She's Baaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Vampire Butlers for the Pauper Princess

   I awoke to pure darkness.

   "Hey, she's awake!"

   Something kicked my face in the darkness.

   I moaned in pain, and they grabbed my hair in response.

   I recognized the way that hand, so slim and cold, gripped my hair and twisted it.

   "Moon Youngha." I spat.

   Her victorious voice rang in the darkness. "Surprise, surprise."

   "Where the hell am I, you  bloodsucking freak!" I snarled.

   She twisted my hair again. "Shut up, happy meal! You're in a dungeon in my father's kingdom. Kibum, Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin, and my precious ONew are upstairs in are best guest bedrooms. You, meanwhile, are going to be my featured dish in a banquet feast!"

   "Ooh, I'm so scared, Youngha!" I taunted through my pain and my fear. "I'm sure everyone there would all lose their appetites before they eat me---your smell is enough to get in their way."

   She slammed my face into the wet, musty floor, and I felt blood spurt down my nose.

   "Hmph. Well, I can't deny my ONew has taste----you do smell very appetizing. Unfortunately, I don't eat junk food. You can stay here, and I'll come fetch you later."

   "Wait, what are you going to do with the others?"

   She smiled, and I could see her white teeth gleaming in the darkness. "They will be guests at the dinner. Don't worry---your body will be so badly disfigured they'll never know it's you."

   Her footsteps echoed, and disappeared when she slammed something large and heavy---a door.

   I shrieked when a voice sounded in the darkness.

   "Are you okay?"

   I peered through the darkness to see crouching figures, also chained.

   "Who are you?"

   "My name is Nam Seul."

   "I'm Song Yi Jun."

   "I'm Lee Dabeen."

   "Are you guys vampires?"

   "Well...yes, but we aren't powerful ones."

   "Why are you down here?"

   "We used to be students back in SVA as well, but all three of us had irritated Moon Youngha somehow and as punishment she locked us in here until she feels like letting us out."

   "That's horrible."

   I sat up and realized I was chained to the ground and the wall. "But if everybody who bothered Youngha get sent down here, then how come half the school isn't here already?"

   "Because they knew better. We were rebels, we revolted....and it resulted in this."

   I frowned in anger.

   "Her use of power is disgusting, just because she's some princess of a kingdom. Shouldn't her father know about this? I don't think a king would agree to locking people up for no reason."

   "Her father is always away on business. Even when he does come, he never finds out. Moon Youngha keeps everything a secret, and has sworn all servants to secrecy."

   I swore under my breath. "Hopefully, my butlers will come."

   "Your butlers?"

   I grinned, but realized they wouldn't be able to see in the darkness. "Well, even though I'm human, my grandmother was rich enough to get me into SVA. My butlers are the five princes of the other kingdoms."

   They all gasped. "THE vampire princes? The legendary five?" Dabeen whispered.

   "Wow." Yi Jun said in awe. I could tell all three vampires were looking at me with admiration and respect.

   "We've never even TALKED to the princes before. You're like a legend." Seul said appreciatively.

   I blushed. "I don't feel like one. I didn't even know they were vampires until ONew....er, Lee Jinki, exposed them. I just thought they were hot butlers. Besides, I'm definitely not a legend when I'm chained in a dungeon with a broken nose."

   Seul giggled. 

   I thought about what Youngha said to me. "Wait, how come I'm awake and they're still sleeping?"

   Dabeen answered. "Well, miss human, the kind of sleeping gas vampires use are made specially for vampires only, so humans may not experience it as well."

   "Oh."

   They'll probably wake up bleary and confused, and they would eat the meal without question....without knowing it's me. I shivered.

   Yin Jun must have noticed my fear, because she said,

   "Do you think the princes would rescue you, miss human?"

   I thought of them. Every day, they worried over me, fussed over the littlest thing, smiled at everything that pleased me. They were happy when I was happy. They were upset when something hurt me. Key, Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin, ONew.............

   I grinned, and I didn't care who saw or didn't see.

   "Absolutely."