Chapter Three

Bittersweet Days

            After a few days I found Tiffany in the library studying her homework. Luckily Jaejoong wasn’t with her. I shuffled over to her and sat down in the chair across from hers.

 

“Where’s the boyfriend?” I asked casually.

 

“Rehearsal,” she simply answered not looking up from her textbook.

 

“Oh, so he’s into music,” I stated as she nodded still not looking up. “Fany at least look at me.”

 

“Why?” she asked as I hooked my finger under her chin and pulled her face up to see mine. “You don’t have to force me, I’m not a child.” She pouted angrily at me.

 

“Well from the way you’re acting you could’ve fooled me,” I retorted.

 

“What do you want?” she asked seemingly annoyed as her cheeks puffed up.

 

“Just wanted to talk with my sister, is that a problem with you?” I asked with a smile.

 

“Sica don’t even try. That smile looks so fake,” she shook her head in disappointment.

 

“You can’t blame me, I’m going crazy here!” I exclaimed angrily.

 

“Okay, okay why are you here? Really this time,” she said serious.

 

“Came to talk about Jiyong,” I answered.

 

“Oh, you two are dating, right?” she asked dejected.

 

“No,” I shook my head with a smile. “He’s just a friend.”

 

“What?” her eyes grew big with surprise. “Why not?”

 

“He likes this girl,” I replied rolling my eyes. “Says he doesn’t want anyone else. Why so interested Fany? Do you like him?”

 

“What? Psh no!” she said laughing manically. “I have a boyfriend Sica.”

 

“I can see right through that façade,” I laughed at her attempt. “You totally like him.”

 

“Sh!” she shushed her finger to her lips. “No one needs to know.”

 

“Maybe he does,” I said as she smiled.

 

“But what about Jaejoong?” she asked with a guilty expression.

 

“I’ll take care of it,” I answered reassuringly. “Just go talk to Jiyong, I feel like it’s my fault that you two haven’t been seeing each other.”

 

“You’re not going to kill Jaejoong right? I mean I know I don’t like him and all but he doesn’t deserve to die,” she said warningly.

 

“Why do you want to protect him? You know what he’s done right?” I asked confused with her behavior.

 

“Jaejoong may be a bad guy, but he had his moments when I could see a kind side to him,” she shrugged while reminiscing. “I’m not strong enough to marry him, he could easily break me and he can easily take advantage of me, he needs someone strong someone who can teach him.”

 

“I’m not going to date your fiancé Fany,” I said catching that drift as she looked up at me.

 

“If not then find someone who can,” she said. “He’s not hopeless Sica.”

 

“Just go find Jiyong before I decide not to do this,” I replied as her serious expression turned to a bright smile.

 

“Thanks Sica, you know you’re the best!” she stood up and hurried out of the library.

 

“Why does she torture me so?” I asked myself while getting up.

 

            I started off toward the dorms, when I reached the front there was a boy lying on the bench soundlessly asleep. Curiosity got the best of me as I got closer and saw his face. His face was pretty, round and his brown hair framed it just right.

 

“Why would he sleep out here?” I wondered aloud

 

His chest rose up and down from his breathing and he suddenly shuddered. I assumed from the cold, I looked toward my feet to see a jacket. I picked it up and placed it over his torso gently and took a few steps away from him. He didn’t need someone bothering him when he looked so tired.

 

            I left and entered my dorm room to see Taeyeon with several other girls in the room with her, all attempting to see out of the window. I cleared my throat and they looked at me awkwardly.

 

“Unni!” Seohyun rushed over to me.

 

“What are you guys looking at?” I asked walking over to the window.

 

“Nothing interesting just—”

 

I looked out the window across into the other room.

 

“Tiffany?!” I yelled seeing her with Jiyong her arms wrapped tightly around his neck and his around her waist their faces quickly parting to see me.

 

“Jessica,” I could hear her soft whisper.

 

“I told you to talk to him not make out with him!” I yelled at her, scolding her.

 

“Look Jess it’s not—” Jiyong started.

 

“Get away from my sister Kwon Jiyong!” I yelled throwing anything I could get my hands on toward him. “I’m going to kill you!”

 

“Unni!” Seohyun had a tight grip around my waist trying to pull me back as Taeyeon was standing next to me trying to calm me down.

 

“Jiyong don’t you dare walk out of there!” I watched as Fany and him left the room and shut the door loudly.

 

“Jessica calm down!” Taeyeon yelled and finally I started to breathe normally.

 

“That boy is dead meat,” I said pounding my fist to the palm of my other hand. “He’s going to die in the worst way I can think of.”

 

“Unni isn’t this what you wanted though?” Seohyun asked. “Didn’t you want Fany unni to be with Jiyong oppa?”

 

“Yeah but still! They’re in the room right across from mine! They couldn’t have a little decency?” I yelled rather loudly.

 

“Get over it they’re going to be doing it a lot,” Taeyeon shrugged indifferently.

 

“I know, maybe I’m just getting jealous,” I sighed as Seohyun let go of me. “I haven’t dated in so long.”

 

“Ohhh you’ve had a boyfriend unni?” Seohyun smiled mischievously.

 

 “He’s someone you don’t need to know about Seo baby,” Taeyeon winked while pushing the younger girl out the door.

 

“Yah! Unni you’re so mean to me!” we could hear her wail as Taeyeon slammed the door in her face.

 

“Such a nosy little dongsaeng,” she clapped her hands together as if she were getting dust off her hands.

 

“So Jiyong and Fany are getting a little cozy,” I smiled slyly. “This is going to get good.”

 

“What are we gonna do about Jaejoong?” Taeyeon asked curious about what was next.

 

“We’ll have to confront him,” I said simply. “Our plan is to confront him head on.”

 

“Fany told you to take care of him huh?” she asked nonchalantly sitting on her desk chair. “Does that mean you’re going to date him?”

 

“Depends,” I answered sitting on my bed. “It’s not like I want to, but she asked me to.”

 

“Just kill him off, that’s technically taking care of him… right?” Taeyeon suggested awkwardly.

 

“Are you freakin’ crazy?” I asked serious as she looked at me and shook her head. “Oh my gosh Taeyeon, do you just realized that you just suggested we commit a felony?”

 

“It was better than dating the jerk,” she shrugged indifferent.

 

“You are crazy,” I said shaking my head in disappointment.

 

“Not crazy, just devious,” she smirked. “But really what are you going to do?”

 

“I’ll figure something out,” I answered lying down yawning.