Chapter 6

Fiction and Fact [Sequel to On Rainy Days]

 

You (Author’s POV):

She opened her eyes, only to see her two best friends sleeping next to each other. Junhyung’s left arm was placed around Hyunseung’s waist protectively, and the latter’s fragile fingers were wrapping around his lover’s hand. She sat up and stretched a bit before standing up, feeling her own loneliness when the lonely wind caressed her face. Just then, a terrible itch came to her nose and she sneezed. Damn, she thought and wiped the tears away from her eyes. I’m infected with YJH virus. YJH stands for Yong Junhyung.

Even if it hurts this much, I love you

Watching you, I wait again…

   “Yah, wake up!” She poked Hyunseung’s shoulder gently. “It’s getting dark here. Do you wanna be bitten by mosquitoes or what?”

   “Hmm….” He hummed as an answer and opened his eyes slowly. “What time is it?”

   “Half past six.” She pulled her phone out and answered. “Call Junhyung. We need to go.”

Hyunseung smiled brightly and let go of Junhyung’s hand while standing up. The latter turned around and mumbled in his sleep.

   “Seungie-ah… Babe, where are you?”

A light chuckle glided past her lips.

   “Don’t leave, please. I love you.”

Hyunseung looked at her shyly and bent down in attempt to wake Junhyung up, but she took his spot next to the sleeptalker instead.

   “Let me handle this.” She said coldly. As the pain Junhyung put her bruised heart through just a few seconds ago rose up again, she bit her lower lip and kicked his stomach the hardest she could. The latter groaned in pain and curled up into a ball; but she ignored him and pulled Hyunseung away.

   “What did I do to deserve this?” Junhyung whined miserably, making a desperate effort to stand up. He succeeded after she and Hyunseung were a long way to reach; but he was hurt so badly that he couldn’t even walk properly, so he could only stagger after the two with his body nearly doubled down. “Kwon ~~~~~~, you little witch…” He mumbled.

A few yards away from him, she sneezed again. Hyunseung was gaping at her in shock, but her sneeze startled him. He laughed in a small tone and put his hand on her forehead.

   “You don’t seem to be sick.” He said. “Maybe he is cursing you. I haven’t seen you in such anger sice we accidentally threw your essay into that pile of mud.”

   “I know you two pulled that prank out. And he derserves what I did to him lately.” She murmured; her hand grabbed even a stronger grip of Hyunseung’s.

   “For what? Not loving you?” He asked innocently. She looked at him for a second and then froze on her track with her head bent down in silence.

   “No.”

   “Aish, that is one of the many reasons why I like you.” Hyunseung chuckled and patted her head. “You are such a bad liar, Kwon ~~~~~~. And a bad actress, too.”

She grabbed his wrist and stared at his eyes for a long, long time. He let out a small laughter and looked down to avoid eye contact, but she bent down and continued her act with her hand still holding both of his wrists.

   “I’m sorry.” He said.

   “What are you sorrying for?” She raised her eyebrows and pouted surprisedly.

   “For stealing him away from you.”

   “Don’t be ridiculous. He loves you, not me. He didn’t love me when I confessed. He doesn’t love me now. He won’t love me tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, not ever.” She let go of his hands and dropped hers down to her side with an empty, dull sound. Not even wanting to look back at him, she turned around and disappeared into his house, saying:

   “I’m going back home for some changing and makeup. See you here at seven fifteen.”

   “Don’t you ever get tired of this?” Hyunseung called after her, and she turned around.

   “What?”      

   “Your one-sided love! We both know that there are many people wanting to date you for just one hour. Why are you still chasing Junhyung? Do you love him that much?”

   “Yes, but our love story will only come true beautifully in fiction.” She pulled her hair out of her collar and looked at him with a ghost of a smile gliding past her lips.

   “But if…”

   “I know it’s not real, but I can’t let you stay away from my heart even if I die.” She spoke quickly, looking at a spot over Hyunseung’s shoulder. “It’s nothing, nothing, nothing but fiction. Still, I will choose you. It will always be you, Junhyung. I love you.”

Hyunseung:

I swore that she had gone crazy talking to me like to Junhyung; but as she left, I turned around and saw him standing behind me like a creepy stalker. He had been standing there all the time, behind my back. Gaping at the spot ~~~~~~ was standing two seconds ago, he looked as if he was dropped down from the Moon or something.

   “You know, she really pisses me off.” He kicked a stone out of his way and walked into the house. “The way she gets emotional all of a sudden like that. Drama queen.”

   “It was your fault.” I walked past him and got inside. “Take a shower and change. She is going to be back in half an hour.”        

   “Fine.” He trudged past me and headed to the kitchen. I went to my room upstairs and threw myself down my comfortable bed. I needed to get a wink of sleep before…

   “Hey, I’m done.” Junhyung appeared at the doorframe holding a towel on his hand. He was wearing a dark grey T-shirt and water was dripping from his hair down to another towel around his neck. “You need a shower, too. Go and have one before the water gets cold.”

   “Alright…” I mumbled and jumped down from the bed, trudging towards him. At the moment I was going to pass the doorframe, he blocked my way with his strong arm and smirked. Being pulled closer to him, I didn’t even have a chance to react when his lips met mine in a passionate kiss. He wrapped his hands around me, but I was no match against him when trying to push him away. His tongue parted my lips and began to explore my inner mouth.

   “Urgh… Junhyung!” I struggled to pull away from his kiss, but it was impossible. My legs were softened like overcooked spaghetti as his hand crept its way to the back of my neck. He knew it was my sensitive spot. Groaning both in annoyance and pleasure, I let go of myself and enjoyed his kiss. He began to spin his tongue around mine patiently until I did the same thing to him. I wrapped my hand around his neck as his y lips found the way to my neck, leaving red marks as a trail.

   “Seung…” He called my name in the middle of his breaths, and it startled me. I leaned aside to avoid his kisses and walked away, leaving him there dumbfounded. That was far too enough with all the lovey-dovey. Maybe a cool, refreshing shoulder would chill my burning head and body.

 I stepped out of the bathroom with my hair all dried and my clothes put on neatly. Junhyung was taking another sip from his Coke bottle – he could never get enough of it. He cleared his throat as the sight of me and blushed. I turned away from him, too. Things were getting awkward after that failed make out scene.

The doorbell rang and I dashed there hurriedly to get it. ~~~~~~ was standing there looking at me, and I gaped at her for a second. She was wearing sharp eyeliners, and her hair was tied into a neat ponytail behind her neck. She took a few moments to play with her metallic bracelet, and then looked up again.

   “Are we going or not?” She frowned at me, unawaring of the fact that I was shocked with her appearance – all tough and strong, contrary to her usual colorful and artistic image. I threw her another weird look and got back inside to call Junhyung. He put his jacket on with so much of a swagger attitude and followed me out. But he wasn’t very surprised with her new style like me. They greeted casually and began to fool around like nothing happened half an hour ago. Sometimes I can’t understand people anymore. Or maybe I was the one who was hard to understand.

------------------------------------

Author's words: Hey, it's me again. I'm really really sorry that I didn't keep my words. Liar. But I'm stuck now and don't know what to write about Gamers. I got half a chapter there and got stuck again. I need to fix this thing.

So...... You enjoyed Wedding Dress, huh? Thank you! I'll try to make more oneshots to make it up to you from now on!