The Pain of Sleep and the Past

Club Ranada

 

Recap of the previous chapter:

“That is the reason L.Joe thinks he killed his first and second servants…” whispered CAP, “I have a feeling horribly feeling in my gut saying that she’ll go after Chunji once she finds out about him being L.Joe’s new servant…Niel, it’s not safe anymore…As long as she is here, Chunji is not safe what so ever…”



 

“What do you mean she killed L.Joe’s first and second servants?” asked Niel, looking at the older male in complete and utter shock.

“Niel, she had her father’s men kill them while she drugged L.Joe and ended up having him them…” said CAP, “She’d had L.Joe them while he was drugged and while he was passed out they’d shoot the servants who had previously been by the drugged L.Joe. When L.Joe woke up in the morning, he’d wake up and see the gun in his hand and think that he killed them, which is why he got the mentality that he was the one killing them and that it was okay for them to be killed, as long as he killed them…”

“So in other words she’s a psychotic who made L.Joe go slightly insane as well?” said Niel.

CAP nodded, chuckling a bit at the younger male and ruffling the younger’s shaggy brown hair, “Yes, Niel, pretty much.”

Niel glared at the girl while speaking through gritted teeth, his hand was curled into a fist and was shaking, “I swear to go if she touches one hair on Chunji’s head I’ll beat the up…”

CAP laughed, “Calm down Niel, seriously, people are staring…”

“What should we do?” asked Neil, looking at CAP with wide eyes.

The older thought about it for a while, what should they do? He looked at Niel finally coming up with something while looking at the younger male sitting beside him, “We should warn L.Joe that she’s back and he needs to learn the truth about his past.”

“Why?” asked Niel.

“So if Chunji does end up dead he won’t blame himself for it, because if he does, he’ll regret it to the point he’ll probably kill himself because, believe it or not, he loves Chunji that much despite how short of the time he’s known the boy…” said CAP, “Plus he needs to know that she’s dangerous and that he’s not responsible for his first or second servants death, so he shouldn’t continue to believe that it’s okay to kill whoever he feels like killing…”

Niel nodded in understand, “That’d be a very good idea for our first move.”

CAP nodded in response, “It is, isn’t it?”

Niel laughed, “We’ll deal with this after this class.”

“Mhmm.” Said CAP, “We will, we should probably pay attention to the lesson now.”

Niel nodded, “We should.”

 

Meanwhile, at the apartment above the club Chunji laid weakly in bed, starting up at the ceiling through tear filled eyes, tears were streaming down his face and his clothes were sticking to him like a second skin because of the sweat that was drenching his skin. Sungmo walked in and sighed, hating to see the younger boy like this he swiftly taking the younger into his arms, pulling the boy close, as the boy let out sobs.

“Jaejoong, bring the medicine!” called Sungmo, from where he held the young boy, waiting for his master to come, well, technically the male was his master’s umma.

“I’m coming…” called Jaejoong, running into the room, in his hand he held two blue transparent pills that would allow Chunji to sleep without dreams. He set the warm cup of tea on the bed side table which held an alarm clock, a lamp, and a picture of a younger Niel and CAP from when the two first met when they were younger. Jaejoong looked at the sobbing Chunji and caressed the male’s cheek, Jaejoong sighed and looked at Sungmo, “Yunhak suddenly showed up…please go talk to my son for a few minutes, explain to him that you can’t do anything for him right now because you’re aiding me and tell him that, that is where you’ve been for the past week, ok?”

Sungmo nodded, “Alright.”

The twenty year old stood up after putting the weak Chunji in Jaejoong’s arms, Jaejoong sighed looking down at Chunji, who looked at him weakly, smiling weakly as Jaejoong wiped away his tears and helped him to sit up.

“Chunji, how do you expect to make it to school tomorrow when you can barely move, why is your health decreasing instead of improving?” asked Jaejoong caressing Chunji’s face.

“I’m going to school because I need to talk to L.Joe…” whispered Chunji, his face showing how sad he was, “I need too…”

Jaejoong looked at him and smiled, “What if I brought L.Joe here?”

Chunji thought about it, “I don’t think that he’d want to come here…”

“Why do you think that?” asked Jaejoong, Chunji shrugged and Jaejoong sighed, “Chunji-ah…I’m not allowing you to go to school tomorrow, I forbid you from going…”

“Why?” whimpered Chunji.

“Because, you’re too weak…there is no way you’d make it through a whole day of school in this condition, and I don’t like the thought of someone taking advantage of you…Chunji-ah, I don’t even like the thought of my son taking advantage of you.” Said Jaejoong, “Chunji-ah please sleep…”

“I can’t…” whimpered Chunji, terrified of the dreams that’d appear in his subconscious state.

“Chunji we got a herbal medicine that’ll aid you in your sleep, it’ll prevent you having dreams or nightmare and will allow you for eight hours, which is how long it’ll be in your system…” said Jaejoong, “Please try them Chunji, I don’t like seeing you suffer like this…I don’t want to see you suffer like this…”

Chunji sighed, “Give it here Jaejoong-sshi…”

“Call me Jae…” said Jaejoong, picking up the pills and the tea, “I’ve told you that countless times already.”

Chunji nodded, “Alright, Jae…”

Jaejoong helped the week teenager take the medicine he needed to have a peaceful eight hour sleep, Chunji finished off the tea as he began to feel drowsy, which was the sign for Jaejoong to help the boy to lay down again, when the boy was laying down again, Jae tucked him in and smiled at Chunji, “Chunji-ah I promise you that I’ll get L.Joe to come here. He’ll be here when you wake up…”

“Promise?” said Chunji, looking at the male who nodded.

“I swear…” said Jaejoong.

Chunji smiled finally closing his eyes as the medicine took over.

Sungmo walked in looked completely exhausted and his lips bruised, he looked at Jaejoon, “Please teach your son how to control himself…”

“No one saw, right?”

Sungmo nodded, “No one saw...”

“Aishi…that kind…you stay here with Chunji, I’m going to go talk to him…”said Jaejoong, “Also If you could, text Chunji for me and tell the boy to get his here as soon as he receives the text.”

Sungmo nodded, typing the message to the youngest master:

To: Lee Byunghyun

Jaejoong-sshi is requesting that you come to the apartment as soon as you get this text. Chunji has asked for you for the umpteenth time…Trust me, if you don’t come I’ll come get you and force you to come here. However, I suggest not going against your mother’s orders…

 

[L.Joe’s PoV]

I rested my head on my desk, ignoring the lesson that was being given. I always slept in this class though, it’s not like it mattered after all I was the son of the world’s most dangerous and most powerful mafia leader and the only thing that was running through my mind right now was the beauty that I hurt. I closed my eyes and saw the pain on his face, I had nearly fallen asleep when my phone vibrated in my pants pocket, I pulled it out and read:

From: Sungmo

Jaejoong-sshi is requesting that you come to the apartment as soon as you get this text. Chunji has asked for you for the umpteenth time…Trust me, if you don’t come I’ll come get you and force you to come here. However, I suggest not going against your mother’s orders…

I automatically shot up out of my seat, pulling all my books and things on my desk into my bag, I then sprinted out of the room before any of my classmates or the teacher found out what happened, as I ran down the hall I stopped in shock and stared at the girl I thought I’d never see again.

“S-Seoji…” I stuttered.

The Chinese girl turned towards me and smiled, “L.Joe-oppa, how are you?”

“Why are you back?”

“I’m here to see my fiancé of course.” Said Seoji, stepping closer to me, the sound of her five inch heels making contact with the floor made me wince as it echoed through the halls, she reached her hand out and placed it on my cheek, smiling, “I never thought I’d see you again…”

“I thought you were in jail…” I said.

She smiled, “I was, but someone bailed me out.”

She leaned in closer to me, I could tell she wanted a kiss, but I could care less right now as I placed my hands on her shoulder’s shoving her away. I didn’t care about her right, I only wanted to see Chunji…I only wanted to apologize to him.

“You did it didn’t you?” asked Seoji, I looked at the girl like she was insane.

“Are you really asking that? Are you really that stupid?” I asked, “Don’t you remember, I’m the person who got you in jail.”

“No, honey, you were the one who got me out…” said Seoji, wrapping her arms around my neck again.

I swear to god she’s ed up in the mind, “Seoji, your father broke the deal with my father, so in turn our engagement was broken…”

“L.Joe, we’ve been engaged since before you got your first servant…” whispered Seoji, leaning closer, so that our noses touched, “remember? I was the reason you and killed your first two servants…”

I pushed the psychotic away, “Seoji, I don’t have time to talk to you…I have to go meet someone.”

“I’ll go meet them too then, after all, I am your fiancé.”

“You are not my fiancé…you’re a psychotic drug addict who used to be my fiancé...” hissed L.Joe, “Also, Seoji, I’m not letting you anywhere close to Chunji…”

“Chunji…is he your new ?” asked Seoji, tilting her head to the side, I looked into her eyes and what I saw there scared me, she was insane…why was she out of jail? Better yet, why wasn’t she in a psych ward? “I knew it he is isn’t he? I can’t believe it…you have a perfectly, wonderful and healthy wife, but you’re still out ing your family’s servants…or should I call them s?”

“Don’t call Chunji a …” I hissed, “Look, Seoji, I swear to god…if you touch him I’ll kill you…Chunji isn’t like the others, he’s not a …he’s an innocent boy who was sold into the mafia world by the crack addict known as his abusive father. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go see him because he’s not well, right now.”

I pushed the psychotic away again, running away, when I passed CAP and Niel’s class room they saw and ran out after me, “L.Joe!”

“What?” I asked spinning around to face the two.

“Are you okay?” asked CAP.

“Seoji’s back…”

“So you’ve found out as well…”

I nodded, “CAP, she still thinks I’m her fiancé, she thinks that I bailed her out of jail…She’s psychotic…my god...Chunji…when I mention him she looked at me with a look that said that she wanted to kill him…Hyung, I don’t know what I’d ever do if he died…”

“L.Joe, I have some things to tell you…I have to tell you the truth about somethings…however now is not the time, from what I understand from the text Sungmo sent Chunji’s having a nightmare and apparently he’s calling out your name…” said CAP.

I looked at him, and once his words processed in my brain, my body took off running without me even having to think about it, I didn’t hear CAP or Niel yelling for me to slow down, the only thing about was the fact that Chunji was calling out for me in his sleep. I pushed my legs to move faster than they wanted to because I had to get to Chunji; I had to calm the beautiful boy down.

I was aching to hold his slim body in my arms.

 

[Seoji’s PoV]

“Seunghyun,” I said, speaking into the phone as I watched from the roof as L.Joe ran out of the school and towards the .

“Yes, young mistress?”

“Find the called Chunji, who works under the Jung’s once you find him…kill him…leave no witnesses and leave no evidence, ok?”

“Yes, my lady…”

I smirked, ending the call.

“L.Joe, you’re mine…no will ever be able to take you from me…not one….”

 

 

I haven't written this story in forever, hopefully this chapter wasn't that bad, also we're nearing the end of the story...this story was never planned to be very long, so...yeah...