Special Vampire Academy

Vampire Butlers for the Pauper Princess

   Day two of Special Vampire Academy.

   When Eun Ha said she will agree to follow me arround, she wasn't kidding. She trailed after me during breaks and even entered washrooms with me, since my (vampire) butlers couldn't go in. I was both annoyed and thankful for it.

   Three times that day I caught Moon Youngha looking at me eagerly, then bowing her head in dissapointment when she saw my butlers or Eun Ha around me.

   "She's still trying to find a way to get at me." I mused, sitting next to Eun Ha on a park bench and eating lunch. I noticed her devouring a turkey sandwich.

   "I thought vampires only drink blood?" I asked her. Taemin told her about me 'knowing', and she was thrilled. I don't know if she spread the word or someone over heard her, because ten minutes later the entire academy knew.

   I started to notice things I hadn't before. Like although everyone ignored me, they snuck hungry looks at me every few seconds. That they all seemed very cautious when they were near me, as though I was tempting them with my scent. It was frightening.

   Eun Ha thought about it. "Well, we aren't monsters or mythical beings, we are just a very peculiar and small race. Think of it like a lion. They eat meat, right? But that doesn't mean they CAN'T eat plants too, they just choose not to."

   "What's with you guys and lion examples?" I grumbled.

   "But, what's Moon Youngha thinking of? Even if she gets me without anyone looking, it's not like ONew will get back with her. He'll just be incredibly pissed off."

   Eun Ha snickered. "Oh, I'd love to see him yell at her. That face he made at her when he caught you in the washroom was to die for."

   "Don't say that, Eun Ha unnie, he scared me to death when me made that face. He was scary."

   "Vampires are scary people, Mio." Eun Ha said wisely, blowing bubble gum.

   "No offense, Eun Ha unnie, but you are the most un-scary vampire I've ever known."

   Eun Ha grinned and wiggled her eyebrows. "You just wait until I'm mad, then, Mio."

   "It's true, Mio-sama," Taemin says, appearing out of nowhere. "Nuna is really scary when she's upset. I should know."

   The others popped up and leaned on the bench, eating their own lunches.

   "Why are you guys always so late during lunch and after school?"

   "Irritating things princes have to do." Jinki said, winking at me.

   "Oh, wait, if Taemin is a prince, does that make Eun Ha nuna a princess?"

   "Yup." Eun Ha smiled cheerfully.

   "I hate the looks I'm getting at school." I complained, stretching my legs. "Everyone looks at me like I'm something they wanna eat."

   "Now THAT'S the true meaning of 'eye candy'." Eun Ha mumbled.

   We burst out laughing, while my butlers looked annoyed. Evidently, they thought eating jokes weren't funny.

   "But what's next for me?" I asked after we calmed down. "Not only do I have Moon Youngha and her posse after me, just about everyone in the school will consider me a target."

   "Well, what are we for?" Jonghyun gestured to my butlers and Minho sighed. "Mio-sama, no one would go against the five princes of the great vampire kingdoms. And we have specific orders not to touch Mio-sama."

   "But Youngha and you guys can break those rules, right?" I pointed out. Jinki shifted uncomfortably in his seat, and Kibum snickered.

   "Well, Youngha is technically the same status as us, so she can do whatever she wants," Taemin said matter-of-factly. "It's just because she's attached to ONew so she leaves you alone for now."

   "I'm freaked out about her," I sighed. "I can't let my guard down. She could strike from anywhere."

   Suddenly, something popped, and we all looked around trying to find the sign.

   "Look down!" I gasped, pointing to the ground in front of the bench.

   It was metal and shaped a bit like a grenade. Except it was shooting out some weird, hissing yellow gas. What was it?

   "Cover your nose and mouth!" Eun Ha yelled. "It's sleeping gas!"

   Faster than the speed of light, Jinki leaned over and covered my nose and mouth with his hand, his other hand covering his own. Everyone else did the same. However, we were too late.

   I felt it first. It smelled like sulfur and rotting eggs. I groaned into Jinki's hand. The sickly smell was making my brain dizzy and my eyes water. Suddenly, my legs gave out and I collapsed.

   "Mio-sama!" Jinki yelled, accidentally breathing it in. He fell down after me.

   One by one, we all got affected somehow by the sleeping gas. We fell to the ground like logs, passed out.

   I vaguely heard some weird shimmering sound, like the soft playing of a harp, and somebody picking me up with surprisingly gentle hands.

   But then the sleeping gas took over, and I heard nothing anymore.