Somebody Tries to Kill Me----Gorgeous Enemy Alert!!!

Vampire Butlers for the Pauper Princess

   I thought she was going to stab me with that sharp dagger, but there was a woosh of air, and all of a sudden, I felt like I was flying.

   Within that split second, I was suddenly halfway across the room, being supported and protected by Taemin, Kibum, and Jonghyun. Minho was in between me and that crazily beautiful girl, crouched as if to attack. Jinki had grabbed her wrist, stopping its motion. All within the last two seconds.

   "W-what?" I gasped. "How did--how did you--?"

   "Ssh," Taemin shushed me, my hand gently like I was a little baby. "It'll be okay, Mio-sama, just let ONew sort this out."

   Huh? Who was ONew? Oh, that may be Jinki's nickname or something.

   The girl was gasping as well, more in shock and anger, and her hand trembled with the force of her caught blow.

   "What are you doing, Moon Youngha?" Jinki told her, frowning. He actually looked angry.

   Youngha's lower lip trembled, and she snatched her hand away. "It's all her fault! You called off our engagement because you wanted to be with her HER, she ruined everything for us!"

   Jinki sighed, as if this happened every day.

   "Youngha, we aren't engaged. I never even proposed."

   "Our parents engaged us since birth!" She shrieked, although her voice still sounded like tinkling bells. When I scream, I sound like a cat walking across a piano.

   "And I broke it off because I didn't want this engagement and because I must devote my life into serving Tomodachi Mio." He said firmly. He turned away and bowed low to me.

   "Mio-sama, forgive the intrusion. Because of my own personal issues, I have put your life in danger. Please forgive me. You may punish me however I please."

   I blushed. "N-no, it's fine. Really. Seriously, get up Jinki. I-I forgive you. Besides, you guys are so fast, I still don't understand how did you--?"

   He straightened up and smiled at me. "You're so kind, Mio-chan. I shall protect you with my life."

   I glanced back at the crazy Moon Youngha. She glared at me and I gulped. What was wrong with this school? What was Motoko-obachan thinking?

   Classes were fairly normal, and I knew I wouldn't have a problem getting good grades. My butlers sat around the room, and I could tell they looked upset that they couldn't sit next to me.

   The bell rang, a set of eerie-sounding chimes. Moon Youngha suddenly appeared out of nowhere, one hand grabbing my arm in a vice-like grip. She pulled me with strength impossible for her petite frame until I was closer to her, and she whispered in my ear:

   "Don't think this is over. I'll get you one day, when your butlers aren't looking, and you'll pay for stealing my ONew Lee Jinki from me."

   Then she let go of my arm and seemed to disappear. Last thing I saw of her was the ends of her mahogany curls disappearing around a corner.

   Jonghyun looked worried. "If she thinks we won't be looking, she is wrong."

   I turned around. "Huh? How did you hear what she weas saying? She was whispering in my ear and you guys were all the way over--" my voice faltered when I saw my butlers were suddenly right behind me. "How do you DO that?"

   "Do what, Mio-sama?"

    "That sudden appear-disappear trick! One second some crazy girl tries to stab me, the next second I'm ten feet away. How are you so fast? It's impossible........"

   Kibum smiled at me. "It's a secret."

   Huh?

   Minho frowned. "Key, don't tease Mio-sama."

   "ONew? Key?"

   Jonghyun smiled. "Nicknames. It just stuck. We have none, though."

   I laughed. Actually laughed. This was my first time laughing with someone other than Koko. "That's weird."

   They looked surprised, but they smiled too.

   "We like to hear you laugh, Mio-sama." Taemin said.

   I rolled my eyes, still laughing. "Come on, I need you guys to show me around during our fifteen minute break."

   From what I heard, after the first two periods we have a fifteen minute break, then aftere the next two periods is an hour lunch break, and the next two periods is another fifteen minute break, then homeroom, and free time until sleeping hours.

   They walked me around the school, pointing to various hallways and rooms. When we stopped at a ladies' restroom, I told them "Hold on a minute," and I walked in.

   I was just about to enter a stall when pairs of hands grabbed me from behind.

   I tried to scream for my butlers' help, but they tied a rag around my mouth. Someone grabbed my hair and pulled it upwards so I could see their face. Moon Youngha's triumphant goddess' face grinned at me triumphantly.

   "I told you once they aren't looking I'll make you pay!" She smirked smugly. "It was easier than I thought. Jang Soon, Kim Young, tie her up and gag her! We're going to make her suffer."

   The girls called Jang Soon and Kim Young did as they were told. When they were finished, they picked me up threw me into a wall with incredible force, and I groaned in between my gag. The pain was intense.

   "If you think it hurts now, Tomodachi Mio, you just wait. You're in for a world of hell." I looked up and screamed, which was immediately muffled by the gag.

   Moon Youngha crouched down beside my head to give me a good view of the dagger she almost stabbed me with. She traced the sharp edge lightly with a finger.

   "Why Lee Jinki would want a girl as ugly as you, I don't understand." She purred. "Well, let's show him how igly you can be when we play a little game I like to call 'plastic surgery'."

   She pointed the knife to my face. "Shall we cut open your nose first? Your forehead? Your lips? I know--let's start with your hair!" She grabbed a hunk of my hair, ready to cut it off.

   Oh please, I thought desperately. Somebody--anybody, help me! Help me! Please!