

“You’re looking pretty today,” he said his finger finding its way to wrapping around a strand of my hair.

 

“Don’t touch me,” I see smacking it away and pushing him back. “Where’s the disinfectant when you need it.”

 

“Ouch that hurts,” he said his hand covering his heart as he was feigning pain. “I heard about Fany and Jiyong. I guess you got what you wanted.”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

 

“You wanted to get her away from me, well congratulations you did your job,” he smirked and I turned to leave. “The only thing you didn’t think about though is what our parents will say. You know they’ve been planning this marriage for years, but the difference being it was originally between you and me.”

 

            I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly turned toward Jaejoong mortified. He must have seen it in my facial expression too since he let out a chuckle once he saw me. But I was not going to allow him to win.

 

“It may have originally been planned with the two of us but I swear that I will never, and I mean never, let any of my sisters be with you,” I said stepping closer to him and poking him in his chest repeatedly. “You’re a chauvinistic pig that doesn’t know how to treat a woman yet you try and play every girl in our school. You think you’re so good looking but really you just look like a girl with a boy’s body. Get this straight Kim Jaejoong; I will die before you ever even get near us.”

 

            I couldn’t stand to be near him anymore so I turned and walked away quickly before he could retort with anything else. I swear Kim Jaejoong is one of the most annoying people in the world and I will make sure he’ll never be a part of this family.

 

            I threw the school door open as hard as I could and stormed out until a hand latched on to my wrist and pulled me back.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

 

“Oh no, not ugly oppa!”

 

This was going to be the start of something very interesting.