Chapter 7

Fiction and Fact [Sequel to On Rainy Days]

Your POV:

   I still remember that day when I first fell in love. It was a warm spring day, when we were taking our final test. I had a chance to skip a year of studying English because I was far better than most of the students in our school. Including Joker and Pororo. The older was scratching his head in confusion as he glided his eyes through the paper. I yawned in boredom and lied down the table planning to take a nap. Just then, I saw Pororo looked up in the ceiling in desperation, so I wrote on a piece of paper and flicked it to him secretly. He frowned reluctantly but soon decided to open it as there was no second choice. Just when he took another sneaky look around the room, the teacher said in a powerful voice:

   "Mr. Jang, what are you doing?".

   He sprang up like a startled rabbit and tried to act normal, but it was too late. The teacher took the note away from him and frowned as she read the answer. "Who gave you this?" She asked. I swallowed and prepared to stand up. Game over. 

   "It's me, madam." Junhyung's voice came to my ears, and I looked at him bewilderingly. He acted like he didn't notice me as the teacher took a look at his paper, which was even worse than Hyunseung's original work for sure. A smile flashed through the teacher's face as she looked at me. I tried to act innocent, but she just threw the note into the trash can and ordered us not to ever cheat again in our tests. That was close.

   As we got out of the room, we started to walk our way home. It was my favorite time of the year, and my favorite position - standing in between Junhyung and Hyunseung like a little sister. Although it was kind of scary when girls kept glaring at me, as I was one of the rare ones that could talk to the two most handsome boys in school. But I didn't mind it at all. Everything was perfect to me.

  "Hey, Junhyung..." I looked at him. He raised a nonchalant eyebrow at me, keeping his swaggeristic attitude. As I mumbled thanks, he chuckled and patted my head.

   "It's my duty to protect you, isn't it? Not to mention stupidity is one of Hyunseung's typical traits. I would do the same if I were you."

   I let out a small laughter as Hyunseung glared at the younger angrily. As usual, Junhyung ignored him and took my backpack away from me. I jumped up in objection as he lifted it over his head, too far away from my reach.

  "It's too heavy for someone like you to handle. Let the Joker take care of it." He smirked before kissing my hair, lovingly just like what a guy would do to his little sister.

   At that very, very, very moment; the ground was spinning underneath my feet. My chest felt like being punched by a stranger, and my heartbeat fell into chaos as my mind went blah blah blah. I felt the heat coming to my cheeks and stammered:  

  "W-w-wha-what were you doing?"

   "Just showing some love. Sometimes a swagger needs to be polite, you know." He shrugged and continued his walk, leaving Hyunseung and me behind. The older pinched my cheeks playfully and laughed; but I just stood there and smiled at the ground like a total doofus. I knew it, I found my somebody to love. He is the one that can make my heart flutter like nobody else. All I need to do was to wait for the perfect time to confess..

Two years later or so...

  We were standing in the schoolyard, proudly looking at my own certification. Junhyung's tie was loosen already, he never likes it when something formal hides his true personality away. Hyunseung was still jumping in excitement, and I was staring at the sky nervously. I decided to confess to Junhyung that day, as I figured out it wasn't just a childish crush that I had. I was madly, crazily in love.

   "Sorry, but would you mind if we asked you something?" A woman approached us holding a camera on her hand. "I really want to take a picture with my daughter, and I was just wondering if you could help...".

  "Sure thing, I will." Hyunseung nodded and walked away with the woman. I thanked him secretly for his perfect timing and swallowed before looking at Junhyung:

  "Hey..." 

  "What's it?" He looked at me with that same swaggeristic attitude. I clenched my fist a little to chill down, and then continued with my words. I had practiced it a million times in front of the mirror, and back then I was praying that I wouldn't fail or do anything riddiculous.

  "Oppa, can I ask you a favor?" He raised his eyebrows at me surprisingly. That was fine of him, since I stopped calling him 'oppa' when I got into junior high school. "Sure, whatever you say." Still, he replied.

      "Can you be my boyfriend? I love you." Those words came out of my mouth, smooth and gentle. I sighed in relief, thinking that nothing went wrong. At least nothing went wrong until he scratched the back of his neck confusedly:.

"~~~~~~-ah... I... I can't..."

 "You what?" I gaped at him dumbfoundedly. "But why, Junhyung? Am I not that good to be with you? What have I done that didn't please you?"

  "No, you didn't do anything wrong... It's just... I'm in love with someone else..."

"Who is she?" I asked ironically. "At least I need to know who  my sister-in-law is."

   "He's somewhere near here..."

   "You mean she."

   "I know what I said, ~~~~~~."

   "Hey, I'm back!" Hyunseung interrupted us cheerfully. "Who is out for some dubbokki?"

   Junhyung threw him a loving look and smiled like a lovesick doofus, just like I did whenever I saw him. That was when I knew the truth. It was Hyunseung, the one Junhyung said he was in love with. Tears filled up my eyes and before I could even realize it, Hyunseung gave me a bear hug.

   "Why are you crying?" He asked.

   "I'm just happy that I realized something." I wiped my tears and took his hand to pull him to the bus stop. "Now let's go. I'm starving."

 

-----------------------------------------

Author's words: Sorry I didn't update much these days. Final exams are coming and the teachers are going crazy already :p Mosquitoes are buzzing around me and it took me some times to figure out how this works lol xD Not to mention Gamers is being stuck now. Sorry guys.