The Secrets of the Vampires Kingdoms

Vampire Butlers for the Pauper Princess

   "First off, can vampires turn humans into vampires?"

   Kibum shook his head. "No, that's just myth. Biologically, we aren't immortal. We have a life span, it's just way, way, WAY longer than others. We are born as babies from fetuses and reach the age equivalent to eight when we are about a century old. You get how this age thing works out, right?"

   Minho interrupted his explanation to say aloofly, "Mio-sama, please don't ask how old we are."

   "Crap." I muttered under my breath, and Taemin giggled.

   Kibum swiftly kicked Minho in the shin, and continued on.

   "Well, there is no such way to turn humans into vampires. We are our own race, and a child isn't a vampire unless both his parents are vampires and vampiresses."

   I pouted. "I don't get it."

   Jonghyun sighed. "In other words, it's like saying a lion bites a gazelle and it turns into another lion. It just doesn' t work that way."

   "It doesn't work that way because by that time the gazelle would be dead." I pointed out.

   "Mio-sama, please."

   "Sorry, sorry! Um, then, aren't all vampires supposed to be drop-dead gorgeous? Some of the students and teachers here are only average-looking or semi-attractive at the least. The only other super-gorgeous person here is Moon Youngha, then you guys."

   Jinki answered this one. "It depends on your class and status. Moon Youngha's father is a king in the great vampire kingdoms."

   "Excuse me? Vampire kingdoms? Then that makes you guys........"

   Taemin answerd. "We are all princes in the six great vampire kingdoms, Moon Youngha being a princess of one."

   I nearly fainted. My gorgeous young butlers turned out to be vampires AND princes? I'm like the luckiest girl on earth!

   "So the less status you have in the vampire kingdoms, then the less attractive you are?" I calculated. They nodded, pleased I was dealing with this so well. Hell, I'M pleased I'm dealing with this so well.

   "Mio-sama, do you have any more questions?"

   I thought about it. "Well, there's one only Motoko-obachan can answer. The one I wanna ask you guys is this: why would vampire princes go all this way just to be butlers and serve a lame human girl like me?"

   They answere immediately. "Your scent."

   "It's mouthwatering," Taemina added.

   "Also, there's an old legend that.........." Jonghyun stopped, and I could swear he was blushing. Vampires can blush? Oh, yeah, they're still human-ish.

   "An old legend that.....?" I prompted.

   Minho burst out, "That if vampire royalty married a human, their kingdom would be rich and prosper!!!"

   Silence.

   "Oh, okay." I said. Why were they all blushing? It wasn't a big deal.

   "She doesn't get it." Kibum sighed.

   "Get what?"

   "Oh, nothing, Mio-sama. You'll get it later."

   What was I not getting?

   "Do you want to call Suka-sama, Mio-sama?" Jonghyun asked me. "Let me get you a phone."

   They agreed to leave the room only for my privacy, but I had a feeling they would hear everything I say. Vampires can hear really well, right? Speed and everything.

   "Mio-chan? What's wrong?" Motoko-obachan's voice came onto the phone.

   "EVERYTHING!!!" I roared. "What do you mean, 'what's wrong'? This entire school is crawling with vampires, Motoko-obachan! SVA stands for Special Vampire Academy! What the hell were you thinking? And now I'm with five vampire princes 24/7!!!"

   Motoko-obachan just laughed. "I did it because I thought it's every girl's dream to have five handsome vampires fawning over you."

   "THAT'S the only reason why you sent me to a vampire boarding school?"

   "Well.....yes."

   "Not cool, Motoko-obachan." I growled. "I'll see you later." Then I hung up and threw the phone across the room.

   My butlers came out of their room, howling with laughter.

   "Oh, shut up." I groaned, lying back down on the bed and rubbing my neck.

   "You should probably get some sleep, Mio-sama." Kibum said. "A lot has happened today."

   "Oh, yeah," I moaned. "First, I nearly got stabbed. Then I nearly got cut open. Then ONew my blood and nearly killed me. Then I found out I'm the only human in a boarding school filled with vampires and that I smell incredibly appetizing!!!"

   "Breathe, Mio-sama. Just go to sleep." Taemin said, smiling gently at me.

   "First, leave." I muttered. "I feel uncomfortable when you guys just watch me as I sleep. Even more uncomfortable now that you guys are vampires."

   "We promise we won't touch you, Mio-sama." Jinki said seriously. He probably needed to promise that more than anyone so far. "After all, what if Youngha comes in while you're sleeping?"

   I shivered. "Fine, stay."

   My eyes closed. It was pleasantly cool and dark there.

   I slept.