“Regretting something means you’re Weak…” “No, it means you’re human.”

Club Ranada

 

[L.Joe’s PoV]

I laid back down on the bed silently, hugging the boy who was still sleeping peacefully. I smiled as he snuggled closer to my clothed chest, yes, clothed I just took a shower. Suddenly the silence was broken again as my phone rang, I felt Chunji shift a bit and from how he kept moving I could tell that he was waking up. I took this as my clue to get up, as I pulled away, I smiled and pecked the crown of his head. I felt slightly guilty for all I’ve done. I pushed all that to the back of my head.

L.Joe, don’t go against what you were taught…don’t show guilt…don’t feel it…it shows weakness.

I heard a groan and I knew Chunji was finally conscious, I pulled away from him quickly and picked up my phone, “Hello?”

“L.Joe, where were you today?” asked CAP.

“I’m at a hotel, why?” asked L.Joe.

“Well, Kyuhyun just ran into the apartment over the bar, looking for you,” Said CAP, “He has something important to tell you, also is Chunji with you?”

“Yes. Why?” I said looking at the boy who was now sitting up with a pained look on his face, looking at me with eyes full of fear, the look he gave me made me feel a pain in my chest.

What is wrong with me? I’ve only known him for one night, why am I like this?

“I wanted to know where Chunji is because Niel keeps asking for him…” said CAP.

“You’re talking to Niel?”

“Well…no…Niel refuses to see me and your mother won’t allow me to see him. L.Joe, he’s refusing to talk to everyone except Chunji, he keeps calling out for him…” said CAP, “And L.Joe, it hurts to see and hear your loved one calling out for someone who has only known him for one day…”

I glanced at Chunji to see that he was lying down again, his back towards me. I sighed and stepped out of the room and into the hall, “CAP, what do you mean by the one you love?”

“L.Joe…I realized something after Niel flipped out at me…after I hurt him…” whispered CAP, “I’ve realized why I’m so possessive over him…”

“What did you realize?” I asked.

“I realized that I love him.” Said CAP, “I realized that I don’t want him just for his body but because of his love…I didn’t realize the way he looked at me…I really didn’t see the love in his gaze…I didn’t see how much he loves me…I didn’t and I feel horrible now…I feel horrible about the things I’ve done…I regret it all…L.Joe, do you have anything you regret?”

I stiffened up, “CAP, if I regretted anything, I’d be weak.”

“No, L.Joe, you’d be human…” said CAP.

I stiffened up, “CAP, regretting something is a weakness…It just shows that you’re weak…it doesn’t mean that you’re human it means that you’re weak.”

“Whatever L.Joe, can you please just bring Chunji back?” asked CAP, exasperatedly, sighing, I could tell he was massaging his temples, “Kyuhyun has something urgent to talk to you about anyway.”

“Sure, I’ll bring him back as soon as I can…” I said, my heart was aching for some reason.

“Alright…I’m hanging up now,” Said CAP, hanging up the phone.

I sighed and walked back into the room, “Chunji, get dressed Niel wants you…”

He stayed silent and then I heard him sniffling, I looked at him to see that his shoulders were trembling, I stepped closer to the bed to see that his whole body was trembling and that the pillow was damp. My heart felt like it was sinking again, he was crying.

“Hey…Niel is asking for you, get dressed…” I said, looking at the boy.

He nodded, not speaking; he was sniffling and rubbing his eyes, probably wiping away tears. He sat up and I saw the pain wreck through his whole body, even though I couldn’t see his face, I could see all his muscles tense up. I could see the bruise I left on my milky white skin. I could see old scars that marked his bodies, horrible scars that not even I held and I’ve been in countless gang fights, I’ve even been shot…once.

“What are those scars from?” I asked, casually, despite how my chest was hurting from seeing them.

Chunji flinched and quickly wrapped himself up in a blanket; he flinched as he put his legs over the edge of the bed and slowly got to his feet, his legs were shaking and I felt like a knife was stabbing me.

“Do you want me to go get you clothes?” I asked out of nowhere.

He shook his head, whispering, “Please don’t come near me…”

“Why not?” I asked, stepping closer to him and I noticed he was trembling again, he shook his head, stepping away from me and then I finally noticed the blood on the blanket. I stepped closer and Chunji stepped away from me and the next thing I knew was that books hit me in the face, rage boiled with in me however when I saw Chunji collapsed on the ground, wrapped in a blanket and curled up in a ball it vanished. I felt weak and whispered, “I’ll get your clothes for you…”

Chunji nodded, forcing himself up onto his legs. I bit my lip, looking at him. I knew I caused him to be like this. He whimpered and lost his footing, I went to catch him, but he pushed my hands away and I could tell he began to cry again when he yelled at me.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” hissed the boy.

I looked at him in shock and he forced himself back onto his feet, getting to the bathroom and slamming the door shut. I sighed and picked up Chunji’s clothes, setting them down on the floor by the bathroom door.

After that I sat down on the bed and buried my face in my hands, “What the hell have I done?”

Soon the door opened again and Chunji appeared clean, the only thing that made him look bad was the fact that his eyes were blood red and puffy from here he had been crying earlier. He looked at the door and I heard his voice that came out as a hoarse whisper, “Can I go back now?”

I nodded and looked away from him, standing up, “I’ll walk you back…”

He looked at me in fear but nodded, knowing that it’d be best if he didn’t go back by himself because he could obviously tell that he couldn’t go back by himself, so I put my arms around his waist, and helped support him as he walked, I threw the keys to the lady at the front desk and she bowed to me, a little flustered, because she knew what Chunji and I had done.

 

As soon as we got to the apartment, Chunji broke away from my grasp and ran towards Niel’s room on shaking legs, meanwhile I was pulled to the side by none other than Kyuhyun, my family’s personal investigator.

“So?” I said, looking at him.

He opened his mouth and I felt my stomach lurch, whatever was going to be said wasn’t going to be good and I could tell.

“I talked to Chunji’s past doctor and the man told me that Chunji was physically abused countless times after mother passed away when he was five…” said Kyuhyun.

“How did she pass away?” I asked curiously.

“Apparently Chunji had somehow wandered into the road and a car had come speeding his way and she threw herself over him to protect him…” said Kyuhyun, “she threw herself in front of the car because she didn’t have enough to pull him out of the way…if she hadn’t done that Chunji would’ve been dead or with serious brain damage.”

“Then what about the abuse?” I asked, “Was it just physical?”

The man nodded, “From what the doctor told me it was all just physical abuse and absolutely not ual…However the doctor did say there might be some mental abuse thrown in the mix…however there was no ual abuse at least none of what you are thinking of...”

I nodded and sighed out of relief.

“However there is one thing you should know about Chunji…” said Kyuhyun.

I looked up at him and said, “What?”

“His father used to make him give paying costumers…s and s…” said Kyuhyun looking at the files, “Apparently that is how Chunji’s father got the money to buy drugs from your father…and according to what he’s told his doctor he started to refuse people earlier this year, because he was sick for doing that sort of thing for his father who just beat him all the time…”

“What happened when he started to refuse to do it?” I asked.

Kyuhyun shrugged, “The doctor didn’t say all he did say though was that the man would force Chunji to do those type of things and while the boy would serve the men, his father would cut him with something, making cuts all over the boy’s back…creating horrible scars not only on his skin but in his heart, soul, and mind.”

I looked at him, and nodded as the truth dawned on me.

No wonder he had those dreams…I forced him to do something that reminded him of his father…God, L.Joe why are you acting like this? You’ve become such a weak man after meeting Chunji…Toughen up again and don’t feel guilty for your actions towards him or any of the other servants you killed…

“That’s all I’ve found…” said Kyuhyun, “Would you like me to keep searching?”

I shook my head, “I’ll be fine with this information…”

The man nodded and left the apartment while I collapsed into a nearby seat, burying my face in my hands.

“L.Joe?” said CAP.

“What?” I asked, not looking up for my hands.

“What’s wrong?” asked CAP.

“I’m feeling guilty for the first time ever, ok?”

CAP smiled and patted my shoulder, “Alright, I’ll leave you alone to your thoughts then…”

I sighed, “That’d be nice…”

The older male nodded and said, “I’m glad you’re finally feeling guilty, however, don’t let the guilt suffocate you, ok?”

I nodded.

 

[Chunji’s PoV]

I was currently lying in the room and bed I shared with Niel who was still slightly fevered, he was currently hugging me tightly, tears slowly streaming out of his own eyes. He was the only one I knew right now that understood the pain I felt.

“Niel…I’m scared…” I whispered in a hoarse voice as the younger had me lay with my back towards him so that he could message my lower back from where L.Joe had hurt it the previous night.

“Why?” asked Niel, pressing too hard in one area, making me stiffen up out of pain.

“I just am…” I said, looking at the pillow that was drenched by my tears, “I’m terrified that I might have to go back to my father…I’m terrified that they’re going to act like my father…I’m afraid that they’re going to hurt me like my father did…most of all…I’m terrified of how L.Joe made me feel…”

I rolled to face him, new tears welling up in my eyes, making him wrap his arms around me, pulling me closer to him and cradling me like I was a baby, allowing me to cry all I wanted into his shoulder. We laid there in silence for a while with me crying into his shoulder, finally all my tears stopped and I felt like I had no more to cry, I pulled away and wiped away my tears, looking at him.

“Sorry about that…”

He smiled at me, “its okay hyung, we all need to cry sometimes…So how exactly did you feel when you…”

I looked at him with a blush covering my cheeks, “I’m not going to lie…I actually liked it…a lot.”

Niel smiled, “Then it isn’t bad is it?”

I nodded, “Niel…I don’t know why but whenever I’m around him I feel extremely nervous and scared…but at the same time I feel attracted to him…Like I want to be around him…”

Niel looked at me and straight into my eyes as I spoke and then he said, “Chunji…you sound like how I felt when I first met CAP…I really liked him at first sight…”

I looked at him in fear and shook my head and whispered, “I don’t want to like L.Joe…” ‘

“And why is that?” asked Niel.

“I don’t want to be hurt…” I whispered, “I don’t want to be killed when he’s tired of me…I don’t want to be close to him if he betrays me like my appa did, I don’t want to go through that pain again…”

Niel saw that I was crying new tears and hugged me tightly; however this time, I ended up crying myself to sleep, so I didn’t know of Niel’s reaction afterwards…

 

First off, I hope you enjoyed it.

Second off, sorry if this chapter is crap, I wrote it while I was tired (which I still am) but I wanted to post it up for you all...so...yeah...Sorry if it's crap...I'll be going to bed now...

Third off, Does the story seem rushed?