Chapter Seven

Bittersweet Days

            I shuffled out of the dorms with Boa holding onto my arm tightly. She had told me that if I tried to run away she’d hunt me down and I wasn’t going to work with that. Outside stood Yunho oppa with Changmin, I felt sympathetic after Taeyeon’s story the night before about his ex-girlfriend. I didn’t want to say anything but I couldn’t look him in the eyes either.

 

How much are you hurting?

 

            I took the chance to look up at his face and found him staring back at me, curiosity burning in his eyes. He tilted his head to the side as if to ask an unspoken question.

 

“What do you want?”

 

            I could hear his voice echo it even when he hadn’t spoken a word. I looked away quickly avoiding his stare at all costs.

 

“Junsu, let go of me!”

 

            I saw Taeyeon fighting with an unfamiliar boy, his hand grasped firmly on her wrist as she struggled for him to let go.

 

“Just let me talk to you!” he yelled back at her.

 

            I rushed up to them my hand clasping onto his and prying it off easily and twisting it around his back. When I saw Taeyeon I could see the tears threatening to spill over.

 

“Thanks Sica,” she murmured her eyes cast downward.

 

“No problem,” I smiled wryly then looked to the boy and pushed him away from me. “Stay the hell away from her.”

“I just need to talk to her!” he was angry.

 

“Junsu get lost,” Changmin surprisingly came up beside me, blocking Taeyeon from the boy’s view.

 

He was almost like a knight in shining armor.

 

“This has nothing to do with you Min, just get out of the way,” his voice was threatening.

 

“She doesn’t want to talk to you,” Yunho had also stepped in front of her. “So get lost.”

 

“It’s alright,” Taeyeon’s tears were creating rivers down her cheeks. “We need to talk.”

 

“Are you sure Taeyeon?” I asked as she nodded. “Do you need me to stay with you?”

“I’m fine, it’s better to do this alone,” she assured and maneuvered around the three of us.

 

“Alright,” I watch as she stood in front of the unfamiliar boy.

 

            The two walked away, probably for more privacy, more than it would be if they stayed with us. I look to Yunho confused wanting to know who that boy was.

 

“Taeyeon will tell you when she feels its right,” he says shrugging. “Let’s get to class before we’re late.”

 

“Alright,” I say starting my shuffle toward the school building.

 

            I was lost in thought about Taeyeon and wondered what it was she had to talk about with that boy. When we had walked into school I could see a familiar face, someone who I hadn’t seen for a long time.

 

“Unni,” she nodded her head nonchalantly.

 

“Do I know you?” I asked looking her up and down, she was familiar yet not at the same time.

 

“It’s only sad when you can’t even remember your own sister’s face Sica,” Yunho said patting my head. “I mean look at her, she’s the spitting image of you!”

 

“Holy crap! Krystal?!” I looked at her closely and noticed she did resemble me. The only time I could remember of her was when she was a junior high kid without a care in the world. “When did you grow so big? What happened?!”

 

“Unni, mom and dad are coming by later,” she said her arms crossed in a cool manner. “They want to talk about Fany unni.”

 

“Who in the hell told them?!” I yelled then inadvertently looking to Yunho. “You said something didn’t you?”

 

“What why do I always get blamed when something happens?!” he threw his hands in front of him. “It wasn’t me I swear! If it was anyone it was that damn Jaejoong!”

 

“I’m going to castrate that boy,” I mutter fuming into the class.

 

            Once I spot him and several girls flaunting around him I go straight to his desk and kick him out of his chair. I hear a satisfying thud and watch as he stands up. I hope he’s afraid because I’m pissed.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” I question as the rest of the class backs up to the walls. He starts to smirk and let out a chuckle, which just irks me more. “You think this is funny?!”

 

“Actually I do,” he says his smirk turning to a full-fledged grin. “You’re cute when you’re angry.”

 

“I swear today this is going to end,” I say as my eyes glare holes into him.

 

“But I’m having so much fun,” he says chuckling reaching towards me.

 

            I grab onto his arm and flip him to the ground and watch as he groans in pain. I don’t help him get up but let the class have a laugh.

 

“Don’t ever try to touch me again,” my voice dangerous, almost unrecognizable even to me.

 

            One of the boys from our class, I’m assuming his friend, helps him up and quickly rushes him to the infirmary. I turn around and plop down into my seat with a sigh. Jaejoong knows how to make everyone’s lives a living hell.

 

“Where the hell did you learn that?” Changmin sits beside me in his seat.

 

“I took taekwondo when I lived with my aunt. I had decided I was never going to be the defenseless one again,” I said resting my face in my hands. I was irritated and exhausted every fiber of my being wanted to strangle that kid. “Is class starting soon?”

 

“Yeah,” he replies as a headache starts to ensue and I start to breathe heavily. “You alright?”

 

“I’m fine, I just need to think,” I start to think about how today was going to go.

 

Mom and dad will come. Most likely they’d be with Jaejoong’s parents and we’d have an argument on Fany marrying Jaejoong and it would get passed on to me. I would take the blame and the engagement into my own hands. I won’t let Fany suffer with this jerk any longer.

 

            When class has ended Fany is standing with me, her and Jiyong hand in hand. I smile grimly at the two and the three of us start towards the front of the school where Yunho and Krystal are waiting. With them are mom and dad looking as if their feathers had been ruffled, if only they were birds I could just shoo them away.

 

“Get in the car,” dad orders us fiercely. “We don’t have much time.”

            As we get in the car I see Fany and Jiyong hugging goodbye, her almost in tears as if knowing that this wouldn’t all work out. The car ride is silent as we pull up to dad’s office and the two herd us into the building. We were being led to our maker; we were all going to die.

 

“What if mom and dad kill us?” Fany whispers nervously in my ear. “Jiyong isn’t here to protect me!”

 

“Don’t worry Fany, everything’s going to be alright,” I say trying to comfort her, it wasn’t helping the either of us. “This’ll be over soon and you can see Jiyong again, maybe.”

 

“Maybe?! What do you mean ‘maybe’?!” she gripped my arm tightly cutting off all blood circulation.

 

“Fany get your hands off my arm!” I yell at her and she immediately releases. “Jeez you have a strong grip.”

 

“Sica, I’m nervous,” she says her eyes glossing over with tears. “What if they tell I can’t be with Jiyong? What am I going to do?”

 

“I won’t let that happen,” I try and soothe her, I wasn’t going to let the two break up just because of this, it was too much work to get them to get together in the first place.

 

            As we enter the office I see an older couple seated with Jaejoong beside them, their posture screaming ‘CLASS’. I glared at the pretty boy beside them and sit down across from them.

 

“Looks like you’re doing better,” I say with a slight smirk. “How was your trip to the infirmary?”

 

“It was fine, thank you,” he smiled.

 

“You’re children are very beautiful Sunhae,” the lady sitting across from us ignored my comment and smiled.

 

“Thank you,” mom bowed in response.

 

“Let’s get to the point,” Mr. Kim said his expression stern. “We had an agreement that my son would marry your daughter, Tiffany. Jaejoong has been telling me that she’s dating another boy.”

“She doesn’t want to marry him,” I interject before dad has the chance. “It’s her choice, not theirs,” I indicate to mom and dad.

 

“Excuse me?” the man stood up from his seat and lifted his hand ready to strike.

 

“Dad, it’s alright,” Jaejoong grabbed hold of him. “It’s fine.”

 

“This is not alright!” his father was turning a deep red. “One of your daughters will marry my son!”

 

“Why doesn’t he just marry one of his girlfriends?!” I blurt out before I could think about it. Everyone paused to look at me and I looked away angrily.

 

“Tiffany,” dad said, his voice commanding. “You will marry Jaejoong and that is that.”

 

“What? Daddy!” she exclaimed and I couldn’t help but cover for her.

 

“Dad no!” I said shaking my head. “She can’t!”

 

“What do you propose we do otherwise?” he asked and I could tell what he meant.

 

“I’ll do it,” I sighed in defeat. “I’ll marry him.

 

It was like signing my life over to the devil.

 

“No.”

 

            I was surprised to hear the voice and looked at Krystal sitting in her seat quietly. She looked up with a smile on her lips.

 

“I’ll marry him,” she said.

 

A/N: Dun dun dunnnnnnn!! What? Krystal is going to marry Jaejoong?! WHAT A CLIFF HANGER!! D: Sorry guys I wanted to leave it off there. Creates suspense. And about what Jessica told Taeyeon about Changmin is a secret. It might be revealed later, maybe. But for now enjoy the story. Oh and Junsu came in!! YAY... He'll have a side story later don't worry. It'll explain EXACTLY what happened between the two. So please comment and tell me if you like the story thus far. I'm thinking it'll go on for awhile. There's still a lot left that I want to get throught. In a few chapters there will even be a new guest... Think about it, he's from SM, you'll know who it is when we get to it :)