Into Your World / Return of EXO

Rise of EXO

EXO was returned to the table in the field. The stones were glowing, and the fog slowly faded away.

"What the hell just happened?" Kai asked, rubbing the back of his head.

"Does anyone else feel... not quite like themself?" Lu Han groaned, his head really sore.

"My feet still feel like they're on fire!" Chan Yeol exclaimed.

"You were on fire?" motherly D.O. asked.

"Yeah! I was in a sketchy, empty parking lot, and my feet were on fire! Then there was a phoenix, and... I don't even know!"

"I was attacked by these silver things! But I guess I blocked them with my telepathy, or something..." Lu Han added.

"It sounds like we all had weird stuff happen to us," Su Ho commented. "But our powers are ours, and we're EXO again! I just wish we could remember what we were like before B.A.P. tore us apart."

"'I'm sure we were just like we are now," Se Hun said philisophically.

"That would make sense," Baek Hyun agreed. "We get along well now, why wouldn't we have gotten along before?"

"I guess I mean to say that I wish I knew what kinds of things we did before. How are we supposed to do it, if we don't even know what it was?" Su Ho sighed.

After a moment of silence, Kris decided it was a good time to change the subject. "I guess we're done here, right?"

"What are we going to do with the stones?" Xiu Min asked.

"We should put them back in the shack," Chan Yeol answered. "We should bury them! That way, no one will ever find them!"

"That's a good idea!" D.O. said.

Following Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun with the bag full of stones, they made their way to the shack. The broken-down interior didn't look as bad as it did before, on account of the fact that they all felt like they had been here countless times before.

"They were in here," Chan Yeol said, leading them into the side room. "I think they were in this box, but they fell out," he coninued, picking up a box that had fallen over. He emptied the stones into it and closed the lid. Engraved on the lid in gold was a hexagon with an X in the middle, and a horizontal line sticking out of the leftmost point. It took him a minute, but he realized it said 'EXO'. It was like a logo, or something.

"We'll have to come back some other time with a shovel or something to bury it with," Kris said after looking around and not seeing anything they could use.

Chan Yeol turned to Su Ho to take the yellowed papers, but he wouldn't let him have them.

"I think we should hold on to them, just in case."

Chan Yeol nodded and stood up. Slowly, EXO left the shack, like they were leaving an old friend they would never see again. They returned to the RV, taking the same spots they had for the ride there. As Lu Han drove away, Se Hun watched the shack in the mirror attached to the door as it got smaller and smaller, and eventually disappeared.

The forest was more alive than it normally was - there were birds and squirrels in the trees, plus animals on the round that they couldn't identify through the thick undergrowth.

When they stopped at the wall and got out of the RV, the air was full of birdsong. The sun was also shining - the sky wasn't covered with clouds.

Su Ho lead the group through the hole. On the other side, they saw, for the first time, people walking on the streets; cars going by; laughter; happy smiling faces. People even waved at them. News must have spread quickly!

Checking the time on his phone, Chan Yeol gasped, "There's only fifteen minutes until the party!"

"We were really gone that long?" Baek Hyun was surprised, taking Chan Yeol's phone to read the time: 6:45.

"We should go straight there, then," Kris said. He and Su Ho, and the head of the group, lead the walk to the apartment building down the street from the blown-up B.A.P. headquarters.

"Hey, I bet I can tell what you're thinking right now!" Lu Han teased Se Hun.

"Alright, then what am I thinking?" Se Hun challenged.

"You're looking forward to seeing your three SNSD nurse-noonas!"

"Oh right... I forgot your power is telepathy..."

"How cool would it be if I flew in?" Kris thought out loud.

"And I can make everything brighter and happier!" Baekhyun added.

"Then I can... freeze everything?" Xiu Min joked.

"And I'll thaw everthing!" Chan Yeol laughed, elbowing the steamed bun.

"Then I'll put out your fire!" continued Su Ho.

"If anyone gets burned, I can make it go away!" Lay chipped in.

"And I'll reverse time, so it'll be like it never happened!" Tao finished, and they all cheered.

Upon entering the building, applause applause exploded from the crowd, and EXO froze in their tracks. There were so many people there, including Super Junior and SNSD, who were right in front of them.

"Thank you EXO for coming to to us in our time of need, and for helping us take down B.A.P.!" Leeteuk shouted.

"And thank you for bringing a sense of community back to our city!" Taeyeon added. "In return, we are throwing you this party, and SHINee-f(x) has graciously prepared a cake for you!" Super Junior and SNSD moved to the side, revealing the cake - it said 'Thank you, EXO! ^.^" on the top, and there were really detailed pictures of all twelve of them done with black icing.

"Thank you all so much," Su Ho addressed the crowd. "We're thankful to Lu Han and Se Hun, for if they had never shown up, we may have never ended up where we are today. So I really think they deserve the most thanks out of all of us."

Se Hun's pale skin made it obvious that he was blushing.

"Thank you, all of you," Lu Han started, "But we can't forget the amazing people that helped us out in the end, whom we wouldn't have been successful without." He gestured at Super Junior and SNSD.

"We all have something to be happy for," Kris shouted over the crowd's little cheers. "Our freedom!" The following roar of cheering could surely have been heard all over the city.


The party lasted for several hours into the night. By the time it ended, the cake was completely gone (and Tao's stomach hurt... I wonder why?). They all spent the night at Chen's apartment.

Early the next morning, before the sun had even poked over the horizon, Se Hun woke up. Unable to fall back asleep, he crept quietly out of bed and over to his bag. Unknowingly, he woke Lu Han, who was next to him. He watched Se Hun take a polaroid camera out of his bag before leaving the apartment. Silently, Lu Han followed.

Se Hun had gone up to the roof. He looked out at the horizon, over the trees and field, where the sun would soon be rising. The sky turned a purplish-blue, and Se Hun took a picture, just for the color.

"Sunrises are really beautiful, aren't they?"

Se Hun spun around to see who spoke, and it as Lu Han.

"Hyung, I'm so sorry I woke you, I-"

"It's okay, don't worry. I'm actually really happy to be awake right now." He moved to stand next to Se Hun, who turned back to the sunrise. The sun had just poked over the horizon, so Se Hun took another picture.

"Would you like me to take a picture with you?" Lu Han asked.

"Yes, please, hyung," Se Hun smiled, handing the camera to Lu Han. He turned to he was facing away from the sunrise. Lu Han backed up a couple feet, aimed the camera, and snapped the picture. It printed, and Lu Han pressed it against his chest so it could develop. A moment later, the picture was there - Se Hun  with his usual little smile that had charmed Lu Han so much the day they met.

"Your turn!" Se Hun giggled, taking the camera. Lu Han turned, smiled, and held up a simple V-sign. The picture printed, developed, and he hekd it up for both of them to see it.

"It turned out really well," Se Hun said.

"You know, I've been thinking," Lu Han started, "I think we should live here in the city, so we can be with the rest of EXO. We would keep our old house, of course."

"I think that's a great idea, hyung."

"What are you guys doing up so early?" They turned to see Kris standing at the top of the stairs. "I saw Se Hun grab his camera, then you followed, so I assumed you were up here," he explained, then turned to shout down the stairs, "Come on up, they're up here!" Slowly, one by one, the rest of the group came up to join them on roof.

"Good morning, hyungs!" Se Hun smiled and waved with both hands.

"This is a really beautiful sunrise this morning," Su Ho admired the view.

"It's like it's greeting us," Baek Hyun observed.

Se Hun turned back to watch it. He closed his eyes to take in the moment. A warm breeze washed over them. "It's welcoming EXO back into the world.

Lu Han turned to Su Ho and asked, "Su Ho-sshi, would it be okay if Se Hun and I moved in with you guys for a bit while we move into an apartment?"

"Sure, why not? You're always welcome at our apartment!" Su Ho accepted. "In fact, there's a few empty apartments on our floor if you'd like one of those!"

"Great! I'll contact the landlord and get everything straightened out!"

"Don't worry about that... we don't have a landlord!"

"Really? Why not?"

"He ran away when B.A.P. came to the city!" Su Ho laughed.

The two of them went back to watching the sunrise. They each cherished the moment, wishing this sense of togetherness could go on forever.


Later that morning, D.O. had set up two cots for Lu Han and Se Hun. Lay spent the rest of the morning with D.O., making coffee and pancakes (Lu Han taught them how).

"If you guys would like it, I'd love to have you all over for dinner at our house tonight!" Lu Han said.

The others looked around at each other, until Xiu Min finally spoke up and answered, "Sure, we'd love to!"

"Do you mean I have to ride in the RV with you in the bathroom again?" Chen groaned.

"What, you didn't like that?" Xiu Min said sarcastically with a wink. Chen stuck his tongue out at him.

"Chen, you can have my seat," Kris offered. "I could just fly there!"

They all laughed. Their pancake feast continued, and they enjoyed their casual conversation. Now Lu Han had to actually figure out what he would cook!

The End


The final chapter... but don't worry! I might have something else in store... stay tuned! ;)

I'll also be going through this fic and making little changes, like adding pictures, and possibly rewriting parts so it flows better.

Thank you for reading my fanfic, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!