Chapter 3

Fiction and Fact [Sequel to On Rainy Days]

 

Junhyung:

   I sat down next to my sleeping beauty gently when Yoseob patted my head. I looked at him for a few seconds and focused on Hyunseung again, feeling an undeniable pain was rising from the deepest bottom of my heart.

   You still didn’t wake up. Tell me how longer it would last. I can’t stand this anymore.

   I need you in my life. I need you to help me stand up. I’m tired of this.

   Yoseob was still standing there, waiting for me to say something. I looked outside. It was raining again.

   It’s raining here, why don’t you wake up and watch it? Is it because the rain in your dream is more beautiful? Is it because you are having someone else?

   I’m scared, Hyunseung. I hate to admit it, but I’m scared. Please wake up.

   A weird thought raised in my mind as I grabbed Yoseob’s wrist. Then I let him go again and looked at him in confusion.

   I’m leaving you.

   “Yoseob, I need to tell you this.”

   “What’s it, hyung?” He puffed his cheeks.

   “It’s just… I…” I let out a pathetic answer.

Hyunseung:

   It’s dark here. I can’t even see my way through, even though I’m still hearing the sound of the rain. The rain is always falling. Everywhere.

   Where are you? I’m scared.

   I heard the sound of your voice answering someone else weakly. Are you with that person now? Are you punishing me for what I’ve done to you?

   No, wait. I’m coming. Just wait for another minute. Please take it slow.

   I heard the sound of the lights buzzing above my head. I felt lights approaching my tired eyes. Slowly, I opened my eyes and let out an uncontrollable moan:

   “Urgh…”

   Just then, I heard a husky voice calling my name and soon after that, I was leaning onto someone’s broad chest. That person buried his face into my messy hair and murmured my name repeatedly. Suddenly, my eyes were filled with tears. It was all too familiar, to real for me to forget. It’s you.

 I pulled myself away from his warm hug and caressed his cheeks slowly. He became so different from the last time I saw him. The Junhyung I used to know doesn’t get emotional in all of a sudden like that. It was weird seeing him crying like a child, but everything has a first time, so I just decided to go with the flow. That young talented singer in ~~~~~~’s workplace, Yoseob, looked at us with a fade smile on his lips and left the room. Junhyung bit his lower lips hard and looked at the ceiling in silence. He was always doing that – looking at the sky so that tears wouldn’t fall.

   “It’s raining outside.” I pointed at the window and let out a weak laughter. Despite my desperate effort to get his attention, Junhyung acted like there was something way more interesting than I am right there on the ceiling. I got on his lap and curled up there like a ball with my eyes closed. I wanted to hear the rain falling in my real life, when I was with him. Soon after that, my concentration was all gone when I felt something dropping on my face. One, two, three… I looked up. Junhyung was sitting still with his head bent down, and all of his hanging hair made me unable to see his face. He wrapped his arms around me and clenched his fist tight. He finally made it. At last, he cried.

   “I thought I lost you.” He whispered. “I thought you would be sleeping like that forever. Hyunseung, please, don’t ever leave me again. I beg you.”

   “I promise.” I turned around to face him and wiped his tears away. “Anyway, I was just sleeping. All a sleeping beauty needs is a kiss from Prince Charming to wake her up.”

   “I love you, Jang Hyunseung. I love you.” He said before locking my lips with his. I relaxed and allowed myself to be pulled into his sweet, gentle kiss and whispered before closing my eyes:

   “I love you, too.”

You:

She startled and sat up when the plane rocked slightly forward. Everyone else seemed to be normal, so she sighed and sank back into her chair. It was only just a dream. Twenty hours of flying really took its toll on her – she couldn’t feel her lower body anymore, and even then her head was still spinning around like when having a hangover. She still smelt like coffee then, and those wild bags were starting to appear under her eyes. She rubbed those tiredly and tried to comfort herself. I’ll be home soon. It would be fantastic to see the guys again after all these times. Hyunseung, I wonder how he looks like now. And Junhyung…

   She sighed at the thought of him. Even though she wasted nothing from her days lately, her head was still filled with the image of Junhyung. She knew she could never get rid of it, but she didn’t know if she could take this any longer? Why does she have to be a little good girl like that? Wouldn’t it just great if she turned y and took Junhyung away?

   She bent her head down in loneliness; a teardrop fell down from her face and disappeared into her fluffy hair. She sniffled and wiped it away decisively. Save it for the union, she thought. Putting her hands into the jacket, she realized that there was a folded piece of paper inside. To concentrate on her work, over the past few weeks, she didn’t receive any phone calls from any of the guys, even just for a casual chat. She only her laptop for researching. The only things that looked familiar to her were her bed, her coffee and the library. Looking back at that moment, it was all blurry and unreal. She felt like she wasn’t the one who done the job. She didn’t even sure if who gave her the questions when she was defending her own thesis.

   With a ghost of an old smile gliding past her lips, she unfolded the paper and started to read. Even when she didn’t receive her phone calls, she was still taking notes about how many times a person called her. Just for fun.

   Doojoon-oppa: 189 missed calls, 55 text messages.

   Yoseob-oppa: 77 missed calls, 176 text messages.

   Dongwoon: 145 missed calls, 66 text messages.

   Kikwang-oppa: 96 missed calls, 89 text messages.

   Joker Jun: 442 missed calls, 265 text messages.

   She crumpled the note up into a ball and threw it into her opened backpack. Two weeks were sure a long time for them to do all of those calling and texting. Especially Junhyung.

   Junhyung… Her fragile heart fluttered again with the thought as she looked at her phone lovingly, regretting the fact that she didn’t even read a single word from them. She deleted all of them way before she had the chance to read them, knowing that it would just keep a distance between her and Korea if the guys succeeded in contacting her. It was hard, but she managed to go through it. Everything was fine. She took out the wallet and looked at her treasured photos. One was her smiling at the camera cheerfully while wrapping her arms around Junhyung and Hyunseung’s necks. They didn’t look very comfortable in that position, but that was the cutest picture of them. Another one is also her, fooling around and doing aegyos with the guys in the bar. She smiled and swifted her eyes between the two pictures until she realized something. She was standing between Junhyung and Hyunseung in that picture. Somewhere she heard a scary curse – if you are the one who stands between three people in the picture, you will be the first one to leave this world.

   Superstitions, she thought and shook the idea away from her head, but a shiver still managed to go down her spine. What if this plane crashes down? What if there is a terrorist here who wants to blow up the plane? What if I can’t make it home because of a car crash? What if this curse is true?

   She thought she was going to cry any moment while mocking herself for being so scared just because of a lame thought. Still, another part of her was ready to cry out any moment, so she ended up having discussions with herself until she fell asleep.

Hyunseung:

   A few hours later…

   “Why isn’t she answering the phone?” Doojoon walked around the room anxiously and began to tap his knuckles on the phone’s screen. “Come on, ~~~~~~, pick up! You can’t just vanish like that! Is it because of my phone?”

   “No, hyung.” Dongwoon frowned as he stared at his phone. “It’s been two weeks already and she didn’t even bother to reply one of our messages or answering one of our phone! Is there a chance of anything going wrong? Is she dead or something?”

   “DON’T SAY THAT!” Yoseob shrieked in terror, and Kikwang went to comfort him before throwing Dongwoon an angry glance. The visual maknae started to tremble and sobbed. “What if there is something wrong with her? I’m scared, guys… What if she won’t return anymore?”

   “Everything is going to be fine.” Junhyung appeared with a can of Coke on his hand. His other hand was still holding the phone and he frowned. “She must be busy or something. Or maybe her phone is broken.”

   “Well, at least she has to send us an e-mail!” Kikwang complained. Junhyung got next to my bed and urged that I rest my head on his shoulder. I did.

   “I want that, too.” Dongwoon complained and turned around to Kikwang. The latter was still comforting Yoseob – this visual maknae stopped crying, but he was still sniffing loudly and giving hiccups.

   “Since you scared Seobie…” Kikwang replied coldly. “No.”

   “But it’s not visiting hours now!” I heard a nurse running after some person heading towards my room. “Please don’t disturb the patient now!”

   “It’s my problem. Now please get out of my way. I’m still trying to be polite, you know.” Another husky, tired voice replied and the door bursted open. A huge suitcase was left on the floor with a loud thud, and that familiar brown backpack was also thrown down next to it. Someone in a hot pink jacket dashed towards me and before I realized what was happening, I was pulled into a bear hug. The nurse stood there gaping at us until Doojoon greeted her and she realized it was time for her to leave.

   Mom?

   I sniffed the person’s hair and smelt some kind of weird smell on it. It was like she was sitting on a bus for hours or something. The woman snuggled into the crook of my neck as I patted her back casually. The others were also shocked to. As she pulled herself out of the hug, I took a small moment to realize that it was ~~~~~ with bloodshot eyes and a weak smile on her lips.

   “~~~~~~?” The others said in shock. She nodded weakly and started to pull everyone into bear hugs.

   “But I thought… we… you have two more months to study!” Dongwoon was the first one to break the awful silence. ~~~~~~ sighed and pulled out a certification from her dusty backpack and handed it to us. “I’m all done with it.”

   “I told you, I’ve got it all under control.”

   “Why didn’t you answer our phone calls?”

   “I wanted to keep a secret. There is nothing better than a surprise to you.” She smirked. “Not to mention this goddamn phone went broken when I pulled the SIM card out.”

   “I miss you, ~~~~~~.” Yoseob pouted and she pulled him into another hug.

   “Me too, oppa.” She said.

   “Group hug!” Kikwang said and they all went their massive hugging event. I sat there and smiled until ~~~~~~ made her way out of the hug and gasped for air. Her gaze stopped on my face as I smiled.

   “Long time no see, Sunshine.”

   “Hyunseung…” She looked at her feet in a few seconds. Yoseob was the first one to realize what was going on. He poked the others secretly and they exchanged secret glances, well, it was obvious, but they think it was a secret.

   “So how was America?”

   “… Fine.” She mumbled.

   “I’m jealous.” I sighed dramatically and ~~~~~~’s lower lips was trembling. Dongwoon looked at me accussingly when she knelt down to the ground and started to cry out loud. I was dumbfounded, but still made my way to her and asked her worriedly:

   “What’s going on?”

   “Jang Hyunseung, you…” She sobbed loudly as I hugged her tight. Junhyung was not very happy with that, but I still thought that it was his problem. So as ~~~~~~~ began to punch my chest gently with her weak fists, I patted her back gently and hummed a soft tone. She didn’t have enough strength to accuse me anymore, I guess. She just sat there on the floor sobbing before pulling me into another hug of the day.

   “Stop raining and let me see the bright sky.” I wiped the tears out of her cheeks, and she leaned into my arms.

   “I’m just glad you are back.” She whispered and closed her eyes before drifting in to her sleep right next to. Everyone else went ‘aw…’ and began to tease Junhyung. He said nothing and carried the sleeping ~~~~~~ to the couch nearby. Putting our best bud down, he mumbled something about getting coffee and left the room. I giggled. Someday he is going to be a great dad.

-----------------------

Author's words: I'm B-A-C-K back again =))~ Sorry if this sounds lame, but I really really wanted to write about it. Something went wrong with Gamers and I didn't have a chance to fix it yet, so maybe I'll update tomorrow. Sorry.

 

And also, I want to promote this :D I'm writing a fic with my unnie sarah_luvzea_wannie and YOU can be one of our characters. That's right, you! Please visit this site: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/165215/battle-between-k2-and-ent-apply--you-unknown-yurigirlxgirl and send us an application form if you are interested. There are still many room for you <3<3<3