Emergency

Rise of EXO

Inside, it was oddly quiet; they appeared to be in some form of storage room. It was also dark, with one light in the middle of the ceiling.

Kai pulled out his phone and opened the map again. "We're... here!" He pointed at his phone, showing what room they were in. "The exit is... that way!" He pointed to the wall. When they squinted, they could just barely make out a door.

They approached the door and Su Ho grabbed the handle, but he stopped himself. "Kai, if what you say is true, and everyone in this building is gone, then I should be safe to just open this door, right?"

"You should," Kai answered. Su Ho nodded and turned the handle. He opened the door and looked out into a hallway that stretched to the corners of the building in either direction. He stepped out, and the others followed.

"Next, we have to go this way, around a corner, then take our second left. There, we should find an elevator," Kai said, pointing down the hall. He took the lead as they followed his directions: around the corner, second left, and they came to an elevator.

"We need to get to the top floor, but this elevator stops three floors short of there," Kai continued. They all got in the elevator (it was a tight squeeze) and rode it up as far as it would go.

The elevator stopped and the doors opened, but they didn't get out right away. Kai looked at his map again.

"Now we need to take this hallway down to the second right," he instructed, pointing straight ahead. The problem, he discovered when he looked up, was that there was no hallway in front of him. It was just a left and right turn. Awkward silence fell over them all as Kai went back to staring at his map.

"So, what do we do now?" Chan Yeol broke the silence, adjusting his bag on his shoulder.

"I don't understand, what's wrong with my map?" Kai panicked.

"Shhhh! We don't know if anyone can hear us!" Chen slapped his shoulder.

"I'm sorry! I'm just so confused!"

"Should we split up?" Su Ho suggested.

"We might have to, just so we know that at least some of us are going the right way," Xiu Min agreed.

"It looks like we may need to," Chen admitted. "I think Kai and Xiu Min should lead the groups, since they have the best knowledge of the building.

"That sounds good... as long as you're with me!" Xiu Min said, making Chen smile.

They divided into groups: Xiu Min leading Chen, Lay, Lu Han, and Se Hun, and Kai leading Baek Hyun, D.O., Su Ho, and Chan Yeol.

"This works, but it's not fair that you get the map and the stones!" Xiu Min jokingly eyed Kai as he said that, as if he had a secret to hide.

"Here," Chan Yeol handed the bag to Lu Han. "You've got Chen, the puzzle solver, anyway. Take care of them!" As the groups turned to go their seperate ways, Chan Yeol added, "And if anything happens to my bag, I'll never forgive you!"

"Oops, I think I already broke the zipper!" Lu Han called back sarcastically.

Around the next corner, silence enveloped Xiu Min's group. There were doors labeled with numbers stretching down the length of the hall.

"It looks like a regular apartment building," Lay observed as they were walking.

"Maybe it's what's behind the doors that's out of the ordinary?" Lu Han commented. "Who knows what they have here?"

Further down the hall, they came across a door labelled 'stairs'. The same thoughts ran through their heads: We've already found them? Can we really trust them?

Xiu Min tentatively grabbed the door handle and began turning it. He opened it just enough so that he could see into the room. "Ummmm.... there's really stairs in here!" His voice was barely audible now that he stuck his whole head into the room. He opened the door for them all to see: there were the same kind of stairs that you would expect to see in an apartment building.

"I guess that's our way up," Lay said with foreboding. Xiu Min took the first steps up, followed by the others.


The other group had a similar experience: hallway after hallway, they only passed by doors that they were too afraid to open. Unlike the others, they couldn't find stairs, or anything like that that would get them to the top floor.

"I'm beginning to think we went the wrong way," Baek Hyun sighed.

"I was thinking the same thing," Kai agreed.

"I'm sure we'll find something soon, we're running out of places to look," Su Ho said, trying to stay on the bright side.

Each door they passed was the same - who knows if they've already been down this hallway? They kept turning down random halls until they eventually found themselves back at the elevator.

"So, I guess it's time to go the other way and meet up with the others!" Kai said, and they did just that. They followed the long hallway, eventually coming to the door marked 'stairs'.


Xiu Min slowly opened the door at the very top of the stairs, at the 21st floor, the top floor. It was silent - it was silent before, but this was the kind of silence that made you feel sick. He stepped as quietly as possible, the rest of them remaining in a knot behind him.

Based on the curving of the wall Xiu Min was headed towards, they were in the right place; they were right outside the round room, where they should be able to find Tao and Kris.

There wa one lonley door on the whole wall that they could enter through. As they got closer to it, it beeped to life. Se Hun gasped and clung onto Lu Han's arms even tighter than before. Lay backed up a few steps, and Chen stood rigid behind Xiu Min's left shoulder.

The door slowly slid open. The next room was bright white, and they could just barely see a few of the glass containment units. One of them had a person in it.

"That's Tao!" Xiu Min gasped, but before they could move, several figures dropped from the ceiling. They were wearing all black, like ninjas, except for their hair. They were all blond. They each grabbed a member of the group from behind, holding their arms behind their backs so they couldn't move. Before they could react, their hands were bound together and they were gagged. They were forcefully dragged into the next room where they were shoved into their own glass container. The bag with the stones was taken from Lu Han, and it's contents were dumped onto the central table. They were carefully placed into their own indentations in the surface. The one with the unicorn was lined up with the case Lay was in. Their bindings and gags were undone when they were put in the cases, but by then, it was too late for them to fight back. They were sealed shut, and they had no hope of escaping.

"What's going on here? You're supposed to be out patrolling the city!" Xiu Min exclaimed.

"We knew you were coming before even you knew," one of their attackers answered. "Thanks to you, we're only missing five of you. It's nice to finally meet you, Frost." he continued, addressing Xiu Min directly.

"What have you done with Tao and Kris!?" Chen demanded.

"Time Control and Flight? Right now, they're sleeping. Please try to keep your voice down. You might wake them, Lightning."

"What are these names you keep calling us? And who are you?" Lu Han asked.

The blond figures looked around at each other. They nodded in unison, and another one of them started speaking. "We may as well tell you, so you may at least know before you meet your end. We are B.A.P.. And those names we're calling you? They're the special powers that were once granted to each of you when you came in contact with your respective stone. As you can see, all but five of them here are glowing. It's because they can sense that their masters are very near. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the rest of them may be starting to light up."

A third one continued, "For a while, we were missing the stones for Water and Healing. But thanks to you, Telepathy," he walke over to stand in front of Lu Han, "we finally have them. And even better, the instructions on how to use them!" He held the yellowed papers in the air.

"It's only a matter of time before the masters of Teleportation, Water, Flame, Earth, an Light join us," a fourth one went on. "Once we have all twele of you, we can finally destroy EXO once and for all!"

"EXO?" Se Hun asked. He felt himself get faint, but he was too scared to figure out why.

"Oh, I almost forgot that we erased your memories. Thank you for reminding us, Wind," the fifth one spoke. "You are all - or, were - part of the crime fighting group called EXO. You used to be unstoppable, until we severed your ties to the moon. It was the source of your powers. You were always at your strongest during a solar eclipse. That was also the only time your connection could be severed. So, to put it simply, we broke it. And now, with a solar eclipse set to occur within the next few hours, we can finally put a permanent end to all of you."

"It's now midnight," one of them checked their watch, "three and a half hours until the eclipse.

Se Hun looked across the circle at Lu Han.Choking back tears, he barely managed to say, "Happy birthday, hyung."

Lu Han stared back at his friend. "Se Hun, I... I'm sorry. It's my fault we got involved in this. If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't be here right now. I'm so sorry."

"How unfortunate for you, dear Telepathy. Just barely a new age, yet so soon, you won't exist any more."

"Not if I can have a say in this!" They all turned in shock to see who the source of the voice was: Kai and his group had finally arrived. With one swift motion, he flipped a switch on the wall next ot the door. They were thrown into pitch-black darkness, unable to see what was right in front of them. Those that were stuck in the glass containers couldn't help but listen to the sounds of the hand-to-hand combat that ensued in the darkness.