Ladies and Gentlemen, Introducing the Orphan

Vampire Butlers for the Pauper Princess

   "I think this pink top looks better on you."

   I smiled at Motoko-obachan and cast away the purple top into a pile. A much, much larger pile was beside it.

   "Motoko-obachan, how about this?" I held up a frilly white dress.

   "Adorable. Don't worry, if it gets dirty, just send me a message and I'll get you another one."

   My five new butlers stood on the sidelines, smiling and nodding at all of Motoko-obachan's suggestions.

   When we perused the entire SAKURA headquarters and picked out anything we liked, Motoko-obachan ordered some servants to pack them into suitcases and send them straight to my dorm room back in SVA boarding school.

   "Alright, Mio-chan, I suggest you get a good night's sleep, because you're leaving for SVA right in the morning."

   I collapsed onto my bed in my new silk pyjamas and yawned. When I saw five gleaming pairs of eyes staring at me in the darkness, I yelped and the light.

   "What the hell are you guys doing here?" I shrieked.

   "Forgive us for startling you, Mio-sama, but we aren't allowed to leave your side unless you are using the restroom, bathing, or changing.' Jinki said matter-of-factly, smiling a little.

   "Go away, seriously." I muttered. "I can't sleep with you guys watching me."

   "Oh, that's okay, we have to go to sleep as well, Mio-sama. We'll just wait until you've fallen asleep."

   I muttered under my breath and turned around, trying to ignore their watchful gazes.

   The next morning, I woke up to find the butlers already awake and putting out a set of clothes. "This is the SVA uniform, Mio-sama." Minho told me, as the other boys chorused "Good morning, Mio-sama" and bowed deeply. I was seriously getting irritated of this.

   The SVA uniform was pretty. It had a white collared shirt with a black vest over it, and a black jacket to be worn in winter or on cold days. Both the vest and the pleated skirt was black and had tiny purple and green plaid lines. There were black leggings and black shoes. The badge was black, with bright silver and red letters that said SVA.

   "The uniform is kind of goth, in my opinion." I commented to myself, holding it up. "By the way, what does SVA stand for anyway?"

   "Nothing in particular," Kibum said lighty, but I noticed the hesitation in his voice before he said it.

   I was stuck in the limo with the five butlers who constantly asked me if I was uncomfortable, if I needed refreshments, if I needed to eat, if I forgot something, etc. etc. for exactly three hours and twenty-eight minutes.

   SVA boarding school was huge. It was even bigger than Motoko-obachan's mansion, maybe even three times as large. There was a huge courtyard that led to several other different courtyards, all branched together into the main building, which was a mixture of a neo-gothic England castle and a high school.

   A servant (they have servants in this school?) led us through the main courtyard and away from the main building, to the at least three dozen small apartment-styled buildings that were the dorm rooms. Just like Motoko-obachan said, there were five doors that led to my huge bedroom. Their rooms were smaller, but still large.

   A large, red-nosed man walked up and introduced himself as the headmaster of SVA boarding school. "I hope you enjoy your stay here, Tomodachi Mio. Your grandmother had to pull lots of important strings to get you into THIS school, that's for sure."

   I felt annoyed at that. Was it because I was an orphan? I wasn't rich or powerful or a celebrity's child? How irritating.

   I walked into my new classroom. Students stopped and stared at me. I huddled closer to my butlers. "It's okay, Mio-sama, you'll be fine." Jonghyun said, patting me on the back lightly for comfort. I nodded, too scared to speak.

   "Why is everyone staring at me?" I whispered. Taemin answered. "I don't know, Mio-sama. Perhaps it's just because you're new." I could tell he was lying.

   I realized that everyone in the classroom was beautiful. Not incredibly beautiful, like my butlers, but better than average-looking at least.

   I felt self-conscious about my own looks.

   Suddenly, a girl came up. She was gorgeous, the exact same level of inhuman beauty as the butlers. Her skin was pale and creamy, and her eyes were large and a curious sparkling green. Her hair was a dark brown mahogany colour, and made into perfect curls. 

   She glared at me.

   "You -----!!!" She shrieked (clue: what she said rhymed with witch). "You stole Lee Jinki, my fiance!"

   Then I screamed. She held up a small, sharp dagger that glinted in the light. Nobody moved a muscle, they didn't even look alarmed. What? I was about to get stabbed here! Somebody call a teacher!

   I screamed and held up my arms. She swung downward with the dagger and............