Chapter Six

Bittersweet Days

The surprise on his face made me feel as if I should continue.

 

“My parents sent me away because I was unstable,” I said. “They thought it was because of his death but it was because of the pure humiliation I went through. For once I wasn’t the strong sister that everyone thought I was. No one knew what had happened that night, not even Yunho. It was between Fany and me.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell anyone?” he started to ask questions again.

 

“Because we didn’t want anyone to know, but I think people assumed. Fany couldn’t hurt a fly unless it was something important,” I answered and felt a slight lift in my shoulders. It was good to get it out.

 

“Yet you two don’t get along too well,” this time he wasn’t asking questions, just stating facts and it hurt to hear it.

 

“I’m trying to make it right,” I replied thinking of all the times I had pushed her away and acted as if I was angry with her.

 

Truth was I was only angry with myself.

 

“You’re a very mysterious person, I don’t know if I can be friends with someone who has so many secrets,” Changmin pointed out.

 

“You consider us friends now?” I teased.

 

“Since we’re in the same class and are friends with the same people that makes us friends by default,” he answered matter-o-fact.

 

“Well I don’t want to be your default friend,” I replied with a smile.

 

“That’s alright,” he smirked and tilted his head. “I’ll make you be my friend.”

 

“Is that—”

 

“Jessica noona?!”

 

            I looked up to see the person who had interrupted to me, surprisingly it was Onew. He sat down next to Changmin and beamed.

 

“Noona I haven’t seen you for awhile,” Onew nodded his head. “Why haven’t you come to rehearsals lately?”

 

“Ah… Well…” I was surprised by his forward persona. “I’ve been a bit busy.”

 

“Ah, really?” he said nodding as if he understood.

 

“Yah, Onew what are you doing here?” Changmin interrupted staring at the younger student.

 

“I just broke up with my girlfriend,” he smiled cheekily.

 

“And he’s smiling about it,” Changmin sighed in disbelief.

 

“I’m only smiling because I didn’t really like her,” Onew countered. “She was annoying.”

 

“You’re the annoying one,” Changmin muttered and I chuckled at his comment. “Why are you bothering us again?”

 

“I’m sitting with my pretty noona,” he answered his smile growing wider.

 

            I laughed at the two of them and shook my head. A warm feeling came over me as I smiled with the two. It had been so long since I’ve had a friend to share with.

 

“Looks like we should start heading back to the dorms,” Changmin checked his watch.

 

“You only want to leave because I ruined your date, huh hyung?” Onew elbowed him playfully.

 

“He’s not hot enough to have a date with me,” I teased standing up from my seat. “Let’s go.”

 

“What are you implying?” Changmin asked as we walked out of the restaurant.

 

“You’re just not good enough for me,” I said keeping my pace.

 

            Suddenly I found myself against the brick wall of the building and Changmin’s face inches from mine, his hair tickling my face. I took a short intake of breath as he smirked.

 

“Your face gives you away,” he pulled away laughing.

 

            I could feel my cheeks burn from the blood rising to them. I socked him in the arm for pulling that kind of stunt. I was fuming on the way back to the school but at the same time thinking of his lips.

 

I wonder if they’re soft?

 

            I shook my head in surprise. Why would I think about him that way?! I’m going crazy! I breathed in, and then breathed shaking the image of his glorious lips from my mind.

 

“We’re here,” Changmin rushed off the bus with Onew and me following suit.

 

“So I guess I’ll see you two later?” I asked as I was standing in front of the girls’ dorms.

 

“Be prepared noona, you’re going to see SHINee’s flaming charisma,” Onew winked a rushed into the dorms.

 

“I’ll see you in class,” Changmin nodded and walked off.

 

            I was surprised at his curt behavior as he walked into his dorm and I walked into mine. Then it got me back to thinking about his lips.

 

“How did it go?!”

 

            I snapped out of my thoughts and looked to see Boa unni there excitingly jumping up and down with Yunho beside her. I narrowed my eyes at her and then walked past her to the elevator.

 

“Yah! I’m talking to you!” she grabbed my arm and turned me around. “How did your dinner go with Changmin?”

 

“The usual,” I said hitting the button. “He was a total jerk.”

 

“Oh so he’s being defensive, huh?” she muttered to herself and then turned to Yunho. “Tell him to come by the dorms tomorrow so we can walk to school together!”

 

“What why do I have to do it?!” he yelled when suddenly Boa reached up on her toes and kissed him.

 

“Because I said so,” she winked getting in the elevator with me.

 

“You set us up,” I said once the doors had closed.

 

“That’s because you two look good together,” she answered with a smile. “And anyways, I feel chemistry between you two.”

 

“All we do is argue,” I rubbed my hair in frustration.

 

“And that’s where the chemistry comes from. You two have an undeniable feeling for each other,” she smiled as the doors opened to her floor.

 

“Yeah the feeling of hate,” I muttered as she got out but before the doors shut I could hear her yell.

 

“That will turn to love~!”

 

            I shook my head in disagreement. There is no way I would ever like a guy like him. Not in this lifetime or the next.

 

            My steps became slower as I stood in front of my door and imagined Changmin standing in front of me.

 

“You know you like me.”

 

            He smirked and I pushed him aside angrily and stalked into my room to see Taeyeon lying on her bed eating cookies. I sat on my own and threw my bag on the ground in frustration and lied down.

 

“Something bothering you?” Taeyeon’s voice rang through my thoughts.

 

“Not really, you?”

 

“You know after throwing your bag down like that saying you’re fine won’t really cut it,” she replied propping up onto her elbow to face me. “Tell Taengoo what’s the matter and I promise you a cookie.” She waved the chocolate chip cookie in front of her face and took a satisfying bite.

 

“Mmm~! So good!”

 

“That’s not as cognitive as you think,” I said shaking my head.

 

“Just tell me what’s wrong!” she yelled throwing the cookie to the ground in anger.

 

“It’s Changmin,” I let out as she tried to salvage the cookie from the floor.

 

“What? Him?” she asked looking up surprised as she threw the crumbled cookie to the garbage. “I haven’t heard anyone talk about him for awhile.”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked wanting to know more.

 

“He’s quiet and reserved,” she said sitting back on her bed. “He’s the top of our class and is good looking yet he doesn’t have a girlfriend. His parents are filthy rich and shower him in gifts yet all he ever cared about was his grandmother.”

 

“Your point Taeyeon?” I asked. I was becoming intrigued in him.

 

“Just sit and listen missy,” she said pointedly her eyes narrowing.

 

“Okay I’ll listen,” I said in defeat. “Just keep going.”

 

“Changmin used to hang out with Jaejoong and his two friends,” she said in deep thought and I was surprised by it. Why would he hang out with him?

 

“The five of them, including your brother, were never apart. They were best friends, until Changmin got a girlfriend that Jaejoong liked too,” she said as I nodded in understanding. “The girl was a vixen; she wanted both Changmin and Jaejoong at the same time. She was a mean , excuse my French. This girl had Changmin so mesmerized that he couldn’t see that she was sleeping with his best friend. At the time Jaejoong was pretty innocent, he was a nice guy that would never hurt anyone, but that girl pulled his strings to shreds, he was never the same after everyone else found out.”

 

“Why didn’t Jaejoong stop it? I mean if he was such a good guy why would he do such a thing?” I asked confused and irritated with his behavior.

 

“The witch promised him that she’d break up with Changmin,” Taeyeon went on with a shrug. “She told him that she’d break up with Changmin so they could be together and then broke both their hearts by declaring her love for Jaejoong, and that is what ended their friendship and Changmin’s socially awkward self.”

 

“What do you meant? She broke both their hearts, but she confessed to Jaejoong,” I said confused by the matter.

 

“She did break up with Changmin,” she started and paused for emphasis. “But when she was alone with Jaejoong she broke up with him too. She was playing around with the both of them and in the end wanted to with neither one. And that’s how Jaejoong ended up becoming a player, he’s lonely.”

 

“You seem too sympathetic towards him after he cheated on my sister,” I pointed out.

 

“He needs someone to tame him, Fany is too much of a baby to do that, and you and I both know that,” she stated indifferently. “And anyways she never liked him like that; she just genuinely cared for him.”

 

“I guess you’re right,” I replied sighing. It had been a long day and I was getting tired.

 

“Why did you bring up Changmin anyways?” Taeyeon suddenly asked.

 

“I was hoping you had forgotten about that,” I mumbled feeling the blood rising to my cheeks.

 

“You shouldn’t have brought him up if you didn’t want to talk about him,” she said shaking her head. “So tell me, do you like him?”

 

“I just met him,” I said.

 

“That’s still not a no,” Taeyeon danced around pointing at me. “You’re starting to like him!”

 

“No… It’s just…”

 

A/N: Cliff hanger...? It's been awhile since I've updated... Sorry if it sounds rough in the beginning, I was having never ending writer's block and wanted to shoot myself in the face because nothing was coming out. I hope you enjoy and I'll see you next time on: BITTERSWEET DAYS THE STORY OF CLICHES AND DRAGONS!!

Okay so that was a little strange... Nevermind, I'll update soon guys~ ;)