One Day

I Will Always Love You [CLOSED FOR NOW]

 

THIS IS FOR MiinaMinji I'm sorry for the super long wait. I am truly truly truly sorry... But please do enjoy :)

My name is Kwon Minjii. I am currently attending college. I bet you are wondering what I have to do with anything, and I’ll tell you why right now. This is how my first love happened.

 

I was at school. I attend a performing arts school for the talented. I bet you are also wondering how I got into this school. Well I dance. That’s why. I got a scholarship, and that’s the only way I would have been able to afford this school.

I was in dance class, and of course it was my favorite class of the whole day.  If I could, I would spend every single moment of my life in here. All my favorite people are here too, which makes it so much better. But there is also my least favorite person in here.  My best friends are Yoseob, Hyunseung, Dongwoon, Doojoon, and Kikwang. My least favorite person would be Yong Junhyung. I’m kind of forced to hang out with him though because his friends are my friends. But no matter how much I would love to deny it, he has his talents. He can dance, rap, and he dresses well.

I was talking to Hyunseung, and the others were goofing around. The seven of us came early to class, so no one was here yet. Hyunseung said, “You know, I was always curious. Why don’t you like Junhyung?”

I thought about it for a moment. Why did I not like him? I made up an answer saying, “He’s just always so cold to me.”

“Well, that’s just how he is at first. He’s a really cool guy once you get to know him.”

“Really? He doesn’t seem like it.” I scoffed.

“You should get to know him, though.”

“Maybe one day.”

Everyone started gathering in, and we stopped talking when the teacher came in.

She said, “Today, you will be presenting a self-choreographed dance.”

This sounded fun.

She continued, “You will be having partners, and I will allow you to pick them on your own. You may pick your partner, but Junhyung  and Minji, please come here.”

Great, I thought what do I have to do with this guy? We both got up, and she said, “I want you two to be partners. You both have the same style of dance, and I would like to see what happens if you two collaborate. The song I am assigning you two is “Wanna B” by Block B.”

I stood there in shock. The teacher asked me, “Is there a problem?”

“Um… no there isn’t.” I answered.

We walked away from the teacher, and I asked Junhyung, “So where do you want to start?”

He said, “Let’s start choreographing. Do you own the song?”

“Yeah I have it on my ipod.”

“Okay, well for tonight we should choreograph our own routine for the song.”

“Why? Wouldn’t it be better if we combined our ideas right now?”

“No because this way, if we think of good ideas tonight the other person won’t be blocking our idea. Overall, we get a better end product.”

I hate the way he thinks. It’s always right… I said, “Er… okay then, where do you want to meet up tomorrow?”

“My friend let’s me borrow his dance studio when he’s not using it, so we can use that. I’ll text you the address later tonight.”

“Um… okay. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

I walked over to Yoseob and Doojoon who were partnered up together. Doojoon asked, “Why are you and Junhyung together? I thought you hated each other.”

“We were forced to be together. Not my choice.”

“Well you guys are going to get the highest marks of course, you’re the best dancers here.” Said Yoseob.

“Thanks, Yoseob. But I don’t know if it’s going to be that good, if we are arguing the whole time.”

“Just try to hold your tongue.” Said Doojoon.

“Aish, I guess. Well I’m gonna go, there’s really nothing for me to do here anymore. See ya.”

I packed my bad and thought to myself. The conversation that I had with Junhyung was probably the most awkward I have ever had. I never have any awkward conversations though because I usually don’t know when to stop talking.

The next day, I read the text that Junhyung with address. When I got there, I heard music still being played. I peeked inside the room and saw Junhyung dancing. No matter how much, I didn’t like it, I did have to admit that he was charismatic when he was on stage.

He saw me come in, and he immediately stopped. I apologized, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt you.”

“Don’t worry about it. Did you do what I told you do yesterday?”

“Yeah, I did. I hope the outcome is good.”

“Show me, and I’ll be the judge of that.”

I turned my back to him and rolled my eyes. I was feeling nervous performing in front of him though. Why was I nervous in front of him though? Him of all people? I ignored my feelings as soon as the music began playing, and I danced. When I finished I saw him smiling. I could feel my face start to heat up. He said, “That was good.”

“Um… thanks, it’s your turn.”

He showed me his routine and it was really good. After, we combined our dances, and once we decided how it was going to be, we practiced non stop. After practice, we left the building. It was dark and cold outside. Great. I turned away from him, and then he said, “Minji, wait! Let me walk you home.”

I was shocked, “Huh? Wha--? No, it’s alright.”

“I can’t let you walk home alone, it’s dark, and something might happen.”

We walked together, and I was shivering. Why didn’t I bring sweats? Ugh… I felt something on my head. I held it, and it was a jacket. I looked at Junhyung, and he pretended he didn’t do anything. I smiled, and put on his jacket. To break the awkward silence, I asked, “So what do you do besides rap and dance?”

“I write lyrics.”

“Really? What about?”

“Anything and everything that comes to vent. I once wrote about ramyeon because I was hungry.”

I lauged, “You know, that’d be really fun to hear.”

“Maybe I’ll show you one day.”

I smiled to myself. When we got to our apartment, I thanked him and gave him back his jacket. As I was walking to my room, I thought, “You know, Junhyung, you’re not that bad.”

The rest of the week we practiced non-stop. The more I talked to him and spent more time with him, the more nervous around him I got. He was actually the exact opposite person that he presents himself to be. He was really fun to be around once I got to know him. It was just like every time I see him I get butterflies. Why do I feel like this? Less than a week ago, I hated the guy, but now I actually want to be around him. I couldn’t possibly like him… right?

On the day of the performance, I was talking to Dongwoon and Kikwang. We were all excited for the performance, and then Junhyung came up to us. We greeted him cheerfully, but Junhyung looked like something was on his mind. He asked me to come with him. I figured that he was just nervous and wanted to rehearse our routine one more time, but then he stopped walking. I said, “Junhyung are you okay? There’s no need to be nervous for our performance. I mean, I do understand that it’s a big part of our grade, but we’ll do well. Our choreography is the bomb diggity if I say so myself.”