Chapter 5

Fiction and Fact [Sequel to On Rainy Days]

You:

The scenery was drenched in all different shades of honey-like yellow. A pleasant scent of grass and wild flower was wandering in the air, bringing people some sort of dreamy peace. She was walking along the gravelled path with her hands lying comfortably in her pockets and her eyes slightly closed. When she couldn’t see anything, her other senses were somehow improved. She could feel the gentle wind caressing her face, hear the weak sound of a bird flapping its wings and smell the smell of the dirt coming from under her feet. She lifted her head to face the sky. How she loved it spending those last days of autumn like this.

Being home was so much different. And comfortable.

Someone covered her eyes.

   “Who is it?” She shrieked cheerfully amd began to spin around. The other laughed, and to her, that laughter was far too familiarly beautiful.

   “You are so busted, Junhyung.” She chuckled and tried to break free from Junhyung’s grip; but as she turned around, she realized that the latter was standing a few footsteps away with a mischevious grin spreading across his face. Hyunseung turned out to be the one who was standing behind her all the time. She pouted her lips and attacked Junhyung by throwing him down to the ground before tickling him. That was his only weakness - he was rolling on the ground and laughing like crazy. Hyuseung also joined the sudden attack. They didn’t sop until her fluffy hair was mixed with dirt, Hyunseung began to pant heavily and Junhyung threw his jacket aside. The three best buds was giggling non-stop as they found their way to a clean, comfortable spot behind Hyunseung’s marvelous mansion. She was the first the one to lie down on the soft grass, followed by Junhyung and Hyunseung. She closed her eyes again when the wind rose, remembering about the day they first met. It was a long, long time ago in the past…

Your POV:

 

Mom my silky hair as we got down from the cab. I looked at the block that I was going to live in from then on, wondering how a single building could be so tall and ugly. I helped Mom carry the luggage to the elevator. We had nothing much to bring along – just two suitcases, Mom’s laptop and my tiny stuffed penguin. His name was Pororo. A beautiful lady was standing in the elevator waiting for us; and Mom bowed at her:

   “Good morning, Mrs.Yong.”

   “You must be Mrs.Kwon.” The lady smiled. “Welcome to the neighborhood. I’m sure you’ll love it here. And what a pretty daughter you have!” She notcied me and bent down, her sharp eyes looking right into mine. “What’s your name, darling?”

   “Say hello to ahjumma, sweetie.” Mom smiled. I hugged Pororo tightly and bowed.

   “Good morning, ahjumma. I’m Kwon ~~~~~~ and I’m six.”

   “Oh God, you are so adorable!” She squealed cheerfully and shook my hand. “My son is two years older than you, but I think you two will get on well. You’ll see him later.”

I looked down at my feet nervously as the elevator went up. Ahjumma and Mom were taling about the moving boxes casually until the dor cracked open again. A boy was standing nearby reading his book. His doe-like eyes were gleaming focusingly and his fingers were tapping on the pages. He was just too cute for a boy, and I wondered if I had just seen a tomboy or not. As we got near him, he looked up and greeted ahjumma cheerfully:

   “Good morning, ahjumma! Where are you going?”

   “Morning, Seungie,” She said. “I’m taking our new neighbors here to their new house. This is ahjumma Kwon and ~~~~~~ is her daughter. She is younger than you, so treat her nicely, okay?”

I cowered at the mention of my name and hid behind Mom’s back. That Seungie boy looked at me curiously, but said nothing and continued to read his book. I quickly followed ahjumma and Mom. Just then, ahjumma giggled:

   “What a cute, nice little boy. His parents are always busy, but he knows well about taking care of himself, that Jang Hyunseungie.”

   “Really?” Mom asked surprisedly. “He is alone all day?”

   “You should get ~~~~~~ familiar with the fact that she has to stay home alone all summer already. Workers like us don’t have much spare time.”

   “But he is too young for this…” Mom halted worriedly. I watched her nervously, hoping that she would decide to bring me to work or something. But contrary to my hopes, she asked ahjumma. “Is there any babysitters here?”

   “Hyunseungie is the only one here. He usually plays with the kids and finds way to distract younger ones from the absence of their parents. If you want, you can just bring ~~~~~~ to my apartment at six with her lunch and snack. I’ll take her to Seungie’s place with my son.”

   “Thank you very much.” Mom said and ruffled my hair. I wasn’t very happy. It was the first day after we moved and I would be sent to a babysitter already. And he wasn’t even old enough!

   “Sweetie, ahjumma and I have some work to do, so we’ll be out for some time, okay? Just play around here and don’t leave the building. I’ll bring pizza back for lunch, okay? Double crust and pineapple topping, just the way you like it.”

I pouted a little at the thought that Mom was leaving me alone in the building. But I couldn’t help beaming happily at the mention of my favorite food. I nodded shyly as the ahjumma said:

   “My son is going out to watch the teens’ rapping battles, something like that. He’ll be back any moment later, so you should see him soon. Be nice, okay?”

   “I will! Goodbye, ahjumma! Bye, Mom!” I hugged Mom one more time before they left. Sitting on the floor, I hummed a simple song and held Pororo up in the air. We were really enjoying the pilot games until…

   “Nice toy.” Someone said as he snatched Pororo away. I looked up with terrified eyes and saw a boy around that Seungie boy’s age. His messy hair was a little longer than the proper standard, and his lips curved into a smirk as he stick his arm outside of the window and shook Pororo gently. With the thought that he could drop my friend anytime later, my eyes were filled with tears as I stomped my feet and tried to take Pororo without saying a word. But that boy was too tall for my reach, so I gave up some time later and sat down with misty eyes. I blinked a few times and tears fell down. The boy gaped at me and my secret weapon in shock and gently pulled Pororo back inside.

   “Whoa there, hey, don’t cry. Are you crying?” He mumbled terrifiedly, but his scary husky voice only made me cry louder and louder.

   “YAH, YONG JUNHYUNG!” A powerful voice came into my ears. As I looked up, that Seungie boy was walking towards us with his arms crossed and his eyebrows raised up questioningly as he saw me crying. “Is he bullying you?” I nodded, not forgetting to throw the bully an accusing glare.

   “Oops.” The bully put Pororo into my arms and tried to run away, but Seungie grabbed his elbow and pulled him back.

   “Do you know that you are bullying a six-year-old girl? Do you want me to tell your Mom?”

   “I said sorry already…” The latter halted and looked at me in confusion. As Seungie received an opposite answer, the bully went pale and nodded. “Alright… I’m sorry.”

That Seungie boy looked at me and smiled.

   “I’m Jang Hyunseung, but you can call me Seungie oppa. What’s your name?”

   “I’m Kwon ~~~~~~, and this is Pororo. You two look alike.” I held the penguin out and said. Hyunseung oppa laughed out loud and pointed at the bully.

   “He is Yong Junhyung. Call him Junnie oppa.”

   “No.” I shook my head and hid behind Hyunseung oppa. “Pororo hates him.”   

   “What? That is a toy!” Junhyung jumped up.

   “See? That’s the problem. Even a toy hates you.” Hyunseung oppa rolled his eyes.

   “He’s just a penguin!” The latter reacted. “And don’t you talk to me like that!”

   “I’m older than you!”

   “Just three months older!”

   “Still, you have to call me hyung!”

   “No!”

   “Yes!”

   “No!”

   “Yes!”

   “Stop arguing!” I knew it was time for me to stop their childish time. Pororo and I were both having a headache. “Mom said it’s not good. Besides, you two are both older than me. You are all my oppas.”

   “See,” Junhyung oppa blushed and turned away. “Even a little girl like her can settle arguments better than you. Immature Seungie.”

   “No, I’m not!” The latter barked back.

   “Yes, you are!”

   “I’m not!”

   “You are!”

   “Yah, I told you I’m not!”

   “Yeah, blah blah blah…”

   “Yong Junhyung!”

-------------------------------

Author's words:

I'm sorry I took so long a time to update this chapter TT_TT Paperwork. Damn. Not to mention my frustration as Big Bang is performing at my place tomorrow. Just over 300km away and I'm stuck here with PE. Damn, again.

Not to mention about Gamers. I lost it. I don't know how to write. I'm stuck. Somebody tell me something so that I can take my inspiration back.

Comment and subscribe if you enjoyed this. I mean my story. Thank you. I love chuuu anyway <3<3<3

(I was just blabbering. Don't take it serious :">)