Surprises Aren't That Bad

I Will Always Love You [CLOSED FOR NOW]

This Fan Fic is for soneunji! Please enjoy it!!! :D

(POV ---- Yoori)

I finished soccer practice, and I was heading out of the locker room. While walking out, I ran into someone. I fell to the ground, and all my stuff fell to the ground. I said, "I'm sorry! I should've been watching where I was going!"

I stood up and bowed. When I looked up, I saw Dongowoon he had also dropped his stuff. He said, "Don't worry about it, I wasn't watching where I was going either!" He bowed back.

I was rapidly picking up my stuff because it was really late, and I know my mom would have been worried if I wasn't home.

When I picked up all my belongings, I said, "Um... well, I have to go! I'll see you later!"

"Okay, see ya." he said.

I walked away, not believing what had just happened. I like Dongwoon. I mean I always thought that Dongwoon was really cute, but I never liked him. But that probably because I ahve never actually talked to him before which is weird because we have the same classes.

I got home and went up to my room. I wanted to work on my homework. I got out my notebook. When I looked inside of it, I realized it wasn't mine. Mine was full of random doodles I would draw when I got bored. This notebook actually had real work in it. I checked the name in the front. It said, Son Dongwoon. Crap, they must've gotten switched when we bumped into each other. And the one night I wanted to do my homework, too!

The next day I wanted to go to school early, just in case Dongwoon was there. I wanted to switch notebooks. Surprisingly, he was in there talking to his friend, Yoseob. I walked up to him and held out his notebook, "Hey Dongwoon, I think I took your notebook by mistake yesterday."

"Oh yeah, we did. By the way, nice doodles, Yoori." he said.

"Thanks," I said. 

I walked back to my seat, and started on the homework that was due today. It was English... I at English so I just kind of stared at my paper, wondering what to do. I looked back at Dongwoon. Oh yeah! He went to the Philippines to study English, so I got up and asked him about it. I asked, "Hey... ummm... Dongwoon, can you help me with this?"

"Sure, oh this! Yeah I can help you!"

He showed me all the answers, but he explained each one thoroughly. When he finished teaching, I said, "You know, your actually not that bad of a teacher! Thank you." I smiled at him.

He blushed, "Haha, no problem. Do you get it now?"

"Haha yup! Thank you again!" I said and then walked back to my seat.

Soon after that, school had started. Luckily, I finished  my homework before class started. 

When school ended, soccer had been canceled. What the heck! Why? I love soccer! It's my only time to vent and have fun at school. Are you serious. Well, I didn't want to go home yet, so I just walked around the school. It was kind of nice to walk in the hallways of the school. You could hear the echos of your own feet. It gave me time to think. As I was walking I heard the slight sound of the piano being played. It sounded so peaceful. I tried to listen for the sound. It was coming from the choir room. I took a peek inside and saw Dongwoon playing the piano. I listened to him sing while he played. It was so nice and soothing. Then it suddenly stopped. I opened my eyes, and saw Dongwoon looking at me. I said, "Oh I'm sorry, I just heard you while I was walking around school."

"It's alright, you just surprised me." he said.

"What were you playing?" I asked.

"Just something I wrote awhile ago." he said.

"It's really nice. I like it."

"Thanks." he said.

"Okay, so let me get this straight, you have awesome grades, you can play the piano, and you can sing. It sounds to me, that you are pretty much awesome at everything." I said.

"I'm not awesome. Not in the least bit."

"Sure sure." I said, "I was wondering, can you keep playing? It really is pleasing to my ears. I like it a lot."

I sat next to him and he continued playing. I don't know how long he was playing for. All I know is that, it was so nice and relaxing. I checked the time. It was seven. SEVEN? Oh crap! I am totally late. Mom is probably worrying right now. I said, "Oh gosh. I'm sorry Dongwoon I have to go!"

While gathering my things, he said, "Do you have to?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry! See ya later!" I said while sprinting.

I was running home. I got to the door and opened it as quietly as I could. I continued up the stairs quietly. When I got to my door, there was a note on my door. It was from my mom. I tore it off the door so I could read it. It said "I have the night shift today at work so I won't be home until late!" Great. I thought. Just Great. I could've spent more time with Dongwoon. Aiya. Mom sometimes your timing is impeccable. 

I fell asleep thinking about Dongwoon. I know I fell asleep with a smile that night. 

I went to school early so I could talk to Dongwoon, luckily he was there, but today he wasn;t with Yoseob. I walked up to him and said, "Hey, I'm sorry I had to leave so abruptly!"

"It's okay, it just kind of surprised me."

"I have a tendency to do that to you. Sorry."

"It's okay. No worries."

We continued talking, we traded phone numbers, and he asked me, "Do you want to stay after school today, and listen to me play?"

I asked, "Yeah I'd love to, but won't I bother you?"

"No, I actually enjoy your company."

When he said this I got butterflies in my stomach. Then class started.

After school, I headed to the choir room. I heard Dongwoon's voice, and I was just about to go in, when I heard another person's voice. I stood as close to the door that I could. It was the voice of a girl. I peeked through the window of the door and I saw Dongwoon and the girl smiling. She looked really girly. Of course this must be the kind of girl. The thing was, when I look at her, she looks extremely girly. I am the exact opposite. I'm not even that girly. This broke my heart. I didn't want to see Dongwoon anymore. I want to give up. I texted Dongwoon telling him that I couldn't make it. He texted me back asking why. I told him soccer practice. 

I left the building. I looked back once to look at the window of the choir room. Then I continued on my way home.

(POV ---- Dongwoon)

I was in the choir room, when one of my stalkers came into the room. I was trying to get her out. While talking to her. I thought I saw Yoori's face. When I finally managed to get the girl out of the room, I looked around checking to see if it was really Yoori's face. She wasn't around. When I went back inside I got  text from her saying she couldn't make it. I asked why. She said she had soccer practice. I was really disappointed.

I was looking out the window, and I thought I saw Yoori. I wasn't sure though. That is until, she turned around showing her face. It was Yoori, but I thought that she had soccer practice. I ran outside. I wanted to catch up with her. I was sprinting trying to find her. I searched for her, but she wasn't anywhere I went. I gave up.

I walked to the park.  I saw someone on the swing. Someone that looked like Yoori. I got closer and closer to the girl. It was Yoori. I said, "Yoori."

She looked up with her tear streaked face, she quickly wiped them away and said, "Oh I'm sorry Dongwoon."

I said, "Why are you crying?"

"No reason." she said, looking down.

I kneeled down on my knee and lifted her chin up with my finger. I said, "Yoori, why are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at me, I'm mad at myself."

"Why?"

"Because," she hesitated, "I've fallen for you."

She held my hands, and said, "I'm sorry."

I looked at her and asked, "Why are you sorry?"

"Because I'm just bothering you with my silly feelings."

"They aren't silly, if I like you back." I said.

"What?"

"Yoori, I've like you since the beginning of school. Even though we have never talked before, you always had such a bright smile on your face, and you had such a kind demeanor. I just never had the guts to talk to you. I was so happy that day when I bumped into you."

"What?" she repeated.

"And this time, it's my turn to surprise you." I said.

I  cupped her face with my hands and gently pressed my lips against hers. After a few seconds, she started to kiss back.

When we released, she smiled and said, "Surprises aren't that bad."